Airport Motel
US$67
ComfortInn
US$62
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 April 2012

OK, the guy at the desk was very friendly. The area is certainly quiet. On the plus side, the bathroom appeared to be very clean and there was plenty of hot water for a shower. It's a good thing because I needed a long shower to feel clean after spending time in the room. Unfortunately, the thin scratchy towels (could literally see through them), spoiled the one good part of the visit. The bed spread was filthy, even looked to have fecal stains on it. The sheets and pillow cases seemed clean but the bed was miserably uncomfortable. I was very grateful to have had my own pillow. My husband referred to the mattress as "Sealey's Torquemada model". There was a chair and a fabric covered bench in the room that were so filthy I would never sit on them for fear I would stick. The carpet was filthy and had an iron shaped burn mark on it. The walls and doors were dirty. The TV was super small. The fridge had a horrible smell. At least there were no bugs. Trust me, I checked. If it hadn't been so late, we'd have just left and gone somewhere else. I'm really not fussy. We camp a lot and I don't mind "roughing it". All I wanted was a basic clean room. For the price, I had low expectations. Apparently, not low enough.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laurie E
Reviewed 23 April 2012

When we found out we were going to Blountstown Florida, the only motel in the area was the Airport Motel. It is small older motel. I was amazed at the cleanliness of the rooms. They are small but immaculately kept up. The staff was extremely friendly. The beds were comfortable, there was plenty of hot water for the showers and we even had a fairly decent interconnection. I would recommend this motel to anyone who has business or family in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol P
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We did a job in Blountstown and stayed at the Airport Motel. We had a wonderful stay. The Motel is very quiet, clean rooms, good showers, clean sheets, comfortable beds, and reasonable rates. The owners name is Harry and he is a great guy. Very hospitable, friendly and helpful. If I'm ever in Blountstown again I will definately stay at Harry's Airport Motel again.
Harry, if you read this I want to say Thank you for the wonderful stay that we had and thank you for making us feel so welcome at you motel. You're a great guy and I wish you the best. Hope to see you again sometime. Sincerely, Barron from room# 108 and 117 from 04-02-12 thru 04-04-12.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Was quoted one price on phone on two different inquires and charged more on check out. When asked why ,was given no answer just that is the cost. Ice machine broken with sign saying charge for ice. Room did not have 2 queen beds but doubles. Room so small it felt like a closet. No hot water for showers. Wi fi had no strenght and unable to maintain connection. Worst place I've ever stayed and cost me as much as Red Roof or Quality Inn. Do yourself a favor and keep driving.

Room Tip: The 3 motels in Bountstown are all terrible. Even the town residents said Airport and the other 2 are horrible and vistors always complain about these motels. They suggest stay in another town. Don't do like I did and believe the good reviews on Airport motel. Their friends or family probably wrote them. If there are no photos of their motel or listed info of room, including cost online, there's a reason!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2011

The Airport Motel's amenities are minimal, but it has the three most important: It is quiet, clean and friendly. If you're looking for a spa, a pool and restaurant look elsewhere. But if you're looking for a pleasant place to stay while you explore the Apalachicola River area, look no further.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo