I had two weekend Hilton certificates expiring July 15th and I feel like I was clearly on the best end of this stay. I used them July 12th for one night two rooms (putting my son and his g/f in the second room- king, my daughter and I in another - double). Had I know I would love this place so much, I should have stayed two nights and put us all in one room.
Check in was right at the Boca Beach Club (no need to get on any type of shuttle - that was my assumption when reading reviews). We never even went over to the other facility as it was just too short of time. There aren't many balconies at this resort and those balcony rooms are very low so you do not have the view. The rooms on higher floors have the cleanest floor to ceiling windows giving you an unbelievable view. As a Hilton Gold, we were upgraded to ocean view rooms. My sons room also viewed the pool and ocean, mine the ocean and the rooftop of some unknown facility. Still gorgeous. There is a sliding door with glass/bar across so you don't fall out, but it allows you to enjoy some of the ocean breeze, without the balcony part. Just lovely. The bathroom was incredible. Big soaking bathtub then a separate area with toilet, scale and another separate stand up huge overhead shower. Amenities/product were very nice. Very foo foo - not conditioner but hair moisturizer. :)
We brought a couple of bottles of wine, my son's room had plenty of seating around a table so we played cards that night, watching the moon rise. So gorgeous and enjoyable. Checkout was 11, but as a Gold I asked if we could depart at 1 which was approved, but at the pool Sunday morning it started pouring at 11:30 , so we checked out of by noon.
With the resort fee, most everything is included, including bellhop service. The bellhop actually "tried" to say no to his tip, eventually took it. But they really do not have their hand out like so many other hotel workers. Odd, but true. The resort fee is waived if using points/certificates. so WOW, is all I can say.
Besides bellhop service included, so was chairs/umbrellas on the beach and/or around pool. flavored water at pool and in hotel set up. Coffee in room, coffee was available at hotel bar in the morning for $. We received four welcome drinks (wine/beer/well drinks - but we used for soda the day we were leaving). internet was also included. Parking is about $30 with in/out service. We actually drove over to Mizner Park for dinner which was nearby with tons of restaurants/shops, etc. Lunch came to $86 at the pool restaurant (four sandwiches + four sodas + tip/tax). pricey but I have to say, we all said it was the yummiest, freshest sandwiches we ever had at a hotel. So overall, with lunch, parking, a pina colada and a few tips here and there, it was a great deal and the staff could not have been any more giving.
The beach was so incredibly clean, the water was beautiful and warm and we really enjoyed swimming and floating around chatting in the water. It was peaceful. The pool was much more busy, they have three pools. We stayed in the one with less children. All pools were very clean. On weekends there is a complimentary water aerobics class for an hour. Very well attended and a great instructor.
Remember, its Boca. There is a lot of silicon walking around in skimpy swimsuits if you know what I mean. That and a lot of older Jewish New York transplants and/or vacationers. I'm a New Yorker myself, gone for a long time. I enjoyed hearing my native accent so much.
Kudos to all the staff there, terrific. Whenever I get a weekend certificate, I know where I'm going to use it. If I ever win the lotto, I'm moving to Boca and will just join the boca beach club.
Shout out to Richard Hess, the Front Office manager who was incredibly helpful and nice to me and my family. Thanks for the ocean view rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the elegantly restyled The Beach Club - a completely refurbished Boca Raton beach hotel, providing ideal access to the water. Enjoy the stunning views of the rolling waves of the Atlantic Ocean. Stroll along the white-sand shores. Just a short shuttle ride from the renowned Boca Raton Resort & Club, this oceanfront property shares all the luxurious amenities and activities with the Resort, offering endless choices for recreation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boca Beach Club, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Boca Raton
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Boca Raton, Florida