“Great Value, Quality, Cleanliness” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bartow
jacksonville
“Great Value, Quality, Cleanliness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

It appears this hotel is either new or remodeled. The room was in great shape, quite elegant. Beds were excellent. Staff friendly, and best of all, the included breakfast was great. Selections from cereal, pastries and bagels, fruit, eggs and sausage, coffee and juice. Probably the best I have had.

Location was 12-15 minutes from the Circle B Bar Reserve, which we visited, and walking distance from restaurants and many business establishments.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Janet S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

My flight was delayed so I arrived very late. The hotel has a door bell for late night I rang the bell four times with no response. I called the front desk and was let in. The rest of the staff was courteous. The hotel is older and showing it in minor ways. The entry from the road is tricky the first time. Good location for a working trip. I would consider this hotel for any future work in the area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dustyelectrician
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear forcedtotravel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you found our staff courteous and apologize for the inconvenience the condition of our rooms may have caused. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed here two nights in mid-October 2013. Staff were great but I could not believe that a Holiday Inn would ever force such horrendous beds on guests. Box springs groaned and squeaked like crazy. Mattresses were literally worn out and sway-backed. Area around the light switch in the bathroom was dirty. Walls were very thin but had a room adjacent to an orchard so not much street noise. Breakfast was mediocre. Eggs seemed powdered. Sausage was "fixin' to turn".

Room Tip: Not sure any room will be good here until they buy new beds. But the orchard side (west?) is quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jedijd
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear jedijd,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I appreciate your compliments regarding our great staff. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the condition of our bed. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Came in on a very rainy evening soaking wet and the first thing the person behind the counter said "Is it raining". I did not reach for my small caliber handgun but instead said no...I fell in your pool. The person looked at me and said OK...

Never mind about the help, the room was clean and fresh smelling. Stayed on the fourth floor and was absolutely quite. I could not even hear the elevator. The attendant in the breakfast room was very attentive. I had to come back to review some presentations and my room was being cleaned so I went down to the breakfast area which was closed. I asked if we could use a table and she had no problem of us working there. Even offered to make us some fresh coffee. Now that is service.

Stay again...yep...

Room Tip: If possible stay on the back side. High light area around the front.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank soddycreek
Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Went down for a famiily reunion. This hotel was chosen by the famiy because it was close to the festivities. The hotel is clean, in a good location for Bartow, with good WiFi coverage in the rooms. The price included a free breakfast although it is not as good as the Hampton Inns I usually prefer. If I had to return to Bartow, I would definitly choose this place again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Nice stay. Clean, comfortable, quiet and attentive staff. Due to a conference Lakeland was booked up. I did some Googling and found this little Gem, I was not the least bit disappointed. Be sure while you are in Bartow to eat a Fred's Market. Excellent homegrown food.

Room Tip: Off the beaten path I don't think you could get a bad room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Spring Hill, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Stayed there for the third time last week, and thought it was time to review them. Pleasant employees, clean rooms, good breakfast. When my travel plans call for me to be in Bartow overnight I'll stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartow
Hampton Inn Bartow
Hampton Inn Winter Haven
#2 of 16 in Winter Haven
BEST WESTERN Auburndale Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow? Share your experiences!