“Dissappointing”

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Los Angeles, United States
“Dissappointing”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Service personal were indifferent or worse. When we checked in they didn't bother to tell us accurately how to get to our room. We asked for water when we got our car from the valet and were told that the water was for joggers only. We were very disappointed and will not return.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

2 Thank Mark Z
Boca Raton R, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Mark,

Thank you for your comments. I am disappointed to hear about your experience at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. I understand that when traveling to a new place, a proper welcome is not only expected, but deserved. I so sorry about the water incident as well. This is definitely a trianing opportunity for our team. I hope you will give the resort another chance in the future.

Boca Raton Resort & Club

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (764)
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Fun place. Lots to do with a spa, beach, pools, and restaurants. Just was dissatisfied that they add service charges, resort fees and really high valet charges. This really increases the cost of your stay!

• Stayed August 2014
Karen,

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you had a nice experience at the Boca Raton Resort! Thank you for your feedback regarding pricing. We are always working to better the guest experience and to communicate our processes better. This is extremely valuable feedback. I do hope we will see you at the resort again in the future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here in mid-August, not the best time for Florida weather, but we wanted a splurge and splurge we did.

As newbies we were a little unsure of the lay of the land, and proceeded to the main historic hotel to check in, only to be told by the gatekeeper that we were in fact had reservations for the beach club. I'm glad we did. While the older hotel is beautiful, with many great restaurants and amazing architecture, we enjoyed being on the beach-side.

Our room was well-appointed and very spacious. Bath, double shower with a rain shower head and option hand-held. In fact the bathroom featured two rooms, so plenty of space. The beds are incredibly comfy and plenty of snacks and drinks in the refrigerator (albeit pricey, we brought our own).

The main area is light and airy with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Atlantic. Great views from SeaGrille restaurant which is the only restaurant at this building (it also serves as the breakfast restaurant each morning). The pool area (there are three here) is very accessible (a minute from our room) and then onward across boardwalks to the expansive beach.

Never a race for poolside or beach beds, if you get there before 10.30ish. At that point there seems to be an influx of folks from the main hotel via shuttle. Even then, the pool attendants are great and will gladly help out with bed arrangements and umbrellas. We did find the pool areas a little noisy, either kids or music, but to be expected.

The food. Wow. We ate three nights at the hotel: Seagrille, Lucca and 501 East (check out the bar with views of the golf course before you dine), All were excellent. Portions are more than ample, and had we stayed longer we'd have cut down our orders to one appetizer between us and two entrees. At Lucca, you have the option of ordering a large or smaller pasta dish. small IMO was enough, order large and you get into family-size dining.

It's not cheap, no way around it. Dining included. But we felt that the quality, range and service all reflected that so we weren't disgruntled. The only option is valet parking too, that's $30 day right there!!!

The bar prices, also, were problematic. Expect to pay anywhere between $13-$60 for liquor. They seemed to run out of popular (and cheaper) drinks too, which got a little tedious after a while. Oh, and don't forget to check out the bar at the top of the tower for great views across Boca, intracoastal and out to sea.

Can't recommend enough, the service was excellent throughout, even the shuttle drivers who ferry you between the two locations were fun and always happy to help or just chat.

if you're looking to splurge - this is where to do it!

Room Tip: Ask for a direct sea-view room if you're staying at the ocean club. Others overlook the intracoa...
1 Thank CaronBee
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your detailed comments. I'm so happy to hear you had such an enjoyable experience with us. I sincerely hope we will see you at the Boca Raton Resort & Club again soon!

Boca Raton
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Brett Woods of Boca By Design did all the decor and florals for my wedding and it was beyond amazing! When he walked me in to see the room for the first time that's the moment I became emotional because it truly was MY dream come true and it could not have been more perfect or any more fabulous than it was. How he took exactly what I articulated and made it happen was beyond astonishing! 1 month later people are still talking about how fabulous my florals were, that it was the best wedding decor they had ever seen, even the staff said it was their favorite and how the room smelled so fabulous of flowers. Brett is SO incredibly lovely to work with and so easy to talk to. He completely got me:) I feel so blessed that I had the opportunity to work with him and I am so grateful and lucky he was my choice- I couldn't be happier. Please don't assume because it's the Waldorf it will be pricy because it was so very reasonable. Thank you Brett Woods and everyone at Boca by Design for my dream wedding a reality.

Room Tip: yacht club had fabulous views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharon,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. Brett is very talented and we feel lucky to have him on our team. I'm thrilled to hear that your dreams became a reality at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from an amazing stay at this resort. The moment we walked into the lobby we were warmly greeted by the Front Desk and bellmen. We arrived early and our room wasn't ready but without hesitation they offered us a pass to access to all of the resort's amenities and a few complimentary drink coupons. Our room was ready shortly thereafter and a very accommodating bellman (unfortunately cannot remember his name, possible Matthew or Michael?) helped us to our room. Not only were we upgraded to a junior suite but the bellman had a bottle of champagne and fruit basket sent to our room for our anniversary! Another night during our stay there was a long wait for a taxi. My husband and I were waiting about 20 minutes for our taxi when the Front Office Manager, Stephanie Lopez, offered to personally drive us to our restaurant. I cannot express enough how wonderful our stay was at the resort. Every staff member went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. We certainly plan to return to this property in the future!

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your positive feedback, and thank you for choosing to spend this special occasion with us. I am so happy to hear you found our team to be helpful and accommodating. I hope we will see you again soon!

Norwich, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had the pleasure of attending a Ballroom Competition at the Waldorf Astoria in Boca Raton and it was a dream-like experience! The grounds are beautiful, our room in the Towers was perfect (views and lovely decor and facilities) and all the restaurants and shops and pool AND the magnificent Ballroom made it an amazing experience. The staff was like the most dear family ever!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Boca Raton Resort & Club for the ballroom dance competition. It sounds like you had a great experience! I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

To be sure, the property is nice. The location and surroundings are beautiful, and you more than likely find something to do. The property is also sprawling with miles between pools, marinas, and beaches that require a shuttle van or boat to take you where you want to go. The shuttle experience can be exhausting...I can't imagine what the experience might have been like with several small children. And while there are maps provided at check-in, there are no real signs or directions on where to go. Thankfully there is a real-time shuttle map. What really struck me about this property is that while it says it's a "luxury" property, it felt more like a 3 star hotel. If you can get this hotel at a very reasonable price, then I recommend it. If you over pay for your stay, you're going to be disappointed. A little gem I discovered just off the property is a place called the Tin Muffin, which has some of the best food I have ever eaten. Try it!

Room Tip: The bungalows are away from the main resort and are great for large families. The building and pool...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Boca Raton R, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your experience at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. We strive to provide each and every guest with an unforgettable experience, and I am terribly sorry we were unable to do this for you. Thank you for your comments regarding signage. This is extremely valuable feedback. I sincerely hope you will give the Boca Raton Resort & Club another chance in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boca Raton
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#9 of 27 in Boca Raton

Been to Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!