“Nothing wrong with this place ... however nothing special either”

Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 832 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Price range: US$16 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Rocco's Tacos offers a true taste of Mexico within a fun casual environment. When you first step through the door you become part of the atmosphere, joining a diverse crowd enjoying flavors picked directly from Mexico. Experience guacamole prepared tableside. Sample from 225 varieties of tequila. Order a margarita with a sour mix you'll taste nowhere else - it's made right on the premises. Rocco's provided a diverse menu with a distinct attention to detail including corn tortillas made by hand and cooked fresh on the Comal in our kitchen, just as they are made in kitchens throughout our neighbors to the south. Prepare for a treat, with the authentic Mexican flavors of Rocco's Tacos. Whether you're looking for a tasty lunch, a destination to build, or a late night fun, you'll find it here. Enjoy.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I lived in Southern California for many years and I can't make excuses for average Mexican food. So Cal has lots and lots of really good Mexican restaurants that are VERY reasonably priced (you might even say inexpensive!) that have fresher and more interesting Mexican fare than Rocco's Tacos. I tried RT's based on a recommendation from a friend who has lived here in So FL for awhile ... all I can say is travel to So Cal and try any of the family-owned Mexican restaurants there and you will be forever changed in how you rate Mexican restaurants! I thought the food here was very average and priced very high considering the quality and the service could use a good talking to! While nothing here was "bad", I can't recommend Rocco's Tacos but I can recommend the owners and the chefs here take a trip to San Diego and take notes!

1  Thank John G

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Perfect location as it was just a few steps from the back door of our hotel (Marriott at Boca Center). For a Tuesday night, the wait for a table was long (45 minutes), but we found a place at the bar within about 10 minutes instead. The margaritas were great but the tacos were mediocre. Fun night regardless.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Every time I stay at the Marriott at Boca Center I eat here. Great, fresh guacamole made tableside. GREAT ceviche. Great shrimp tacos. Nice atmosphere, especially at the outside bar. Everything always tastes really fresh and wonderful.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Very good taco restaurant. We went to celebrate our daughters college graduation. Busy place so glad we made a reservation prior to arriving. We all had different tacos and they were all very good. We ordered the table side guacamole and chips am a salsa. Both excellent taste. The plantains are really good with sour cream. Margaritas were tasty my husband could not stop drinking them. The coconut mojito was really tasty. I ordered taco salad since I am following a low carb diet. Excellent choice. The chimichanga was also really good. I guess everything was excellent Lots of food all very good. We will definitely go again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

You can do it here. $25 Guac, made table-side and to order is CRAZY for the price and just ok.

Salsa Verde taste like it was from a can. The imaginative AND tasty taco's were good but did not drain tomatoes doe sat in a puddle of water before arising table side. ;(-

Argentine, waitress was efficient.