“Classic and lovely!”
Review of Sea View Hotel

Sea View Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
Reviewed 14 June 2014

All the crew recieved us land made feel like Family! Spanish and English spoken there. Beautiful place, plenty of room! Next to the beach and better like been in South Beach like my last visit to another hotel

Room Tip: In front of the beach are better!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MariaFernanda1976
Sea View Hotel o, Manager at Sea View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Dear MariaFernanda1976,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your most recent stay at The Sea View Hotel. We are pleased to know you had a great stay and hope to continue to meet your expectations during your next visit with us.
Hope to see you soon..

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good location away from the crowds. Very well managed and maintained. Extremely clean. Staff, for the most part, pleasant and accommodating. Daytime staff seem to be more helpful and experienced. If you're not driving, trip from the airport could run you from $50 to $80.

Room Tip: try and get a room with balcony. makes a big difference.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sea View Hotel o, Director of Sales at Sea View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Dear BigFish419,
Thank you for your recent comments from your stay at The Sea View Hotel.
We always appreciate positive feedback knowing we achieved our goal of taking care of our guests.
We hope you will visit us again real soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I've been in this hotel several times so I consider that I can do a REAL review of it.
The hotel location is perfect. On Collins Ave. in the middle of Bal Harbour with direct access to the beach and just meters to the Bal Harbour Shops.
The hotel is very clean while this is something difficult to find in Miami Beach.
They definitively don't like the kids, I noted it on my successive visits, specially the breakfast manager, that woman uses to be rude if you're with children. I've contacted the hotel managers because if that situation. Anyway I found other guests feeling the same about the hotel and their children acceptance.
The beach area is a bit outdated, it needs a refresh, and the pool wasn't so clean during my stay.
When I arrived to the hotel this time I was told that I was going to pay $50 per night for my sons (additional bed) while I booked a room for 3 people including a king size bed. I argued about the extra charge not being informed by the travel agency before booking and the manager kindly removed the charges as an exception. So consider this additional fee when booking.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Sergio S

Dear matanga81,
As a valued repeat customer, we appreciate your feedback regarding your last visit to The Sea View Hotel. We hope our staff has not offended you or your family in any way due to the fact you feel we are not "kid friendly." In fact, we are very much "kid friendly," as well as, family friendly. The uniqueness of our hotel having owners that stay six months out of the year drive us to being kid-friendly. We are very welcoming of all types of guests and welcome families with children to the single traveler. We apologize for your experience and hope this does not turn you away from staying with us in the future. The management team has been informed of your concerns and addressed their staff with corrective measures and extended training.
We always welcome your comments regarding your stay, especially when you are present at the hotel so we can correct the situation at that moment. Please feel free to approach our management team to discuss your concerns and we will do everything in our power to assure a friendly and safe environment for you and your family.
We hope you decide to return real soon and look forward to you and your family's visit!
Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Overall we would not stay here again. The staff here was just awful. That coupled with the nickel and diming for everything made for an unpleasant experience.

We had to pay $15 to use the "gym" (and I use that term loosely since it had one treadmill and one bike and a small assortment of other equip ) The posted hours to the gym are 7 AM opening. So I went there at 7 AM and they were not open. They had to get security to open the door for me ( and incidently he acted like he was doing me a HUGE favor by opening the gym - that I was paying for - when it should have been open ) So anyhow, I am running - and as any runner knows I like to keep a good pace / time, and the trainer there comes up to me mid run and interupts me to tell me that the staff at the front desk forgot to charge me and there is another form that I have to sign. ?? HUH!!!?? So after getting into the gym late, finding someone to open the gym and having my workout interupted, still charged $15. And it felt like the AC was not working as the temp was a good 10 degrees warmer than it should have been.

The staff here wasnot very pleasant either.. We looked around the pool for towels ( seems a reasonable request ) and couldnt find any at 7 PM. So I went to the front desk to ask where the towels were (This is a $300/night hotel.Its not unreasonable to ask for a towl for the pool at 7PM ) and she looked at me like I was crazy for asking. She curtly informed me that they only stock towels until 5 PM and that I would have to go back to my room and get one of our TWO bath towels to use for my daughter. Not service that I would expect from a 3+ star hotel that we are paying a lot of money for.

Also for breakfast, we stopped at the coffee place - $13 for a hard bagel, small cup of apple juice and 1 coffee. The parking was $20 for the night and the valet proceeded to scold me for how I put the luggage in the car.

We would not be staying here again. Like the property, like the location, but the staff made this a memorable trip, and not in a good way.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank VernonCT

Dear VernonCT,
Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay with us at The Sea View Hotel. We always appreciate guests' input of how their stay went. Sorry to hear your experience was not a pleasant one. We are working on your concerns with both management and staff. We are hopeful that you would give us another try to prove we have improved our hotel to your liking. Our guest's experience is paramount to our continued success. We take your comments very seriously and look forward to making improvements as needed. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.
We hope you will stay with us again in the near future.
Rene Lopez

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed at this quaint European style hotel for a week and it was calming, lovely, immaculate, on the beach and accessible to everything. You can walk across the street to Bal Harbor Shops for great dining and "expensive" shopping or you can rent a car be anywhere fairly quickly. Easy access to and from airport. Be sure to visit the South Beach area for a treat...fabulous restaurants, people watching from the Clevelander is fun...This is our 4th visit to this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: As for room location, try to get a room facing the beach...it is lovely. You will feel special. If...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbi1526

Dear Barbi1526,
We appreciate the fact you keep returning to our hotel and giving us your feedback as well. It's paramount for us to know our guests are being treated well and you have confirmed this.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit and thank you again for staying at The Sea View Hotel.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I've reviewed this hotel on a couple of occasions...and now, we...my wife and I...were back again. I suppose that returning again and again as we do is a good review in and of itself. It remains a quiet, unpretentious place that we find nice and comfortable. Our room was spacious and both the room and the bathroom were immaculate. I like the bar, where the bartender was always very friendly. On nice days you can sit at the outside bar but inside in the evenings is also very pleasant. All in all, I still recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice....though not glitzy...hotel that has a fine pool and beach. The only one thing that irked me was the hair-dryer that is mounted on the wall above the commode. The hand-held unit wouldn't sit in the wall-mount well at all and I notified the desk about it in person. I know that someone did give it some attention while we were out, but didn't correct this at all because it kept falling out of its place during our stay and, on one occasion, it nearly fell right into the commode. Now, this isn't a big thing, but I feel that it should have been repaired properly or we should have been told why it wasn't. I hope I'm not being petty but this alone prevents me from concluding that the Sea View is an "Excellent" hotel. I guess we don't necessarily need an excellent hotel when visiting South Florida to see relatives. If it were one of our genuine vacations, I'd be more disappointed in this omission. C'mon owners...pay some more attention to the details!! because you do have a nice place, there!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Avrumeleh B

Dear avrumeleh,
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay here at The Sea View Hotel and continually do so as you keep returning. We are most appreciative of this. We look forward to seeing you on your return trip and have addressed your concerns with informing management to correct this issue. Hopefully, when you return, this will not be an issue any longer. It's nice to know we are at the top of your list when it comes to the hotel of your choice.
Many thanks from the management team, as well as, all our staff.
Rene Lopez
Director of Sales

Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband & I stayed here for the convenience, however, now we simply love this grand hotel!! The restaurant, the bar, the service...hands down best on the beach!! We have stayed in September and November, looking to return in March.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GuestservicesGenetti

Dear Kathy T,
Thank you much for that feedback as it's most appreciated!
We look forward to your return and hope we exceed your expectations.
Happy traveling.

Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Beach Surfside
The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
Sun Harbour Boutique Hotel
Grand Beach Hotel Surfside West

Been to Sea View Hotel? Share your experiences!