Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bartow
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Good location. Pretty much only hotel in bartow. Walkable to quite a few eateries.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Anonymous49463

Reviewed 2 December 2011

My name is Melissa Klavon & My husband and I checked out of the Hotel on Sunday November 25, 2011. We checked out of room 210 and I mistakenly left my make-up bag and sunglasses in the room as we checked out. I didn't care about the sunglasses because they were cheap. However, I asked the manager to overnight my make-up to me which took almost a week to receive. However, I'm not upset about that. I'm upset about the fact that either house keeping or someone behind the front desk STOLE a huge portion of my make-up. This was very expensive make-up. I grew up in Bartow and this was my first stay there. I have placed a call to the manager and have yet to receive a call back. I am very upset, that the trust and belief in thinking someone would take care of your valueables and return them back to you in good condition and nothing missing. I am very upset and I will not recommend you use this hotel for your stay. You can not trust that your belongings are safe or will be taken care of. I will not let this go. If the manger does not call me back, I am going to corporate. To think that I actually trusted that my belongings would be returned back to me the way they were left!!! It's people like this, that give this hotel a bad name and make it even harder to trust a company that claim to give you comfort. VERY DISSAPPOINTED with the SERVICE and the COMMUNICATION!!!!! Manger if you're reading this, I would like an answer as to what happened to my belongings and reimbursed.

Room Tip: Do not leave your belongings behind, they will get stolen.
Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Missafrank
Reviewed 21 February 2011

This hotel was nice and clean. Front desk staff was also nice but they offered no real solution for my questions. First was the printer in the business center did not work. I needed to print boarding passes they told me they were aware and thought it was fixed.
So that was that. Also they advertise heated outdoor pool, not so when i asked about it they passed the buck onto the boss that was not in so they told me it was off because of him. Staff in breakfast room was far from pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank DOGIECRB
Reviewed 24 February 2010

for 3 nights. The hotel is set back from the road but request a room away from the street as noise can be irritating early in the morning. Clean rooms. Breakfast functional. Staff friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank 57Lulu
Reviewed 8 November 2009

I stayed here on a Priority free night, but had made a day-off mistake on the reservation. Fortunately, the manager approved the change and was very nice about it. I enjoyed the hotel and a nice visit in the historic district of Bartow.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank KathleenSarasota_FL
Reviewed 29 March 2009

The Bartow Holiday Inn Express is situated in Central Florida, around one-hour south of Orlando, and for me was the perfect mid-way rest location on our recent trip to Florida. We arrived very late (around midnight), so the hotel was quiet. Even so, the reception staff were attentive and helpful, and had ensured we were given a room specific to our requests made at the time of our booking - which was a very nice surprise!

The hotel appears to be relatively new, the rooms are clean and well-appointed, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a large car park, so no parking worries, and is just off the main street (and easy to find). We only had breakfast - which was a buffet-type - but the food was good, and there was plenty of coffee.

Overall, a very enjoyable experience, even though our stay was short. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2008

I made a reservation with this hotel for work. When I called them to receive my bill they stated that there had been an error and that I was originally booked for 3 nights. I explained to them that I was not there for three nights and had proof of this since I was stayed at a diffrent hotel and had a copy of the bill. The manager Scott Smith and the owner Sunny Chauhan are very rude and only care about making a buck. I am never staying at a Holiday Inn chain ever again. I hope none of you ever stay at this location because if there is a problem they will not help you with it. Now I am out +200 dollars right around the holidays. These guys have no spine, if you dont believe me read my and other people's reports on BBB.com.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank junior252365
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartow
Hampton Inn Bartow
Holiday Inn Winter Haven
Holiday Inn Winter Haven
#3 of 16 in Winter Haven
Hyatt Place Lakeland Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow? Share your experiences!