“Daddy O Hotel, loved our stay here!”
Review of Daddy O Hotel

Daddy O Hotel
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Daddy O Hotel, loved our stay here!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My fiance and I enjoyed a short pre-wedding vacation here, 6/8-11. It kept popping up on my hotel search but since I wasn't familiar with it, I kept ignoring it. Finally, I checked it out, read the great reviews and went for it. It was just what we needed: small, in a quiet but upscale area, clean, comfortable, great service by everyone from the front desk to the cleaning staff, nice little complimentary breakfast. We walked about 10 minutes to the beach nearby, took a 40-minute city bus to South Beach, had great meals at Cafe Primi Pasta, Sazon Cuba, and The Palm Restaurant that is attached to the hotel. We had a nice relaxing time, the weather was perfect, we would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: We had Room 225A, right over the parking lot. We heard the garbage trucks, cars, music and people t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DaddyOMiami, General Manager at Daddy O Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for posting a beautiful review of the Daddy O Hotel on tripadvisor. We are pleased that you took a chance on staying with us and that you departed happy and relaxed. I’m sure you are ready to return for more R & R, so when you plan your next trip remember the Daddy O.
Regards.
Daddy O team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Needed just a small quaint place to stay for the night without lacking in quality, Daddy O was more than we could have asked for! Fantastic customer service, very clean, very sheek, just perfect for our mini getaway. Great color scheme and good vibes all around. Such a great little boutique hotel! Absolutely worth every penny, would 100% stay there again and would recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay in Miami. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DaddyOMiami, General Manager at Daddy O Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank You for staying at our charming Hotel “Daddy’O”. It is also pleasant to hear that we could transmit good vibes and that our staff could make your stay enjoyable. We hope that you brought some happy memories back home and looking forward to see you again at your next trip to Miami.
Have a marvelous week.
Warm greetings
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

On Friday the 6th of June I arrived at Daddy O Hotel in Bay Harbor Islands pleasantly surprise. We arrive at 4pm are room was ready when we got there. The check in was so smooth. Harold was our concierge. He was awesome and treated with respect so did the young lady at our check out on Sunday. Our room was fantastic. Nice size for a hotel room. It was very clean. I been to many hotels around the world for a small Hotel, Daddy O was on the top of my list. Very close to South Beach and to beaches. Not luxurious but very sheek,modern and clean. In addition the wifi was fast even included breakfast from 7-10am. I definitely recommend Daddy O. Can't wait to go back. If I would have gotten a free day I would have stayed.. lol would have called sick. Thank you for a wonderful time Daddy O.

Room Tip: rooms in the back are the best are quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful and accurate review of the Daddy O Hotel. Our team members and especially Harold would like to thank you for recognizing their efforts towards making your stay with us a success. We bet you are wishing that you would have called out sick… :)
All the best and we look forward to your return.
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Find a promotion or use a discount website/app... DO NOT PAY OVER $110 a night. It's all is worth. The rooms were not ready on time... One wasn't even ready at 5:00pm... Parking isn't easy... Crew it's very friendly but not enough people working. No pool. Nice and clean rooms. Ask for extra soap, shampoo and towels before getting in your room... Not enough for 2 people.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a review of the Daddy O Hotel on tripadvisor. We apologize that your room may have not been ready for check in when you arrived. Parking is conveniently located on 3 sides of our hotel guest are able to self park or use our valet service which is included in the $12 parking charge. Our boutique hotel only has 46 rooms which does limit the need for a big staff. Our bellman and front desk agents are always ready (24/7) to assist with any and all guest requests, we are only 1 phone call away. We look forward to your return and our chance to meet your needs.
Happy greetings from Bay Harbor Islands.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great hotel, would definitely stay there again. Very cozy environment, great welcoming staff and amazing location. Very close to the beach, mall, and great restaurants. Driving distance to South Beach. The staff was very knowledgeable about the area and gave us great recommendations of where to go eat.

Room Tip: You might want to get a room towards the back side of the hotel, front room was a little loud.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DaddyOMiami, General Manager at Daddy O Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Daddy O Hotel, and we thank you for your review. We hope that you will join us again soon.
Sincerely
Daddy O Staff
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel is the best hotel I have ever stayed in, the staff was amazing and the decor was a wow factor. I would like to thank Asher for making our stay as amazing as it was. Upon arrival we just walked in to the hotel, and he checked us in, valet our car, and had our luggage brought up to our rooms. That was not all after we came down to the front desk he let us know were two gyms were, we went to La fitness because they had an olympic size pool, all we had to do was show them our room key and they let us right in. When we got back he set us up with a tour of miami, which was amazing.

Room Tip: second floor facing outside
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review, and we are glad you enjoyed your stay here with us at Daddy O hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely
Daddy O Team
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014

There aren't many choices of hotels in Bal Harbour. I wanted to stay at One Bal Harbour but it was more than my maximum company budget. I ended up at DaddyO and I really regret it. It was very noisy--I was in a room near to the lobby on the 1st floor and there was some kind of party going on there after 11PM. You can hear the people talking in the next room, and people walking upstairs. The wifi was terrible. It kept going in and out and it was excruciatingly slow. As a business traveler, getting a good night's sleep and having a reliable wifi connection are both a must. Both of these were terrible in this hotel. The service was also very poor. The staff were pleasant enough, but they are understaffed. I asked for a remote control for my TV, since it was missing in my room. I had to call back 30 minutes later because I still hadn't received it. The staff were just too busy to bring one to me. The check-in was also very slow, since there is only one person at the front desk. The air conditioning in the room is very frustrating. It either makes the room too cold or too warm, and it was impossible to get the temperature right. The rooms are shabby at best. They try to be trendy, and perhaps at one point, they were, but the furnishings just look cheap and dated. There is no gym or pool. On the positive side, the hotel is very well located (within walking distance) to the Shops at Bal Harbour, it's cheap, and the restaurant next door (The Palm) is excellent. But, next time I will stay at The Standard in Miami Beach and take a taxi 30 minutes into Bal Harbour to avoid having to stay at this very mediocre hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hapahyrbid
DaddyOMiami, General Manager at Daddy O Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for posting a review of the Daddy O Hotel on tripadvisor. As the general manager of the Daddy O, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay. If there is anything I can do to change your mind about returning, please feel free to contact me directly so that I can personally oversee your reservation.
Best Regards,
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Beach Surfside
The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
Sun Harbour Boutique Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami

Been to Daddy O Hotel? Share your experiences!