“Great place but everything's expensive!”

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed 28 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed two nights on a trip to Miami with some friends. The resort itself was good - nice pools, good beach, great food, excellent location and the service you'd expect when paying this much. But good grief everything is expensive! Breakfast is extortionate, water in the rooms is ridiculously priced, the beach is quite crowded and you have to pay for using a lot of the extra facilities.
The bus to the beach is easy and not a problem.
Top tip for staying here, enjoy the facilities, stay in the cheaper rooms where you take a bus to the main resort (it's a 5min walk if you don't want to wait and it's closer to the beach) and go for breakfast and dinner in the nice little leisure complex down the road!

• Stayed: March 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,234)

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I returned to the Boca Beach Club, and as always, found the service to be exceptional. The Sea Grille restaurant's food was superb. The service was excellent. All the staff made me feel very special, and treated me with the utmost respect. While at the pool area, I ordered from the menu, and again, the food was excellent - fresh, tasty, and well presented. Fritz, at the bar, made my day. The food and beverage managers appeared to be hard working, checking on the staff, checking on the guests...I was very impressed. I have travelled to many countries, and stayed at many hotels and resorts, but have never come across the standards that I saw while at the Boca beach Club. The rooms are also beautiful, the bathrooms are devine. Luxuary at it's finest! I highly reccomend this hotel, not only for the ambiance, but, also for the quality of food and service throught the entire resort.

Room Tip: Ocean Vista.
2  Thank lcastillo
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We had a great experience at the Boca Beach Club. I decided to book our family vacation at Boca after reading the review of the beach club by the NYTimes.

We booked a room on the ground floor, by the pool. The room was great for us, as we had our 2 year old with us, and we could put him down for bed at night, and then sit outside on our patio and have room service delivered there. The hotel provided a crib for us, and sweet blankets and travel sized baby lotions, soaps, etc.

The beach access is easy, and toddler friendly. The beach concierge helped us with an umbrella ($19 a day - very worth it) and beach toys everyday. My son loved going to the Kids' club room for an hour in the morning (they let us bring him in to play, since he was too young for the programs). He also loved the beach, the pool, and exploring the property.

We plan to return to the Boca Beach Club on another family vacation - and we all look forward to it. The only downside we found to this property is that Friday-Sunday, it is very very full, and I think that would have been overwhelming for our toddler. Fortunately, we arrived on Sunday evening, as the crowds were leaving, and we left Friday morning, as the crowds were arriving.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed at the Boca Beach Club on Fathers Day and was immediately greeted with a warm smile and beautiful atmosphere. I was blown away by the beauty of this hotel and more importantly the helpful man with glasses at the Front Desk, I believe his name was Mike. He went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and even upgraded us to a nicer room. The breakfast was grade A and the rooms were clean, crisp, and comfortable. I can't wait to come back to the Beach Club!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kayla D
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This beachfront hotel is great. Rooms are very nicely decorated and clean, restaurants both poolside and in the lobby were delicious, and I appreciated the staff being so grateful when we gave them a tip. 2 drawbacks- it's a bit noisy- you can hear people talking if they are walking past your room and when we had dinner out on the terrace , it was so beautiful and calming hearing the waves crashing on the beach but, the club music that they were playing didn't seem to fit in.
With that being said, I would most definitely go back again!!

Room Tip: request a room that overlooks the adult pool. It is a bit noisy overlooking the kids pool.
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Travel dates: 10th - 15th June 2012
Room Type: Sky Deck

Room:
Great room and bathroom. 2 Double beds were very comfortable. Room was very spacious and had a large terrace/balcony. On terrace/balcony it got really hot so we couldn't sit there as much as we would have liked. Shame that no shadow options were available. Housekeeping was very friendly, polite and delivered a great service.

Food:
We had a couple of times lunch at the beach club bar (forgot the name). Food down there was tasty and priced well.
You want to stay away from the breakfast tho! Not worth the money. I have stayed in different Hilton hotels in the United Kingdom and the food compared to the Hiltons is just a pile of rubbish, also very price (just under $30 per person with no great choice)!!! My partner and me had both an omelette and it was a shame to see that the omelette was not made freshly by the chef (I mean the chef did not break the egg freshly but had a whole load of eggs in a tub ready). I wonder what health and safety issues this brings with it when the eggs are presented like that for some time especially with the heat?!!! Its just not something you want to see in a Waldorf!
On the last night we had in the same place dinner. Fish was really tasty and price wise it was fine as well, shame that the fries were a bit soggy.

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR receipts from the restaurants as on our final hotel bill I have found different amounts than I have signed in first place.

Fitness
AMAZING! Totally loved it. If you go in the evening at about 9pm you will be the only person and can have a great time.
Hotel Management- please change the music as it was dreadful!

Pool/ Beach

Pool area and beach are very nice. Enjoyed some nice sun bathing sessions. On our arrival day on the 10th June the hotel was packed and the pool seemed like anthill (haha). Avoid weekends if you want to have a quiet escape as it gets busy with many children running around!

To sum up, had a great time, was a nice hotel and would defiantly come back!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed at the Boca Beach Club in May 2012 for a wedding. From first glance this hotel is beautiful! Our room was on the 5th floor overlooking the ocean and the spectacular view. The adult pool was clean and quiet. Jonathon (JP) helped us from the minute we arrived. He gave us a tour of the pools and beach and checked back with us day after day to be sure everything was going smooth. The staff was all wonderful and remembered us and checked in every time they saw us. With access to the rest of the Waldorf Boca Raton resort the trip was perfect. Great restaurants and options throughout. This was our once in a lifetime trip and we loved every minute of it!

Room Tip: The higher levels on the ocean side will give a better view because they are above the palm trees!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor about your relaxing stay at the Boca Beach Club. I appreciate your kind remarks about the staff and Jonathan and will be sure to pass them along. They will be happy to know you were pleased with the service provided. But most important, I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your overall stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sean Clancy

#7 of 27 in Boca Raton
Hilton Boca Raton Suites
Hilton Boca Raton Suites
#10 of 27 in Boca Raton

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!