“Piece of Serenity”

Old Wooden Bridge Fishing Camp
Fort Myers, Florida
“Piece of Serenity”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

A great getaway and I must say they offer unique ammenities, especially if you are the outdoor type of person. Examples of what they offer are kayaking and fishing. There is a marina and boating is optional, if you decide to bring your boat. They have nice spacious cottages with Wifi available as most places would have and only a few minutes away from the main road. A restaurant is nearby as well as the bridge that is within walking distance. If any of this is what you
are looking for, then you have found the right place. Check it out if you are in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Doris L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Era, Michigan
Reviewed 15 March 2014

From the time we pulled up and saw the marina and cabins we felt like we had arrived at place that had captured that old time charm of days gone by. If you are looking for the Ritz, this is not, but it was comfortable and we fell in love with the people and the place.The location is fantastic for water adventures, the proximity to the ocean down Bogie channel makes it easy to fish off-shore, or just a few miles North to the gulf, or lots of flats and holes to fish in between. There are nice boats that. are available to rent. The kayak tour was a great learning adventure with knowledgeable guides. We enjoyed seeing all the natural beauty and creatures so much we rented kayaks several times and went exploring and gathering.. When we weren't cooking the fish and lobster and stone crabs we caught there was a great little pub "No Name Pub" just a block away. We had planned to stay in Key West after two weeks at "The Camp", but after a couple days in that zoo, we went back to the relaxing laid back style of the Old Wooden Bridge fish camp, to sit by the pool and read a book.

Room Tip: .When we came back the only room available was above the store, and the views from up there were fan...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wayneo16
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My family and I loved our stay at Old Wooden Bridge. It was so easy to launch our boat right across from our room and we could pick up fresh live bait and snacks for our trip as well. The staff was super friendly and helpful. I would recommend anyone coming to the lower keys to check out this hidden treasure!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Luvshells
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed here last fall and it was awesome! Everyone is friendly and helpful! The accommodations were clean and tidy. I absolutely love it here. The rate are unbeatable and the location is central to everything. It was so fun waking up to the deer everywhere. Fishing is unbeatable as well. STAY HERE, you will love it to!!

Room Tip: The suite is the best! Roomy!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WhitneyHarvey
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We were looking for something quiet and quaint. It's only quiet if you don't have to run the AC which is really loud. The appliances were all old, rusty and didn't work well. While the cabin seemed clean enough, with all the rusty kitchen appliances and ants running around, eating in lost it's appeal. The beds were not comfortable and the linens were the worst I've ever seen--no natural fabrics here--making the beds even more unpleasant. The bathroom shower was moldy. This was the only place we stayed that the kayaks weren't complimentary, so we had to pay extra to kayak. I have to admit, I was worried when we walked in and saw the sign "No refunds for early check out". I'm sure that is a problem for them, that when folks get there and see the actual units they want to leave. Our neighbors were no happier with their rooms than we were with ours. The staff was friendly and helpful, but find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Catlady6262
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My wife and I have traveled extensively. We have been all over the USA. This is absolutely my favorite place to stay anywhere in the US. If I'm not here I am wanting to be here. I love how it is off the beaten path. The walk out on the bridge is relaxing and there is always something to see. The Key Deer wander by all the time and their visits are always welcome. The people who run this place are TOP NOTCH!! You get the feeling they actually care about you and that is a rare thing in most other places we have stayed. My wife and I are country people and this is by far our favorite place. We have stayed here a total of 3 times now. The first time was for a week in late May/Early June 2009. We came back for a week over Christmas and New Years that same year and then stayed 2 weeks May\June 2013. I LOVE this place!!!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Oheady
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I travel constantly, I like funky ... especially if its charming. This place is a dive, a dump, and there is nothing charming. the air conditioner is a half assembled falling apart dirty appliance, the kitchen .. good a kitchen but the bedroom made it impossible to stay. It is not like the 40s or 50s or 60s left over charming. Its just.. cheap, unpainted, unclean, old ugly bedspread that was born that way when it was new. It would take so little to make this place as nice on the inside as it looks like it might be from the outside. A clean white chenille bedspread, a formica table and old fashion bright linoleum would evoke a time when these little cabins were new. instead its got the bad taste of every single decoration from Pennys to k mart. The location is great, but even fishermen and their wives deserve a nice place to have morning coffee.
Of course there are alot of very funky places in the keys. evidently the competition is so fierce they dont have to ... well, do anything much to make the rooms nice. I forfeited my room and left..
ONe night there would have been one night too many at any cost.

Room Tip: go to a different motel. if you are here and must make the best of it, the room i had was near the...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Parmer's Resort
#2 of 2 in Little Torch Key
Sunshine Key RV Resort & Marina
Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, A Noble House Resort
Little Palm Island Resort & Spa,...
#1 of 2 in Little Torch Key
Ed & Ellen's Lodgings Big Pine Key
Barnacle Bed and Breakfast
Barnacle Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 4 in Big Pine Key

Been to Old Wooden Bridge Fishing Camp? Share your experiences!