“Locally Fresh Seafood Salad Prepared by Two Great Ladies”
Review of Keys Cuisine

Keys Cuisine
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Big Pine Key
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Hi everyone! We want to thank you for your support this season at Keys Cuisine. The local fisherman that help us to provide you with the freshest seafood in the Florida Keys also thank you for your support! We will be closed until mid October 2017. Please check Facebook for our reopening date. Have a wonderful and safe Summer!
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Keys Cuisine,' Locally fresh seafood' surprised us and exceeded our expectations for service, food, atmosphere and value; we would rate them 12 /10 and have told our friends who are planning to visit Key West to stop by Keys Cuisine! Reasonable prices per plate run at 'rock bottom' $9-$13 and the proportions are gracious. The ladies went out of their way to prepare a non-deep fried meal and delivered an excellent, refreshing strawberry salad with a simple lemon/ pepper dressing(not on the menu) when they found out I prefer fresh/ raw seafood. The ladies use key limes grown in their backyard and locally, fresh seafood to make any meal to please your palate!!! Keys Cuisine serves 'hog fish' style sandwiches to refreshing salads less than 10 minutes while you sit back and relax. Ladies at the Keys Cuisine created a unique, mango coleslaw and key lime tartar sauce to top off their tropical island sandwiches and salads!!! My husband was very appreciative and happy to taste locally fresh seafood! He and I can't stop telling our friends about our discovery of their famous 'hog fish sandwiches'; and we left the cuisine wanting more!!! Easily to find the location, easily accessible safe parking space, and great place to stop in before driving into Key West !!! They were generous to send us honey mangoes to enjoy along the trip!!! Keys Cuisine,Thank you so much for a great and generous experience!!!

3  Thank M61814VacationTrips

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My family and entire company absolutely love Keys Cuisine. We all come here for lunch whenever we can and it's always another great experience as the time before. The food is fresh, cooked to perfection, and they give generous proportions. The ladies are sweet and the atmosphere is laid back. From the things I have tried so far, the curried chicken is amazing and the dolphin sandwich is amazing, but my all time favorite is the shrimp po boy! I can't try anything else now because I'm hooked on the shrimp po boy! Do yourself a favor and get it!!!!

1  Thank YumYummInMyTumTumm
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Excellent hogfish sandwich! Mango coleslaw and key lime tartar sauce. Great job lady's, cool atmosphere and fresh food.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

'm glad to see Keys Cuisine open today, many restaurants in this area will have strange operating hours. Kim and her crew at Keys Cuisine are here 11:00-3:00pm Monday- Friday. The fried seafood baskets are served with slaw, tarter sauce and French fries, cou could also get the same well-seasoned fish on a toasted bun and all served at market price.
The fries are less seasoned however the slaw and tarter sauce certainly makes up for it. The tarter sauce is saucy, unlike the chunky mayo goop you get in Tennessee. Talking to the owner, Kim says it was her mother's recipe and she's not sharing. Nor would I expect it! Would love to see it available for sale in the cooler with the beverages
You can get seared tuna, steamed fish, grouper, other local fish and great salads.
After asking the cordial lady at the window what she preferred to use for condiment on the Hog Fish, she recommends "that tarter sauce, I just slather it on, but then I eat it with celery and carrots at home too." The trio at the helm knows their regulars and welcome the newbies like me, remembering your name after they've called your order.
Kim recommends the salads, "We have really great salads- avocado with the fish". They also make Spicy Yellow Fin Tuna roll with a fresh made aioli that is very popular. I will order that when I come back tomorrow. If you don't come to the Keys to eat seafood (???) you can enjoy sirloin burgers, black burgers or veggie burgers as well as a Tropical Curry Chicken Salad.
And remember that cole slaw? It contains a tropical secret ingredient as well and they told me but you will have to find out for yourself when you visit.

Lovely covered tiki style dining area with enough covering and walls to keep the heat from being uncomfortable and have a breeze.

Diet friendly, Vegan Friendly, Veggie Friendly and Gluten free friendly.

No plastic, bring cash or check

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stopped here because of excellent reviews. Had a cracked conch sandwich which was very good. Husband wished they had some sort of soup. Dog was able to sit under table. So far it is the only place we have eaten that had diet soda that did not contain caffeine Price was reasonable (for the Keys). I would go back just because personnel were so friendly and everything was so fresh.

1  Thank Wendy1107