This was our first experience camping in The Keys. We chose Big Pine Fishing Lodge based on the reviews here.
We booked last minute and it was no problem. We were assigned our site and it was close to the water. It was lovely, but we felt a little crammed in next to our neighbors. We took a quick walk around the campground and saw another site that was a little further from the water, but had more space. They gladly switched our site and were extremely accommodating.
The campground was spotless. Bathroom, pool and game room areas, even the dump station for the RV's was immaculate. We were impressed with the camp store. They had a little bit of everything. My husband and I were shocked that they actually had a good wine selection, in a camp store!
You can tell there are some families that reside there for the season. They look well moved in to their sites. I have to say they were the loveliest, friendliest people. BPKFL is not an incredibly large campground, but big enough that you don't feel jammed in there. The grounds offered tent and rv camping as well as efficiency and loft rooms.
There is a pool located on the roof of the game room. It was very clean with great, relaxing sitting areas. Pool was nice and warm. There is also a nature trail that is enjoyable. The very best feature of BPKFL is the adorable Key Deer. They roam around the camp area and are very tame and very cute.
BPKFL is a terrific place for adults and also for families. Our family will certainly be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pine Key Fishing Lodge (BPKFL) occupies ten pristine acres between the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. Perfectly positioned in the Middle Keys at MM33, the BPKFL offers a friendly home-base from which to enjoy all the Florida Keys has to offer. The BPKFL has several lodging options to choose from including efficiencies, motel rooms, rustic campsites, electric/water RV sites and even waterfront sites. With a boat ramp and canals, you can put your boat in the water (and leave it in the water) during your stay. This idea of "boat-side" camping gives you the freedom to jump in your boat and go when the mood strikes. Our camp store is stocked with everything you need to be comfortable at camp and out on the water. This includes food, beverages and snacks plus fishing and marine supplies like marine gas, bait and basic water sports equipment. We are one of the few campgrounds in the area where you can come with an empty cooler and get everything you need right on property. Recreation is a big part of life in the Keys and at the BPKFL we have the facilities to help you make the most of your vacation. Play ping-pong, take a long walk on the beach or just relax under a palm tree; do as much or as little as you care to do. From our roof top pool to our calendar of parties and planned activities, BPKFL has something for visitors of all ages. If you need anything at all, please call our office and a member of the Big Pine Key Fishing Lodge will return your call within 24 hours. Whether this is your first visit to BPKFL or your fiftieth, we look forward to sharing out little slice of paradise with you. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Big Pine Key Fishing Hotel Big Pine Key
- Big Pine Fishing Lodge Big Pine Key Fla
- Big Pine Key Fishing Lodge Florida Keys