“Beware Booking with Amex Travel”

Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
florida city
“Beware Booking with Amex Travel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I needed a break and reserved a 4 night stay on the Executive Yacht Club Level with all the perks through American Express Travel. When you check in you will be told you have reserved through Orbits. You will be given a lesser room over looking the air conditioners and told you have been "upgraded"! They will move you to another room on the 4th floor and the toilet will flood. You will be moved to another room on the 4th floor and given a pass to the spa. Spa access is included in the Executive Yacht Club Level, the level you are suppose to be in. When you go to extend your stay at the front desk they will refuse and make you extend your stay by phone to "Orbitz". They never acknowledge you are an American Express Travel client. On your 6th night at 10:30pm you will be called by the front desk and told you are not suppose to be in your room and you must leave immediately. In Florida if a hotel claims you are not a registered guest the police can remove you by force. American Express Travel did help in allowing me to stay my last night.How can a guest be treated like this? American Express Travel is a third party the vendor. Any hotel that delivers any kind of poor or inadequate service or rooms must agree to any kind of compensation. The Boca Raton Hotel knew that they would never have to anything for me since I reserved through American Express and they have not. A flooded room should be comp'd. A lesser room should have never happened and a threat of removal at 10:30 pm is unconscionable. BE AWARE THAT THIS HOTEL WILL NEVER COMPENSATE FOR DOWNGRADING OR TOILETS FLOODING OR THREATENING TO PUT YOU IN THE STREETS AT 10:30PM FOR THEIR ERROR IN OVERBOOKING AND NOT KNOWING WHO IS STILL CHECKED IN- JUST AWFUL...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank owhnn
Boca Raton R, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear you had such an unpleasant experience at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. I sincerely apologize for the lack of hospitality you received from our team. Your happiness is our most important objective. I am going to follow-up with you in a private message to discuss further.

Boca Raton Resort & Club

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (735)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Five star service – all staff I had contact with were excellent. No need to leave the property as there are multiple restaurants & activities. Sushi restaurant was excellent. Large conference center with anything you would want for a large conference. Some of the meeting rooms in the old main building smell musty. Excellent Spa – if you only have time for the Ritual Bath – try it as I’ve never seen in anywhere else. Highly recommended for a business conference.

Room Tip: tower - some other areas of hotel are under renovation
1 Thank LucyLu_Texas
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your meeting and your stay at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. It sounds like you got to experience several of our amenities while you were visiting. That's great! We can't wait to welcome you back to the resort soon.

All the best,
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just returned from a 2 day stay at the Boca Raton Resort where I attended a conference as my son and husband played. All I can say is amazing! The resort is absolutely beautiful in every way. The staff and service are exceptional. The view from the tower rooms are breathtaking. The grounds are extremely well attended and perfectly maintained. The food was very good -- sushi was some of the best I have ever had anywhere. The conference facilities were excellent even the conference food was better than most. My husband and son loved the pool, ice cream parlor, and treasure hunt. Really loved the way the resort perfectly blended old style 1920s romance with modern hotel flare.

Only problem was that since I was working, didn't really get to enjoy all the resort had to offer. Oh well, guess we now have to return so mommy can play too.

One note, this resort is not on the beach it is on the ICW. There is a beach component, but you have to take a water taxi, shuttle, or drive. So if beach front is important, that this is not the place for you.

2 Thank kathiewe
Boca Raton R, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am so glad your husband and son were able to enjoy all the amenities the resort has to offer for families. I do hope you wll able to come back when you are not working so you can enjoy as well!

United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We spent the night at the Boca Resort and at first we were in awe of the beautiful architecture and the Florida feel. Then we started to notice some things that really needed to be handled. The resort itself needs a person on staff to keep an eye out for trash, needed cleanups etc. Our tower room had a great view but the bathroom was very plain and it looked like it had not been painted behind the toilet which you could see from the shower. There were great toiletries. The walls were very thin. The front desk person was helpful but not overly so and not overly friendly. The cashier in the snack shop was very friendly and conversational. A mixed bag. It was good for one night but not for an extended stay.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Amach0000
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. While I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, I am so sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Your feedback is extremely helpful to us, as we are always working to improve the guset experience. I hope you will give the Boca Raton Resort & Club another chance.

Mobile, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I recently attended a conference at the Boca Resort and had an exceptional experience. The resort is beautiful and well maintained. We had a room on the 14th floor of the Towers and it was lovely and well kept. The housekeeping staff responded quickly and efficiently to our requests.
The view of the water was beautiful. We enjoyed the spa and the staff was excellent.
I have severe seafood allergies and the catering staff went well out of their way to ensure that I had no problems with the menu, substituting delicious dishes. At our final banquet, with both lobster and shrimp on the menu, one of our outstanding wait staff, Shekinah, went out of her way to ensure that my food was allergy free and still delicious. We were there over the Fourth of July and it was a delightful experience. We enjoyed cocktails and small plates at Bar Luna, a light lunch at Serendipity and had a delicious Sunday morning brunch at the Palm Court. Absolutely lovely 6 days. Thank you to all of the staff who made our stay such a delightful experience.

Room Tip: The Towers rooms have a lovely view of the water and are conveniently located to conference sessions...
1 Thank Patricia C
Dear Patricia,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I am so pleased to learn you enjoyed your recent stay at the Boca Raton Resort & Club, and that our team was able to accomodate your food allergy. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband had a conference at the Boca Resort and we had a wonderful time. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are spacious. The hotel is older and it seems they are constantly working to keep it at its best. We stayed in the Tower, on the 17th floor and had amazing views of the inter-coastal and firework shows throughout south Fl.

The beach resort area is nice, but it was a holiday weekend and they had the guests packed in on the beach. A little too close and crowded for me, but the staff was friendly and the beach and pool areas were nice. We headed back to the resort and found that the pool there was much less crowded.

We ate at 2 of the restaurants, Lucca and 501 East, both were very good. Food and drinks were a bit pricey, as was breakfast each morning, but it's to be expected at such a nice resort. Lunch by the pool was good too, as was the service.

The staff is excellent and they go out of their way to ensure the guest are happy.

Room Tip: Obviously the higher up you are, the better the views.
1 Thank tracyo6618
Dear Tracy,

Thank you for your comments. I am so happy you and your husband enjoyed your stay! I am sorry it was a little crowded during your stay with us. I hope it didn't affect your stay too much. I hope we will see you again soon!

kelly Vohs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The yacht club feels really historical. The rooms are large, clean and suitable to a 4or 5 star hotel. The restaurant at the top of the tower is so....oooo romantic (food was okay-but who notices when you are on cloud nine). The trip over to beach club was a waste because during a holiday weekend it was beyond crowded, noisy and a real mood breaker. Valet lost my keys.

Room Tip: Yacht club over looking docks was nice but rooms at beach club are newer and really nicer.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Dining at the blue is truly an unforgettable experience! I am sorry to hear about the beach club and your keys. I understand this must have been extremely frustrating. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future!

Boca Raton Resor & Club
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,298 reviews

Been to Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!