Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Old school charm brightened up!! Elegant, large with many special touches. We stayed in the Yacht Club building and had a small terrace. What a pleasure to sit outside with a glass of wine and imagine where those yachts have sailed!! I did not find the food impressive but everything else was very much top of the line. Not spectacular but still very good. Enjoy the ferry between the resort and the beach club. It's much nicer than the shuttle van. And do take a catamaran ride.

Overall, the property might be a wee bit too large but think of it as a lot to explore. And don't forget to visit the Beach Club, if only to have lunch by the ocean.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We just returned from a delightful conference at the Boca Raton Resort. Our room in the original Cloisters section had recently been remodeled and everything was to our liking. Check-in was smooth and we found the entire hotel staff to be most competent and cordial.

The hotel's Mediterranean Revival architecture was impressive and the grounds were immaculately maintained. During our visit, we had an opportunity to dine at a few of the resort's restaurants and found the food to be very good. The Wild Salmon Alaskan Burger at the 501 was particularly noteworthy.
My wife availed herself of the services of the Spa Palazzo at the resort and she was most adamant that it was the best message she had ever received anywhere. The Spa is beautiful and is rated by Conde Nast as the " #1 Top Spas in the World". I guess you get what you pay for but the published spa rates were pricey to begin with before the addition of an automatically applied 20% service charge which "is not a gratuity". A tip or gratuity may be left
at the guest’s discretion.

All in all we had a great time but the place is pricey. In addition to a substantial daily room rate, there is a daily $27 resort fee applied to each accommodation.

The only comment of a slightly negative nature concerns the inconsistency of knowledge and training noted among the mixologists, especially when the average cocktail is $12-15. Regretfully, one particular round of Martinis at the "Blue" bar will go down in infamy as the worst....... but in the big scheme of things it's not all that significant......just something the management of a top notch resort should be aware of.

On balance, a great facility where the service meets one's expectations for a 1st class resort .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently stayed here for a business trip. The hotel was clean and beautiful. The staff friendly. I was a little disappointed in the event catering staff - but the regular hotel staff was friendly and helpful. If you stay however, be sure to choose the main building and stay in one of the suites or nicer areas. The regular hotel rooms (which one of my partners stayed in) was rather unimpressive, cramped and small for the cost. I stayed in the Yacht Club suites which had a spectacular view, and beautiful furnishings and well worth the additional cost.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently stayed at this resort. They initially put me in a room in the main building which was extremely small and felt as old as the resort. I was then moved to the tower and what a difference! The historical charm of the main building is a nice change to most of the modern resorts these days, but I would avoid staying in one of the main building rooms unless you make sure you have an updated room and a nice view.

The grounds are landscaped very nicely and the boardwalk on the waterway is very cool...fun to look at all the large boats that are docked there.

I was there for a business meeting, so the only "dining room" meal I had was the main building for breakfast. It was great, but was not cheap (I believe it was $29 each)! Everything about this resort is pretty expensive, but I was expecting that.

I did play the golf course and it was very nice. Nice pro shop, good rental clubs, challenging course in great shape.

The main pool looked very nice and is situated right by the waterway next to the tower rooms.

The bars in the resort are very cool. Traditional dark wood, but have a lot of charm.

Room Tip: Opt for the rooms in the tower!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Room was luxurious. My stay was remarkable. Price is higher than any other but a very nice get away from reality. Grounds are beautiful. Concierge is incredible. Ocean is within walking distance. Ferry ride is nice.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My experience at the Waldorf in Boca Raton was completely memorable and among the best stays I have ever had in a hotel. The grounds were amazing, the food was top notch, and the treatment from staff was what you would expect and more from such a prestigious name in accommodations. The room was extremely comfortable and had a beautiful view of the garden, the linens were elegant, and my one "problem"; a non-working iron, was replaced without 3 minutes of calling. We enjoyed the historical architecture and the overall feel of the resort. My only regret was for some reason going out to experience Boca and not more of the resort. I never made it to the beach club (sad), but enjoyed the pool area, amazing meals at 501 East and Morimoto. I hope we are able to return and once again love our stay that we will talk about long after as we do now.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The staff here is First Class! Friendly and attend to every need. I stayed in one of the resort rooms which is older. Mine was clean but definitely older. The bed was very comfortable. The tub didn't drain. Bedside lamps didn't work but they did get fixed. Internet s l o w. These are only the negatives. The rest of my experience fabulous. The property is beautiful. I was here for a large conference and from my perspective the service, the food and experience at both the resort and Beach Club for a White Party dinner was amazing. Outside of business I did dine at Lucca, 501 East and lunch at Serendipity in the courtyard. Lucca is a Mediterranean restaurant. Their Burrata cheese appetizer is wonderful served over pesto and with tomatoes. Veal Masala was tender and delicious. 501 East is a more moderately priced restaurant and overlooks the golf course. There I had fish tacos. The Mahi Mahi a little dry and everything tasty. Serendipity has a bakery with to go meals but also serves lunch in their courtyard. There were 10 of us who ate there and salads and sandwiches very good. If I ever return I would request a more modern Tower Room.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower.
1  Thank WendyFederalWay_WA