“Grouper was so fresh it was wiggling!”

Loose Caboose Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Boca Grande
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Favorite with locals and visitors alike, great sandwiches, dinners, homemade ice cream in a restored train depot. Friendly waitresses and great food. We have a large, outdoor, pet-friendly patio area for dining. Lunch served from 11 to 4:30 daily. We will be opening December 26th for dinners too. Dinner is served every night except Wednesdays from 6 to 9 pm
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Boca Grande and lunch at the Loose Caboose! The grouper had just come from the marina! I had a salad with grilled grouper and the others in my party had the fried grouper fingers with onion rings and cole slaw. Service was a bit slow because they were so busy. I will be going back before I go home.

Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

We ate here on the last day of our vacation. We sat outside and were given menus after asking for them. The restaurant was not that busy but the two servers looked very overwhelmed. Because we were there for so long I had time to watch others arrive. Many people found menus for themselves because the service was so slow. The sandwiches were fine and the grouper was good. We were very excited about the ice cream. I ordered key lime and could barely taste the flavor. Mom got peach and hers was also very bland. The Oreo shakes, strawberry, and coffee flavors were pretty good. The service throughout the meal was so slow it was painful. The food is overpriced too. Skip this one and take a lunch to the beach!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Myself & my family have all had the same experience...travel with some immodium, you'll need it! Can't even make it off island before it hits!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Appears to be a little unorganized as there is no one to check in with and no signs telling you just to sit where you want that we could readily see. Staff is nice, but it appeared they were either short staffed or didn't expect it to be this busy as the waitress was overwhelmed to a point that it effected prompt service and she had no time to be attentive. NOT her fault, though. She was hustling as fast as she could. The onion rings were ok . Did not appear to be hand battered. The sauce that came with them was delicious!!! The sliders were very good. Would definitely go back, but may question my returning depending on the crowd if in a rush or short on time. If nice weather, really nice to sit outside. No restrooms inside. We were given directions to walk around a building and so many doors down. With my mother being handicapped, this process was not convenient.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We spent the Memorial Day Monday on Boca Grande. The weather was perfect as was our lunch at the Loose Caboose. We sat outside and enjoyed the breeze and had a great lunch. I had the fresh grouper sandwich and my husband enjoyed the potato soup and turkey sandwich. Very fresh grouper!!
It was our second visit and it will not be our last!