“Luxurious Stay”

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Coral Springs, Florida
“Luxurious Stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed for one night from Saturday to Sunday and were amazed by the beauty of this classic resort. Unlike some higher-end hotels that equate luxury with pretentiousness, the Boca Raton resort's staff were extremely warm and welcoming. As soon as we pulled up, we were welcomed by Joey at Valet, who escorted us to the front desk and shared some interesting history regarding the hotel to the Monkey Bar bartender who kept us going late into the night. The staff was courteous, friendly, and made our short stay extremely pleasurable.

Looking at different parts of the hotel:

Room- We stayed in the King Yacht Club Waterway view. The room was huge with a large walk in hallway, king bed area and separate sitting area. It was decorated with a classic feel similar to the The Plaza (NYC) or most other Waldorf Astorias. The bathroom was amazing with a huge mirror and marble counter, stand-alone shower, and separate soaking tub. The balcondy was large enough to comfortably sit outside and watch the many yachts and boats traveling on the inter-coastal. A nice touch was having a fan over the bed, which made the room very cool and comfortable at night. Two small complaints would be updating the 2nd television in the sitting area. It's an old, 27-inch RCA tube television (no high-def) and was hard to watch the World Cup (what did we do before high-def???!?!?). Secondly, though the bathroom is beautiful, the shower heads are from the mid-80's and could use an update. Would love one of the "rain" shower heads installed.

Restaurants & Bars
We had lunch at Morimoto's. If you like fresh sushi, this place is amazing. It doesn't have a full "Morimoto" menu, but what it does offer, delivers a flavorful punch. It is on the pricy side, but it does make up in taste and service. Definitely start with the edamame, which is lightly dusted in some form of smoked paprika or cumin.
We also spent time at Bar Luna, Monkey Bar, and the Blue. If you want an awesome view, grab a drink at The Blue, which is on top of the Yacht tower. You can see lights from all over Boca Raton, parts of Deerfield and you have a clear view of the ocean. Bar Luna is a gorgeous bar, but was dead each time we went in there. Monkey Bar was our favorite because of the atmosphere and staff. The bartender there is amazing and should not be missed.

Overall, we truly enjoyed ourselves because of the high quality and the warmth of the staff. You can truly tell these people take pride in what they do and truly enjoy being a part of the continued tradition/history of the Boca Raton establishment. We will definitely head back for another "Staycation" sometime in the near future.

Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: If you would like a modern style room, stay in the Yacht Tower or Beach Club. If you would like a m...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Drew9197
Boca Raton R, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Drew,

Thank you for your detailed feedback from your recent stay with us. It sounds like you had a relaxing staycation. I'm very sorry our televisions hindered your World Cup experience. I'm a soccer fan myself and definitely understand that this must have been frustrating. We look forward to seeing you again next time!

Boca Raton Resort & Club

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (764)
  • Polish first
Asheville, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel due to attending a wedding. The hotel is extremely nice. We had a room in the Yacht Club. Some of the furniture was starting to fall apart and not up to the hotels standards. Everything else was wonderful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

William,

Thank you for your review, and thank you for choosing to stay with us for the wedding. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay, but I'm disappointed to hear about the furniture you described. Thank you very much for letting us know. We are looking into this.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We got the chance to accompany good friends for a "stay-cation" here for a weekend. We felt like royalty when we pulled into the beautiful grounds and our car was swiftly emptied and we went to the lovely lobby!
Our room was in the tower, and overlooked the ocean/inter-coastal waters and alll the lovely boats that went by. Room was comfortable and spacious.
Beds were comfortable also.
Had the funnest time with the kids going around on a treasure hunt looking for rubber bands, and learning a lot about the history of each location as we went along!
All the kids and myself were also fanatics about looking at each women's room as one was more interesting and beautiful than the next. One was definitely a women's lounge, complete with nice couches in a sitting room. It had the original wood ceiling that is stunning.
We swam in the nice pool and enjoyed pool side treats. Ate a fabulous buffet breakfast in a lounge area. The choices were perfect, and the tastes delicious.
All in all a lovely time was had by both families!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Allioop123
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review! I'm thrilled to hear you and the family enjoyed your stay with us, and that you had the chance to do Mizner's Quest. When I vacation with my kids, I love doing activities we can all have fun with. I hope we'll be a part of your next staycation!

Tampa, FL
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This property is very large and the location is great. Nice to watch the yachts docked at the hotel.

I stayed at the hotel for a conference so that may have skewed my review a little as I didn't have time to check out many of the amenities. The property was a little too spread out for a conference (in my opinion) as rooms all were a 15 minute jaunt from the conference center. The conference center is really nice and well designed for a medium sized conference.

I was a little surprised at the front desk service, I expected Waldorf, excellent service. I arrived at around 4:30 and definitely expected my room to be ready but they had to search for one as they "were a little behind" that day. Upon checkout, I had to wait behind 15 people at check out. I had hoped there would be a HHonors line for Diamond members. There was a separate desk with two people standing around watching the many people waiting to both check in and out. I asked if they could help as I just needed to check out and they said no and went back to standing around.

It's a gorgeous old hotel and the shower and bathroom seemed updated but the couch and chair in my room were so outdated and worn, I didn't even want to sit on them.

The bed was super comfortable and fitted with the high end sheets always expected at a Waldorf property.

I didn't have time for room service.

I would stay here again as it is a lovely property with many restaurant and bar choices but it could a bit of updating and some staff training.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank rachel s
Rachel,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. I'm glad you had the opportunity to stay with us during your conference, and that you had a pleasant stay. I'm sorry to hear we did not exceed your expectations. Your review has raised some concerns about training, and we will definitely be working closely with the front desk team to ensure they are exceeding all guests' expectations. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back once again.

Ft Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Very surprised to find that this property is not pet friendly. They have a limitation on the size of your pet, which is understandable, however they charge a $125 non-refundable fee even if you have a little tiny dog. And they make you stay in only one certain area of the Hotel. If your room is somewhere else you're outta luck!

• Stayed July 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that our pet policy was an inconvenience. Unfortunately, regardless of the dog's size, we must deep clean any guest room that previously housed a pet. Many of our guests have dog allergies, so we must ensure that they will be comfortable. The fee you mentioned is a deep cleaning fee. I have a dog myself and do understand that making arrangements can be frustrating. I hope this didn't have too much of an impact on your stay. We would love to have you back again!

florida city
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I needed a break and reserved a 4 night stay on the Executive Yacht Club Level with all the perks through American Express Travel. When you check in you will be told you have reserved through Orbits. You will be given a lesser room over looking the air conditioners and told you have been "upgraded"! They will move you to another room on the 4th floor and the toilet will flood. You will be moved to another room on the 4th floor and given a pass to the spa. Spa access is included in the Executive Yacht Club Level, the level you are suppose to be in. When you go to extend your stay at the front desk they will refuse and make you extend your stay by phone to "Orbitz". They never acknowledge you are an American Express Travel client. On your 6th night at 10:30pm you will be called by the front desk and told you are not suppose to be in your room and you must leave immediately. In Florida if a hotel claims you are not a registered guest the police can remove you by force. American Express Travel did help in allowing me to stay my last night.How can a guest be treated like this? American Express Travel is a third party the vendor. Any hotel that delivers any kind of poor or inadequate service or rooms must agree to any kind of compensation. The Boca Raton Hotel knew that they would never have to anything for me since I reserved through American Express and they have not. A flooded room should be comp'd. A lesser room should have never happened and a threat of removal at 10:30 pm is unconscionable. BE AWARE THAT THIS HOTEL WILL NEVER COMPENSATE FOR DOWNGRADING OR TOILETS FLOODING OR THREATENING TO PUT YOU IN THE STREETS AT 10:30PM FOR THEIR ERROR IN OVERBOOKING AND NOT KNOWING WHO IS STILL CHECKED IN- JUST AWFUL...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank owhnn
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear you had such an unpleasant experience at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. I sincerely apologize for the lack of hospitality you received from our team. Your happiness is our most important objective. I am going to follow-up with you in a private message to discuss further.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Five star service – all staff I had contact with were excellent. No need to leave the property as there are multiple restaurants & activities. Sushi restaurant was excellent. Large conference center with anything you would want for a large conference. Some of the meeting rooms in the old main building smell musty. Excellent Spa – if you only have time for the Ritual Bath – try it as I’ve never seen in anywhere else. Highly recommended for a business conference.

Room Tip: tower - some other areas of hotel are under renovation
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LucyLu_Texas
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your meeting and your stay at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. It sounds like you got to experience several of our amenities while you were visiting. That's great! We can't wait to welcome you back to the resort soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boca Raton
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#9 of 27 in Boca Raton

Been to Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!