“The Staff is a Treat”

Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Just returned from this resort and I can recommend it although I do have some minor complaints.
Firstly, the resort is lovely and well maintained. It is also important to know that this is an extremely busy resort with multiple events/affairs going on at the same time. Despite this, the staff handles things quite well and are always eager to please. This was particularly noticeable with the valets who are running constantly.
Our room was slightly on the small side but we did not spend a great deal of time there so it was not a major concern of ours. If the size of the room is important to you, you should be aware of this.
The resort has a terrific golf course, great tennis courts, pools and the beach. The restaurants/bars/food are good to great and although on the slightly higher side price-wise, it was acceptable. I have seen other resorts price items a lot higher.
I would go back despite as I said minor complaints (one day our room was not made up). But to show you how accommodating the staff and management are, when I informed then of this, they apologized and reduced our bill generously.
This is not a cheap vacation but what I most liked about the Waldorf is they didn't gouge us on every item we needed once we were there. It made the difference for us.
So enjoy and have a drink at the Monkey Bar

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,550)

Reviewed 29 January 2014

As a business traveler it always amazes me that staying with a premiere brand for a hotel chain has resulted in a mediocre/average experience. I travel for my profession of producing corporate meetings for a living. That results in many hotel nights with multiple hotel chains.

More times than I can count the premiere brands deliver a very average experience.
Pulling up to the Boca Resort to check in was quite frankly, chaos, due to an event which I understand because I am in the event business.
What I don't understand is why is an hotel of this stature is not "over compensating" with additional staff?

The front desk experience was like dry toast. Zero "Aloha" as I would state. Not really showing me where to go for the shuttle to get to my room way on the backside of the property. Nor telling me it would be best to use my own car to drive back there as I had parking right in front of my bungalow. You know zero service informing me of the property other than "here's your map sir".

Further I hold some status with the Hilton chain, but upon entering my room I am given two "full beds" not even a queen, and it faced the temporary large grey air handler parked in the parking lot in front of my window. So much for a good nights sleep.
Really this is the Waldorf isn't it?

Now as I am here behest of a major corporation so I try to be as fair as possible. My experience in the ballrooms was more of the same. The setup & convention staff are typically polite, but that being said the overall sense of average service typically comes form the top. I just don't see why I would come here and spend my money to be overcharged for an average experience.
I have had a better experience at a Hampton Inn, or a Residence Inn.

The facility is very dated, and is need of a major refurbish. No pride nor desire to be better.
Personally spend your money else were unless you really do have it to burn.

3  Thank mehoover
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Had a great stay in bungalows. that will save you the $30 a day parking fee. there is a resort fee but that is normal. very clean and shuttle that will take you around. very close to downtown boca but not walking distance. there is an option of beach view might try that next time. we just had garden view nice but o rather pay more and see the water

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Classy historic structure that is well maintained by Waldorf (Hilton). Loved how historic rooms are maintained with photos of what they were like in 1920s. Good food at a price. Service and care is outstanding.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Recently returned from a 3 night stay at the Boca Raton Resort for a business conference. I hadn't been to this property in 30 years and apparently either has a good architect or interior designer. The public spaces are stale and dated. My room in the Cloister area was shockingly mediocre - small, dirty and with absolutely no view. It felt like a prison cell albeit at a minimum security prison. The hallway to my room was dismal - think drop ceilings, cheap decorative art and filthy carpets. Adding to the charm were giant fans dispersing the clear coat primer being applied to something nearby not to mention the lack of hot water one morning... that was a treat. RUN don't walk to the Breakers.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, head to the Beach Club. Though in good weather the pool is so mobbed as t...
3  Thank lag10021
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. We appreciate your honest feedback about our Cloister Rooms. It is true our traditional Cloister rooms do need some attention we just finished about 60 of the Cloister rooms and will be finish with the entire building late this summer. The new product is stunning and would love for you to come back to experience the true Boca experience. We strive to provide guests with surroundings that embody style and sophistication. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

All the best,

Kelly Vohs

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Over all this hotel and the staff are over the top! Our daughter had a wedding and our guests said it was the best wedding ever including food, staff and all other services. Wedding designer Jillian was amazing and The Boca by Design are incredible. Hat's off to the Chef and pastry chef.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

It's a beautiful hotel to look at. Years ago it was a very elegant place. Now, the service and attitude of the help really is disappointing. No wonder the place was empty. The food was just ok. The rooms were in need of repair, mine smelled musty, like it needed a good airing out.
Pass on this, save your money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank b h

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. We strive to provide personalized experiences for each of our guests, and are always actively looking for new ways to offer the finest in luxury accommodations and service. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings. Additional training will also be available to ensure our guests remain our top priority. We do have a number of areas and rooms that will be getting renovated this year. I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future to demonstrate our commitment to satisfaction in all areas of the guest experience.

All the best,