“Yummy lunch, friendly staff in Mizner Park”

Racks Downtown Eatery + Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Racks Downtown Eatery + Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #366 of 866 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Federal Hwy @ NE 2nd St, one block North of Palmetto in Mizner Park
Description: Happy Hour: Daily (4-7) 50% off all liquor & wines by the glass, all draft beers $4 at the bar and happy hour food menu. Sunday Brunch buffet, $49 per person, $14 bottomless specials, and an in-house DJ. We call it the Sunday Edition and it is one party that should not be missed. Wine Down Monday's: (open-close) 50% off all bottles of wine & champagne. Tuesday's Double Points for all GR Loyalty Members open - close Wednesday's Martini Madness $10 open - close Thursday's Happy Hour open - 7pm + LADIES NIGHT! RACKS takes the great American restaurant into the 21st century. Fresh, approachable, American food, in a contemporary, over-the-top, out-of-this-world setting. Beginning with a synergistic bar, and adding top-notch five-star service on the floor, RACKS leaves no stone unturned. Freshness abounds everywhere at RACKS, from locally grown produce, to the sustainable seafood in the kitchen.
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My girlfriend and I were in the Boca area yesterday and ended up in Mizner Park. We decided to go to Racks because the lunch menu was appealing!
Our server was very nice, and knowing that we were starving, brought out some delicious pretzel rolls with a mustard spread - nice and warm and very tasty.
I ordered the mozzarella pizza, which was good, but not that special. I also had the truffle fries which were amazing. My girlfriend loved the trout she ordered, and the server was more than happy to bring her extra sauce when she asked for more. She wasn't happy with her fries though. She seemed to think they had been cooked, got cold, and were re-fried for a second to warm them up (they did look unusually dark to me too). I gave her some of my truffle fries, but now she owes me one lol

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We have been dining at Racks since they opened. One bad meal after another. It's never entirely terrible, that's why we continue to try it again. One of us either has poor, over or undercooked food or we wait too long (45) mins for entrees, or...And this is what really inspired me to write this "warning review," one of us has an improperly cooked entree, asks to have it corrected(either remade or cooked more depending on the dish), and the time it takes exceeds the other people at the table's entire dining experience. So, after having an unacceptable entree sent back, one waits over 30 mins then eats alone... Ok, great. How about offering to compensate on the bill? Nope. Owner himself, Gary Racks, should be out of the business. Once,fine,twice,not so fine, 3x,you're out.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The oysters were very interesting from a variety of locales. The food was good, but for the price, I'd go many other places within 1,000 feet of this restaurant. It's very small and when it's hot in the summer, you have few places to sit inside. Drinks are crazy expensive as well. Walk outside and whatever restaurant you see is much better.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I knew as soon as we walked in the door that this was my kind of place. Fab Decor and Happy hour. Food was wonderful. Crabcakes were the best I've had! Great location on Mizner which has wonderful shops and art galleries. Looking forward to returning on my next visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Our dinner here was our favorite. We liked it so much, we ate here twice. Our waiter was wonderful. He suggested everything from our drinks to dessert. Very cool decor. They have a great happy hour. Check it out.