“Loved My Stay”

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had two weekend Hilton certificates expiring July 15th and I feel like I was clearly on the best end of this stay. I used them July 12th for one night two rooms (putting my son and his g/f in the second room- king, my daughter and I in another - double). Had I know I would love this place so much, I should have stayed two nights and put us all in one room.

Check in was right at the Boca Beach Club (no need to get on any type of shuttle - that was my assumption when reading reviews). We never even went over to the other facility as it was just too short of time. There aren't many balconies at this resort and those balcony rooms are very low so you do not have the view. The rooms on higher floors have the cleanest floor to ceiling windows giving you an unbelievable view. As a Hilton Gold, we were upgraded to ocean view rooms. My sons room also viewed the pool and ocean, mine the ocean and the rooftop of some unknown facility. Still gorgeous. There is a sliding door with glass/bar across so you don't fall out, but it allows you to enjoy some of the ocean breeze, without the balcony part. Just lovely. The bathroom was incredible. Big soaking bathtub then a separate area with toilet, scale and another separate stand up huge overhead shower. Amenities/product were very nice. Very foo foo - not conditioner but hair moisturizer. :)

We brought a couple of bottles of wine, my son's room had plenty of seating around a table so we played cards that night, watching the moon rise. So gorgeous and enjoyable. Checkout was 11, but as a Gold I asked if we could depart at 1 which was approved, but at the pool Sunday morning it started pouring at 11:30 , so we checked out of by noon.

With the resort fee, most everything is included, including bellhop service. The bellhop actually "tried" to say no to his tip, eventually took it. But they really do not have their hand out like so many other hotel workers. Odd, but true. The resort fee is waived if using points/certificates. so WOW, is all I can say.

Besides bellhop service included, so was chairs/umbrellas on the beach and/or around pool. flavored water at pool and in hotel set up. Coffee in room, coffee was available at hotel bar in the morning for $. We received four welcome drinks (wine/beer/well drinks - but we used for soda the day we were leaving). internet was also included. Parking is about $30 with in/out service. We actually drove over to Mizner Park for dinner which was nearby with tons of restaurants/shops, etc. Lunch came to $86 at the pool restaurant (four sandwiches + four sodas + tip/tax). pricey but I have to say, we all said it was the yummiest, freshest sandwiches we ever had at a hotel. So overall, with lunch, parking, a pina colada and a few tips here and there, it was a great deal and the staff could not have been any more giving.

The beach was so incredibly clean, the water was beautiful and warm and we really enjoyed swimming and floating around chatting in the water. It was peaceful. The pool was much more busy, they have three pools. We stayed in the one with less children. All pools were very clean. On weekends there is a complimentary water aerobics class for an hour. Very well attended and a great instructor.

Remember, its Boca. There is a lot of silicon walking around in skimpy swimsuits if you know what I mean. That and a lot of older Jewish New York transplants and/or vacationers. I'm a New Yorker myself, gone for a long time. I enjoyed hearing my native accent so much.

Kudos to all the staff there, terrific. Whenever I get a weekend certificate, I know where I'm going to use it. If I ever win the lotto, I'm moving to Boca and will just join the boca beach club.

Shout out to Richard Hess, the Front Office manager who was incredibly helpful and nice to me and my family. Thanks for the ocean view rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank trekker954
Boca Raton R, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your detailed feedback! I am so happy to hear you and your family had such a pleasant experience at the Boca Beach Club! I only wish you had been able to stay longer. Thank you for remembering Richard for your review. He is such an asset to our team. We hope we will see you again for another staycation!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

For anyone believing that South Florida is worthy only of a winter time visit...quickly forget this notion! The Boca Beach Club is probably one of the best properties we have ever visited and it is the summer and living is easy. Gorgeous, stunning really in every aspect. Beach is pristine, rooms are spectacular with every detail thought of and food and beverage consistent. Staff excels and in this regard can compliment Lucas and Stacy who upgraded us without any question or even asking. We are however Gold with Hilton. It should be noted that we usually ask for NO connecting doors. This does not exist at this property. There are TWO doors, but they are not into the bedrooms just two doors to two separate rooms....also, the balcony is on a low floor and there are only a few and it is not necessary at all. You must see to understand what I mean and they explained this to us patiently and were quite correct. We were on a 6th Floor room with direct ocean views. Really lovely. Now to put this property in South Florida into money values...we live in Italy....at this time of the year, you would travel to Spain, Greece or stay in Italy and go to the beach at Forte dei Marmi...where a hotel like this...which would be the Imperiale would cost about 700 EUROS per night!! We feel for the quality and what you get during the summer months...and you can get quite a good deal on Hilton's site that includes parking and breakfast and even a late checkout...this hotel is a steal!! People write that it is pricey but until you have seen what other places get you do not realize how special and wonderful South Florida and in particular this resort of Boca Beach Club and Waldorf Astoria Resort is. There is a shuttle to the main resort, several restaurants in both hotels and a water taxi that operates until about 5:45 in the afternoon. The resort charge includes two chairs, umbrella and towels. We loved our stay and are planning another one as soon as we can before heading back to Italy. We know so many Italians visiting states during summer because of the favorable Euros to Dollar rate...but I think a relaxing stay at the conclusion would be a wonderful thing to do. This hotel is so well run....it shows in every aspect. Kudos also to Robert, head bellcaptain and formerly of the Breakers in Palm Beach. Also Angelica our server in the Grille, lovely and personable.

Room Tip: rooms above 4th floor to avoid palms in front blocking view of ocean
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rtdFirenze_Italy
Boca Raton R, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am ecstatic to learn that you enjoyed your experience here at the Boca Beach Club! It sounds like you had the opportunity to enjoy many of our amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Fabulous hotel. Wonderful remodel with modern feel and tons of good light. To a person, the staff is unbelievably good--never obsequious, always available, always pleasant, always helpful. Staff is noticeably better than the staff at some 5-star hotels I've stayed in.

Be sure to eat at the Sea Grille. I ate there twice, could easily eat their every day. Yes food is very fresh and good and very well prepared, yes view from outside deck is excellent, but I'd come back for the service. We are entering an era where service counts as much as the food. Here, the whole team functions really, really well. But I had one true five-star server, Julianna. Some servers have the touch that makes a meal truly special, that quickly moves a new guest to the place where everything will be better than good. And Julianna has it. Julianna got 5 stars, Kara 4.8, which ain't bad either, but she is new at this restaurant.

We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the Boca Beach Club, and that you found our team to be helpful and attentive. Thank you for remembering Julianna and Kara for your review. We are so lucky to have them on our team. We hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Within two hours of our one week family vacation (2 teens) my husband and I couldn't believe how wonderful EVERYTHING about this resort was and how thrilled we were to be staying here. From our check-in and the professional, yet warm, staff working at the Front Desk area, where Manager Staci greeted us, to the immaculate Lobby and Ocean Club Lounge and up to our spacious Oceanview King Suite.
The property is magnificent-pictures don't do it justice! Housekeeping comes twice a day(Marie was very sweet). The pool and private beach areas are just beautiful, with employees everywhere(but non-intrusive at the same time) outdoing themselves for the comfort and pleasure of all guests. Supervisor Maurice was pleasantly surprised when I
asked to speak with him, because his crew was beyond impressive, especially under the extreme heat. All food from outside and inside locations is delicious and the servers are most kind.
The "boardwalks" leading to the steps for beach access are great. They are roomy enough to stand for a few minutes and look out at the ocean, watching the boats coming in and out of the inlet, just off to the side.
Our vacation was so relaxing.

I booked a return visit prior to leaving for the airport! I've never met friendlier resort staff, more efficient resort staff, nor kinder, generous of time and desire to make sure your stay with feels like home-natural and soothing, yet special and worry-free, all at once.
Danielle, Boca Beach Club's Manager is out and about, available to speak with and stopping to say 'hello' as she is taking care of her business matters.
We aren't locals, but, have been coming to Boca regularly for 22 yrs now, staying at a house that is no longer part of the family. Boca has been our family's second home for that many years and we love being down here.
We left our vacation knowing that the Boca Beach Club is absolutely THE BEST OF BOCA! As you can tell, we are most impressed. Many people are, though, my travel agent recommended this property for our vacation, she has vacationed here several times with her family.
Class act all the way. From the staff to every little "thing" that keeps this beautiful resort
running. Thank you to all, at Boca Beach Club, you won our hearts.✈️ ‼️‼️

• Stayed: July 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so very much for your positive feedback! I am so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our team to be friendly and attentive! We are so glad to be a part of your home away from home. I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I've stayed at the Boca Beach Club several times. It's a very good beach front hotel with very good kids facilities. I would recommend a beachfront room, I like the ones with the extra deep terraces, I do not like the ones that don't have terraces. I don't love the restaurants but the Japanese is pretty good. Better to have a car and dine elsewhere. Beautiful long deep beach. Many many kids and a serious Long Island crowd at all times but especially during holidays when people flock down to visit the grandparents.

• Stayed: February 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments, and thank you for your loyalty to the Boca Beach Club! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you liked dining at Morimoto! I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I just got back from a trip with my mother, who is a diamond member. It was my birthday, and the general manager had upgraded us upon request in an earlier email. Upon arrival we were greeted by the valet and front desk team, both were very nice. We were double upgraded to a beautiful room with a lanai over looking the ocean. Our bellman(can't remember his name) was wonderful. Our room was spacious, very clean and we were treated to a complimentary bottle of champagne after our arrival with a card addressed to both of us. The pool and beach were amazing! Dana, my waitress on the ocean was wonderful. The staff setting up the chairs and towels were very hard working and very friendly. We can't wait to return! Thanks to everyone there for making my birthday and short vacation a wonderful time!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for choosing the Boca Beach Club for this special occasion! I'm so happy you had a fun birthday. We love celebrating with our guests! We are so thankful for your mother's loyalty to the Hilton brand. I hope we will be welcoming you both back again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This is my second time to try the chain , I've stayed at the resort and now the club. They don't fail to surprise me with the quality of service provided.
They even have a personal msg service to accommodate all your needs.

Loved every day I spent & will sure come back!

Rooms were spacious, got an ocean view upgrade and I was so grateful for!
Food was yummy and I can't recall anything that was bad.

• Stayed: June 2014
Boca Raton R, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us yet again. I hope we will see you a third time!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boca Raton
Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#10 of 27 in Boca Raton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!