“Best Burger in a long time!!!”
Review of Bistro 31 - CLOSED

Bistro 31
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located at Mile Marker 31 on Big Pine Key. We offer breakfast, lunch & dinner and have daily specials. Full bar, Beer, Wine, Liquor. Prime Rib on Friday; Barbecue on Saturday; Sunday-Turkey Dinner; Monday-Meatloaf Dinner; Mexican Tuesday; Italian Wednesday; Fish & Chips on Thursday. These are in addition to our daily menu.
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My friends and I have been wanting to try Bistro 31 for awhile. We were finally able to get our schedules together and make a great lunch of it. I ordered my burger medium rare...and I got it medium rare!!! I like to taste my beef...not have it smothered in "stuff". It was delicious! The choice of sides was your typical ff, potato salad and yay-tater tots! How fun is that? They were all hot and crispy...just yum! The price was good-average for the Keys, but a really good value. This was not one of those flat pre-fab burgers. It's was really tasty, filling, and a great value. I'll be back!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Our group of about 20 used to go here 2-3 times a week when it was Golden Margarita. We loved it. When Bistro took over, there were bad ratings so we stayed away until last week. We went and had a great happy hour at Bistro. We tried the shrimp, loaded fries, jalapeno poppers, sandwiches, alfredo and wings so we tried lots of things. All were very good! The most expensive was the alfredo at $12. We tried beer, wine, and mixed drinks. The prices were very fair. We will go back to visiting this restaurant several times a week....season is almost over for most of us so we hope it will be here next year.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This rest. has come a long way. I've been visiting BPK since 1990. This Bldg. has seen many forms of rest. but Bistro 31 is here to stay. The owners have done a great job on updating the building. The decor is still dated but the atmosphere is doable. The best part of the rest. is the food. Why else would you go to a rest. Being from NY, we found the prices very reasonable. The best feature of this rest. is they cook your catch. My daughter and I slayed the Spanish mackerel and brought a few fillets in for them to cook. It was DELICIOUS. Fresh fish is great but the seasoning and prep the chef did was outstanding. You get a side and potatoes. The first time our side was sliced carrots in a brown sugar molasses sauce, unbelievable. The second time was seasoned fresh string beans, we scoffed them down. the potatoes are fresh cut and fried to perfection and the blackened and fried fish prepared by the chef was exceptional. It is worth the try. Bistro 31 is at the top of the restaraunts on BPK, We walked out, stuffed to the gills ( ha ha) with soda and tea, additional salad and generous tip for $50.Can't beat it!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stopped here for lunch, was pretty good, the place was empty, but food ok, a bit pricey for what you get.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I'm no expert, but the seafood bisque was the best I've ever had. Better than many places that advertise theirs as being the best. The half sandwich (the club) I had with my half & half plate (in case this isn't self explanatory, it's a half sandwich with a half bowl, aka cup, of soup) was huge; I couldn't finish it. Very friendly service, accommodating. We definitely plan on returning. The "cost per person" value is based on the lunch menu.