Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
  • Breakfast included
Ventura Resort(Boca Raton)
Ocean Lodge(Boca Raton)
View Hotel
Emerald Seas Resort(Deerfield Beach)
View Hotel
Berkshire Beach Club(Deerfield Beach)
3,612 results
All reviewsyacht clubcloister roomsmonkey bargolf coursetower roomjunior suitethe palm courtthe main hotelboca raton resortold worldgrounds are beautifulbar lunaboat shuttletennis courtsbusiness conferenceritual bathflow rider
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The staff was so accommodating and kind to our large (a family of 8) but young family. Our kids loved their stay, and our stay at the Boca Beach Resort was the highlight of our family vacation. The food was fantastic, and the value (due to the quality of food) made the high prices worth it. We would definitely recommend this hotel to our family and friends!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Boca Raton R, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. We love welcoming big families to our home! I hope we'll see you all again soon.

OK,
So this was my 4th stay at this hotel in sixteen years and it is a very nice property. This is the first sray since they became a Waldorf property and I was looking forward to getting a bit more value as a Hilton Diamond member and some points for the inflated price you pay there.

I stayed at the Boca Raton Resort & Club for an industry function and they get a rack rate that is OK, but it gets deceiving as follows:

Made the reservation five months in advance and I noticed if I called the hotel, the room prices were higher than the Hilton web site.

While confirming a week before showing up, the Hilton web site gave me up grade options and I chose two (and I was willing to pay for the upgrades). When I checked in, there was no upgrade, free or to be purchased for me and I am a Hilton Diamond member.

In fact, the only thing that you get for being a Hilton Diamond member is a free bottle of water (A deal when they charge you $7.00 a bottle everywhere else in the hotel).

My Hilton profile states a high floor and far from an elevator as possible, so what did I get? 7th floor in a twenty plus floor tower next to an elevator. I asked for a room with a pull out Sofa for my kid when I reserved my room five months prior–it did not happen.

Resort fee of $27.00/day & $18.00/day for parking and I could deal with that if they had not lost my car making me late for a 7:30AM meeting.

Then we get the $18.00 burger at the pool and the only comment I have is "Where’s the Beef"? The $10.00 hot dog was not bad for a five dollar hot dog in an up-scale restaurant.

Don't expect a free breakfast or cup of coffee being a Hilton Honors Member as the continental breakfast will set you back $70.00 plus tip for three people.

I remember being at a reception with a cash bar and they charged $2.00 for a glass of Coke and $7.00 for a small bottle of water. I have been doing trade meetings for twenty –years two or three times a year and never been charged for a soft drink at a catered hotel dinner until the Boca Raton Resort & Club and that is compared to the Ritz Carlton and other upscale chains & Waldorf Astoria brands.

This is a very nice & unique property, but it has become more mainstream and lost its “Really Unique” character that made it very special. I can only compare the Boca Raton Resort & Club to a cruise ship for their ability to gouge you to death on everything they can and watch those $10.00's and $20.00's fly out of your wallet for very little to no value in return

Take a bag of cash if you stay there and it helps if you like parting with your money.

Room Tip: The main building has been around for some time and the rooms are small. The beach side is more modern and has the beach. The tower is OK, but the rooms now look like an average Hilton in decor-nothing special, but the rooms are larger.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank jodythecat
Boca Raton R, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your experience at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. I absolutely understand your concerns regarding pricing and HHonors benefits. We are constantly working to better the guest experience, so this feedback is extremely valuable to us. I am going to follow up with you in a private message.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

what a superb hotel and it keeps getting better with every stay. I don't know what they have done but the guest service has become so much better over the years. when arriving at the hotel always try to get the upgrades they usually have rooms available for it. visit the beach club the pool area and bar are beautiful its also beach front with sundials beds, etc. before I even got to I was contacted by concierge this is the time to request anything you want before you get to the hotel. they have everything waiting for you when you arrive. I had contact with the most professional employee Ive ever meet. driving up to the front I was meted by Dustin from concierge.
everything I had asked for was waiting he also stayed with me till check in. to mention some of the amazing employees Sarita from front desk, rosemary in room service. the only negative I could say was the DJ in the palm court must have changed. Ive stayed there before and he was much better before. also the music wasn't that good either. he use to have his booth in the court now its like hidden in the corner at the bar. it was a great stay however and I will go aback again and again as long as the service keeps getting better.

Room Tip: Yacht club has great views and is set up really nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am ecstatic to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt our service was even better this time around. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is one of our favorite hotels because it has all the ingredients to make your vacation a memorable one. The scenery, restaurants, facilities and the friendly staff. We keep coming back every year.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I'm so glad to hear you had such a pleasant stay at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. We are honored that you have kept coming back to our resort year after year. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year!

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

When I arrived for a short stay for a business presentation, I was a shaggy mess. And unfortunately, the resort salon was closed for renovations. Thankfully, zullyma came to my rescue and made me a last minute reservation for shortly before my talk. Thanks mostly to my new haircut, the audience loved the speech.

Beyond my new haircut, the room was on small side but was well appointed and in room breakfast was fresh and exquisite. The resort is a splurge but was well worth it. Did I mention the haircut?

• Stayed: August 2014

David,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm so glad we were able to get you an appointment at the last minute before your presentation. It sounds like it went well! We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.