“Great food Great fun Great Tequila”

Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 813 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Price range: US$16 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Bar, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Rocco's Tacos offers a true taste of Mexico within a fun casual environment. When you first step through the door you become part of the atmosphere, joining a diverse crowd enjoying flavors picked directly from Mexico. Experience guacamole prepared tableside. Sample from 225 varieties of tequila. Order a margarita with a sour mix you'll taste nowhere else - it's made right on the premises. Rocco's provided a diverse menu with a distinct attention to detail including corn tortillas made by hand and cooked fresh on the Comal in our kitchen, just as they are made in kitchens throughout our neighbors to the south. Prepare for a treat, with the authentic Mexican flavors of Rocco's Tacos. Whether you're looking for a tasty lunch, a destination to build, or a late night fun, you'll find it here. Enjoy.
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great food Great fun Great Tequila”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

If your looking to have a great meal and some fun this is the place for you. There are 3 different types of fajitas that are served in a large lava rock bowl. Your choice of steak, chicken sausage or shrimp, steak and chicken even just seafood. they are all great!! The tacos can be ordered one at a time so you can sample a few each time you go. The bar always has people having drinks and having a good time. On the weekends you can also order from the brunch menu which has not only traditional Mexican food but breakfasts as well. All you can drink specials are awesome!!!!!

Jared S

• Visited August 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visit family in West Palm Beach and every time, I need my Rocco's Tacos. Everything on the menu is fantastic and yes, I've had everything at least once. We are moving to West Palm as soon as our house sells and I know I will be at Rocco's at least once a week. The staff is very friendly and attentive. All around a great place to eat, drink and be merry!! If your in West Palm Beach make sure you go to Rocco's. You will love it"!

Visited September 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
“Best Mexican in South Florida, Really!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

First of all, as I always start out: I only give 5-stars to the truly top restaurants in the world. There are less than 10.

I give Rocco's Tacos a 4 as that's the best you can get for most restaurants.

Don't bother going to any other "Mexican" (this is not Cuban) restaurant around.

We were actually headed for Uncle Thai's Chinese restaurant on a Sunday noon. Uncle Thai's was closed, so we thought we'd finally try out Rocco's Tacos. What a mistake we've made to wait so long.

Great Mexican ambiance (maybe the machine guns were a little much) huge bar with an amazing selection of Tequila, very nice Mexican vibe. The staff were great. The service was great despite the fact that on a very hot, off-season Sunday when only the locals are in town (if they are not up north on vacation) every seat was taken.

The bottom line is tacos are take up the same amount of room on the menu of any other Mexican restaurant. They have all the enchiladas, burritos, fish, steak, EVERYTHING. However; the quality of the ingredients is absolutely the best. No yellow cheese here. Real Mexican cotija cheese. We had chicken quesadillas which tasted like a fantastic, grilled cheese sandwich with chicken. I had the pulled-chicken enchilada. Wow, just the right amount of sauce, cheese, refried beans and some of the best Mexican rice I've ever had. My wife had the (no word of lie) chicken burrito I've ever had. It was huge and absolutely delicious.

They have drink specials that I've never seen. Can you imagine all-you-can-drink margaritas for $12??? That's one drink at many quality restaurants down here. Make sure you have your designated driver along. Perhaps a stretcher.

We are true foodies. I cook all the meals in our home and they are fresh and made from the best ingredients. I can work for a year to get a recipe just right. So, believe me when I say that this is the BEST MEXICAN in SOFLA!

Don't walk, run to this place.

• Visited July 2014
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Nothing wrong with this place ... however nothing special either”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I lived in Southern California for many years and I can't make excuses for average Mexican food. So Cal has lots and lots of really good Mexican restaurants that are VERY reasonably priced (you might even say inexpensive!) that have fresher and more interesting Mexican fare than Rocco's Tacos. I tried RT's based on a recommendation from a friend who has lived here in So FL for awhile ... all I can say is travel to So Cal and try any of the family-owned Mexican restaurants there and you will be forever changed in how you rate Mexican restaurants! I thought the food here was very average and priced very high considering the quality and the service could use a good talking to! While nothing here was "bad", I can't recommend Rocco's Tacos but I can recommend the owners and the chefs here take a trip to San Diego and take notes!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank John G
Toronto, Ontario
“Great margaritas”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Perfect location as it was just a few steps from the back door of our hotel (Marriott at Boca Center). For a Tuesday night, the wait for a table was long (45 minutes), but we found a place at the bar within about 10 minutes instead. The margaritas were great but the tacos were mediocre. Fun night regardless.

Visited June 2014