“Gorgeous Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Houston, Texas
“Gorgeous Hotel”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Loved my trip at this hotel! The grounds are truly beautiful.
However, some of the hotel looks a bit dated and the boat to get to the beach can turn into a hassle. I much prefer a hotel that I can just step out and go to the beach

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Polish first
North East, United States
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Had a wonderful experience on a recent business trip with my wife. We had an amazing room in the Tower at the Boca Raton Resort. Great Food and Atmosphere. Highly Recommended Amazing Golf Course and Tennis Courts Easy Access to the Water via Canal.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Wellington, Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Our daughter had just graduated college and we decided to take her to the Boca Raton Resort to celebrate. Little did we know it will be an evening she will never forget! Upon arriving the valet quickly came to the car. We saw the beautiful Christmas tree and wanted a family picture. One of the valets Kevin came right over and offered to take several pictures. We then went into the lobby and were in awe of the decorations! We went to the restaurant 501 where we had reservations. The waiter congratulated her on graduating. We ordered an appetizer and drinks. It was excellent.
We then ordered our meals. The food came. One of our guests had to take a phone call and Mike who was the manager came over immediately and took his plate to keep it warm until he returned. He was constantly present monitoring his guests. He even came around mid dinner and asked if we needed anything else. Then there was an Asst. Mgr. Tom who came to our table and congratulated our daughter and took the time to ask her about her graduation. Not only is the food good, but the restaurant is well run and service oriented. Wait! It doesn't stop here! There is more! We wanted to go up to the 27th floor. It's called Cielo. It's all glass and overlooks Boca. Breathtaking! We tell Roberto the host its our daughters graduation! He seats us at an amazing table overlooking the ocean side. Juan tells us about the amazing desserts and we all order a different one. They were fabulous. Roberto came over and Congratulated our daughter and inquired how we liked them. He even spoke Italian to me! I was so excited because I never get to practice it! We were raving about the desserts and the Manager Amber brought out their Chef Christie and introduced her to us. We felt like Royalty! This is a night we were taken care of and my daughter was made to feel so special on such a special day! This is a place that you will want to frequent if you want a memorable experience! Michael Porco

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Whether I travel for business or leisure, a clean room is always #1 priority for me.I think that paying around 200USD per night for a room with ants and other little creatures is not worth.
Although the grounds were beautiful and the facilities were good, if the room where I am staying in is not clean, my whole stay is ruined. If you are staying in the main building prepare for outdated and dirty rooms and furniture. I have heard that the rooms in the tower were great though.
Also, providing an ice skating rink in an area where it's 25 degrees celsius in December is just odd and a waste of electricity. The rooms which were facing the rink were very noisy I've heard.

A big compliment to the person or team who have decorated the hotel for X-mas. It was lovely!

Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have just returned from Boca Raton for our annual sales conference and I was disappointed in the quality of the bedrooms. The main hotel is very dated once you get passed the main areas but the quality of the catering was excellent.

The conference facilities are fantastic for big groups and there is a nice rink at the moment which is very cool...

Top tips:

1) Don't book a bungalow unless you need a kitchen. You have to get a shuttle service and they only run every 10 mins so expect to be waiting around.
2) Miami airport is a good 1 hour drive away so pre book car service to save on taxi costs.
3) AC in hotel bedrooms is very old and very loud.
4) Join Hilton Honours before you go and you will get a token for free bottled water each night. Save $7 per night to spend on a beer in the bar!!

Room Tip: 349 was a decent sized room and far enough away from the noise of the lifts
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear PaulO4442,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am so sorry that you were not satisfied with your experience at the Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria. While I'm glad that you enjoyed the hotel and catering, I'm sorry that you did not receive better communication prior to know about the location of the bungalows. If you have a moment, please email me with the confirmation number from your stay, as well as your TripAdvisor username. I'd like to learn more about your experience and able to fix the air conditioner in your guest room to ensure future guests do not have the same problem.

Kelly Vohs
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This is a hard hotel for me to review as we had some VERY high points and some lower moments.
First off lets talk about the hotel itself. I am a architectural buff and anyone into architecture will be blown away! This place is a treasure. I often just wondered around the hotel and grounds looking at the details. I can't say enough about the historical value of this property and how much I enjoyed it.
The service was a bit up and down. It started with the in-house reservations team. We were not 100% sure what kind of suite we had and wanted to know about the suite before we arrived (there area a lot of options here). I found the reservations team to be a little snippy and unhelpful and even bordered on rude.
Check in was another high and low. Our check in agent was friendly enough, our room was not ready at check-in although we arrived to the hotel at 2:30pm. I am use to this at morning check-ins, but usually by mid afternoon the rooms should be ready for new guests. We didn't complain. We were told to go have lunch, wander a bit and when the room was ready they would ring us on our cell phone. We followed instructions. By 4:00pm we had had lunch, wandered and were ready to get into our room. So at 4:30pm I went back up to the desk. I was told our room had long been ready, yet nobody bothered to call us like we were promised.
We had a large two bedroom suite in the older section (the cloisters). The space was great. We had a separate bedroom and a sitting area. Oddly the bathroom was small, the spacious walk-in closest was bigger than the bathroom.
I found that room need a decorators touch. The furniture seemed a bit hotel warehouse and didn't have a lot of flair, plus the colors were drab. The room seemed a little worn and needed some art work and probably a few more pieces of furniture.
We enjoyed our stay. The remaining staff encounters were good. We liked the small touches like the chilled water with lemon in the lobby.
Would I stay here again? You bet! The historical value of this hotel is wonderful. They could use a little help in keeping the staff standards the same and I would like to see some upgrading the decor in the rooms. However they do try and this property is a Florida treasure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James S
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Disregard all the ridiculous negative comments about the this hotel including the most recent ones. This is a fantastic hotel. The property is beautiful, there is literally a picture spot every 20 steps- no kidding. The service was excellent from checking to check out. The bellman was great. The bungalow rooms are big, clean, nicely furnished and comfortable. The shuttle service was great didn't have to wait more than 15 minutes at any point. The breakfast buffets were excellent, Good selection and outstanding service. The water taxi back and forth from main hotel to the beach club was very good too, and a nice change of pace to a shuttle. The hotel has its own private beach access through the beach club property, and more pools than you have time to enjoy. For the kids - The Mizner's Quest activity is a great fun way to see the entire property. I would recommend this hotel to everyone, so grab a camera enjoy this beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: Boca bungalows give you the best value.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MiamiEd23
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
What an amazing review of our resort and a special thank you for sharing your experience. Our entire team was thrilled to read your remarks about the Mizner's Quest and all the amenities the resort has to offer. We are ecstatic you left our resort with a wonderful lifelong memory. Any pictures you snap we would love for you to share them we us on Instagram or Facebook.

Happy Holidays!

Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,328 reviews

Been to Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!