“GREAT! Definitely stay here!!!!”

Old Wooden Bridge Fishing Camp
Deltona, Florida
“GREAT! Definitely stay here!!!!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed here last fall and it was awesome! Everyone is friendly and helpful! The accommodations were clean and tidy. I absolutely love it here. The rate are unbeatable and the location is central to everything. It was so fun waking up to the deer everywhere. Fishing is unbeatable as well. STAY HERE, you will love it to!!

Room Tip: The suite is the best! Roomy!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WhitneyHarvey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We were looking for something quiet and quaint. It's only quiet if you don't have to run the AC which is really loud. The appliances were all old, rusty and didn't work well. While the cabin seemed clean enough, with all the rusty kitchen appliances and ants running around, eating in lost it's appeal. The beds were not comfortable and the linens were the worst I've ever seen--no natural fabrics here--making the beds even more unpleasant. The bathroom shower was moldy. This was the only place we stayed that the kayaks weren't complimentary, so we had to pay extra to kayak. I have to admit, I was worried when we walked in and saw the sign "No refunds for early check out". I'm sure that is a problem for them, that when folks get there and see the actual units they want to leave. Our neighbors were no happier with their rooms than we were with ours. The staff was friendly and helpful, but find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Catlady6262

Travellers are raving about these Big Pine Key hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My wife and I have traveled extensively. We have been all over the USA. This is absolutely my favorite place to stay anywhere in the US. If I'm not here I am wanting to be here. I love how it is off the beaten path. The walk out on the bridge is relaxing and there is always something to see. The Key Deer wander by all the time and their visits are always welcome. The people who run this place are TOP NOTCH!! You get the feeling they actually care about you and that is a rare thing in most other places we have stayed. My wife and I are country people and this is by far our favorite place. We have stayed here a total of 3 times now. The first time was for a week in late May/Early June 2009. We came back for a week over Christmas and New Years that same year and then stayed 2 weeks May\June 2013. I LOVE this place!!!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Oheady
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I travel constantly, I like funky ... especially if its charming. This place is a dive, a dump, and there is nothing charming. the air conditioner is a half assembled falling apart dirty appliance, the kitchen .. good a kitchen but the bedroom made it impossible to stay. It is not like the 40s or 50s or 60s left over charming. Its just.. cheap, unpainted, unclean, old ugly bedspread that was born that way when it was new. It would take so little to make this place as nice on the inside as it looks like it might be from the outside. A clean white chenille bedspread, a formica table and old fashion bright linoleum would evoke a time when these little cabins were new. instead its got the bad taste of every single decoration from Pennys to k mart. The location is great, but even fishermen and their wives deserve a nice place to have morning coffee.
Of course there are alot of very funky places in the keys. evidently the competition is so fierce they dont have to ... well, do anything much to make the rooms nice. I forfeited my room and left..
ONe night there would have been one night too many at any cost.

Room Tip: go to a different motel. if you are here and must make the best of it, the room i had was near the...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank theRealRickieLee
Holiday, Fla
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This was our 4th year at Old wooden Bridge. The owner and staff make you feel at home , as much as possible. We obviously love this place. We were able to stay a week this time. Lobster this year was great as usual ! We live in Florida, but there is truly no place like Big Pine Key! The 1st day we just kicked back and drove around looking at the Iguanas and Key Deer. All the locals are as friendly as can be. Going to The Old Wooden Bridge has become a family tradition. I would refer anyone that's looking for a no frills homey place to vacation. See you next year!! The Economos Family!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Suliea Susie E
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We just stayed here again on are way back from Key West . Yes we have stayed before and know what to expect . This is not a five star it's a fishing camp . It's pretty much clean for the most part has everything you need . We love the bridge you can walk right up and fish everyday. I grew up fishing off this bridge and I still love it . This is a great place to sleep after fishing and boating. Many times I bring my own pillows and blankets . Nothing matches but it's clean. And most of drapes don't work but that ok not a big deal. But overall we we will back for sure . Ow and all the key deer are everywhere very cool to see. Thanks again , see ya soon .

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank ritzyorkie
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We spent a week here the first of May 2013. Stayed in a 2 bedroom cottage. Spartan but clean. Cable TV, kitchen, decent A/C. Reasonble price. The beauty though is you can dock your boat 200 feet away from your cottage. Launch the boat, gas, bait, tackle, ice, etc... all at your finger tips. The folks that run the place are great. Very freindly and accomodating. The boyfriend of one of the girls at the marina is a fantastic boat mechanic - motors and electrical. Jeremy made the trip for us - saved the day 3 times fixing electrical and engine problems. Great guy. I would recommend this place to any and all boaters.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Parmer's Resort
#2 of 2 in Little Torch Key
Sunshine Key RV Resort & Marina
Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, A Noble House Resort
Little Palm Island Resort & Spa,...
#1 of 2 in Little Torch Key
Looe Key Reef Resort
Looe Key Reef Resort
#1 of 1 in Ramrod Key
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort

Been to Old Wooden Bridge Fishing Camp? Share your experiences!