“Highly Recommended”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bartow
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed for almost 3 weeks and the service was great! Employees were very professional and accommodating. Room was clean and almost sound proof. Breakfast was good but I do suggest a microwave because some food was cold. The desk clerk, Oscar, was very friendly and answered all of my questions without a fuss. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were excellent. I slept soundly and hardly ever woke up due to interruption. The T.V. played a lot of well quality shows and movies. I prefer the coffee maker to not be in the bathroom though. The bathroom was very sanitary and well kept. The pool was very enjoyable. There isn't much to do in Bartow but I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 1st floor on North side has easy access to pool and lobby
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Christina W

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Nice and clean and new-looking, but with a very noisy air conditioner. When we mentioned this to the front desk they looked baffled. Never heard of the problem, and new of no remedy. We had to turn the AC off so we could sleep, or it suddenly would come on with a loud noise. I do not think these AC units are designed to do this, but at this hotel they have been programmed this way in a misguided effort to "save money". It gets hot in these rooms in July with the AC off.

The breakfast was nice, but the only newspaper was USA TODAY, which means they do not cater to business people. I had to go out to get a paper. Not acceptable.

On future visits to this area we will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear George E,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is always our goal to provide convenient and comfortable accommodations as well as world class service to all our guests. On this occasion we regret we fell short of your expectations. We would like to address this further and have sent you a private message.

Karen C

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My room was clean and comfortable and met all my expectations. However, when I went for breakfast, I was very disappointed. The scrambled eggs had a cardboard texture and the sausage was cold and resembled leather. I then tried a bagel and found that there was no butter. My cup of coffee was the best part of the entire breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear SunflowerGirl_2014,

Thank you so much for your feedback. While we are pleased to read that you loved our room accommodation, we sincerely apologize for the disappointment you had with our breakfast selection. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate department. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My family and I stayed here for 3 days and loved it! The rooms were so clean which is my number one concern with hotels. In particular, one women who was part of the housekeeping staff, was named Martha. She was one of the most down to earth, sweet people we have come across! She made our stay so worth it. Pool area was nice and the breakfast room is so pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank ARH333
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Have stayed here several times over the past several years for business. Well located in Bartow Florida. Clean and well staffed. Front desk always professionally staffed. Free business breakfast typical for a Holiday Inn Express. Will stay again next time business calls me to Bartow.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear MRPaulRossi,

Thank you for writing us a review. Please know that during your stay it is always a pleasure to assist you and that we will do our utmost best to ensure you can enjoy your stay with us. We appreciate the compliments about our clean and convenient location. I’m very sure that the staff will be delighted to hear about your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring a positive stay experience on your next future visit.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We traveled for the weekend (Memorial Day Weekend) & chose Holiday Inn Express Bartow because some of our friends were staying there one night & after looking into it we decided to all say 2 nights. I'm so glad we did!!! Our room was a suite & so nice. One of the staff told us it opened in '06 but I would never have guessed. It looked pretty new & was very well taken care of. The staff were great & even knowledgeable about what kind of fish are in the tank in the lobby. The gentleman that got us checked in was so great! We got in late & needed to get milk (they don't have the little shopping section) so he went & got us some from the breakfast room. For a tired mommy with an even more tired baby it was huge. Breakfast is fine. Our room was slick n' span! The mattresses are very nice & we slept great. The suite comes with a pullout love wear & mini- kitchenette. Next time we head to Tampa I would have no problem staying here again. It was so nice! Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: Ask for one away from pool & elevator
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bec-rock-81
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights while in town for a wedding. The room was very nice. It was very spacious. Our King room had a couch, chair and ottoman as well as a desk and chair. The bathroom was a little cramped for two people, but very functional. The breakfast bar was adequate at best. There was lots of variety, but quality was not great. I would stay there again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dewayne A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartow
Hampton Inn Bartow
Hampton Inn Winter Haven
Hampton Inn Winter Haven
#2 of 16 in Winter Haven
Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow? Share your experiences!