“Pricey But Good”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Ohio
“Pricey But Good”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We haven't been to the Pink in years and while we enjoyed our meal and all (we ate downstairs) - I can safely say it will be awhile before we return. Nothing was bad or off (I did award a solid rating) - it's just that when at the Pink I feel like I'm at a less-than-casual hotel restaurant and not a local place. I admit that's a tad vague and I'm sorry for that. But if I want to go to a pub on Boca, I believe there are better choices.

We were quickly seated (downstairs) at a nice table with two two-person couches on either side. The ceiling downstairs is low and it's decidedly dark inside. The bar could be terrific but the actual design of the building works to block off many of the bar seats as large brick archways are in the way. The menu was good and I had a delicious fisherman's stew. The beer selection was a "B" but acceptable.

Service was good and we enjoyed ourselves. Prices were high ($116 for two including tip and four total drinks), even for pricey Boca Grande.

I just would select other places to go for a casual night of beers, sports on TV, and good food.

• Visited May 2014

Woodbury, Minnesota
“A jewel among few choices”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

If staying in Boca Grande and not wanting to drive far, if at all, there are not too many choices. We spent three nights there recently, and on the first, we used TripAdvisor and Pink Elephant was the numero uno. We were not disappointed. Food, service were both very good. In fact, the next evening, we walked around for almost an hour, looking at various menus posted at the nearby competitors and then walked back down to the Pink Elephant. The second night was just as good as the first, and may I highly recommend the unhealthy but absolutely delicious smoked brisket sandwich. I know that many might consider this a lunch item and not an evening entre at an upscale restaurant, but I might go back to Boca Grande just to get another one. My wife's grouper equally good. (But she tasted my brisket followed by an OMG!)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jim B
Sarasota, Florida
“Wonderful dining experience!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Ate here twice during our stay at the Inn. Service and menu are well above average. Casual dining at its finest - you can wear shorts and a nice shirt but enjoy an exceptional meal inside or out. wine list is great. Place has a great feel to it.

As an aside they missed a salad item we ordered and without us even asking the manager offered to comp dessert and truly thanked us for visiting. Great touch and well handled. I always say it is not about the mistake, it is the recovery that counts. will return again and again.

Visited April 2014
California
“Best food around”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This restaurant easily serves the best food around. We ate at restaurants on Cabbage Key, Captiva, and North Captiva, and the Pink Elephant was the best by far. It was also actually less expensive than some of the others, which was ironic considering how much better its food quality is.

It was also the ONLY restaurant that didn't use styrofoam, plastic, and other "terrible-for-our-world" plates and utensils. It was nice to see real glasses and plates! The fish tacos and ham/cheese pretzel sandwiches were absolute standouts. The fries were amazing.

The only negative is the location--no water views and there were semitrucks idling in the nearby parking lot during our entire lunch, which was noisy and did not make for a pleasant atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect for all occasions...”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Delicious food, been coming here for many years. The staff are great with children and the kids love coming here for an early dinner. For late nights, you cannot beat the bar -- current trends, generous pours and inventive mixology. You can eat outside (with gas heaters in the chilly months) or inside. Great fun. Great food.

• Visited March 2014