My wife and I stayed here for six days in January 2014. We stayed in the Ocean Room, a quirkily decorated throwback to the 1970's, which included a shower head as a substitute for a bathroom sink faucet. The room itself opened out onto a beach area and had a nice outside sitting area. That said, the whole place seemed a bit worn. While the resident manager was very accommodating, he seemed to lack hospitality experience. If there was a problem, he fixed it, but there seemed to be little anticipation of guest needs, more reaction. Breakfasts were good, not great. The natural setting of this B & B is both an asset and a drawback -- the Key Deer viewing is up close and unsurpassed, the location is quiet and the nights are star-filled. But the small beach area is filled with seagrass which gave off considerable odor and when the wind was down the sand flies were pretty bad. The weed and the sand flies were not a problem for us, we are campers. And there is little or nothing that the owners can do about the flies or the odor -- it nature and cannot be removed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Barnacle! We are a bed and breakfast in Big Pine Key, FL which is about 30 miles from Key West. Our place is peaceful and very quaint. A perfect place to get away from the hustle of everday life, but still close enough to Key West to enjoy a day downtown. We pride ourselves on making your stay the most memorable and relaxing experience that you have ever had at a b&b, with excellent gourmet breakfasts and bbq's in the evening to reflect on the days activities while you watch the sun sink into the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Barnacle Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnacle b&b
- Barnacle Hotel Big Pine Key
- Barnacle Bed And Breakfast Big Pine Key, Florida Keys