“Food good,service slow”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Glades & Yamato - North of 5th Ave Shops
Transit: Via City Bus - we"re right on Federal Highway just north of 20th Street
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is a fine dinning restaurant not a coffee shop. Food was good, prices were a little high. Pace was casual, staff was friendly

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Our group of four couples (a high school class of 1960 mini-reunion of sorts) dined here in January. Because of the excitement engendered by our get together and the non-stop animated conversation, we essentially tolerated the amateurish and slow service. Upon ordering my usual Van Gogh acai-blueberry vodka on the rocks, the clueless young (very young) server returned with a glass of clear liquid. When I pointed out the absence of a bluish violet color as well as the missing fruity berry aroma of the proffered beverage ... indicating this was not acai-blueberry vodka ... she insisted (aggressively) that this was what I had ordered. Upon her return from the bar, she sheepishly admitted they did not carry my requested drink; I had been given Huckleberry vodka as a "substitute".

The food presentation was nicely done, the taste acceptable, the noise level low, the decor/layout of the room pleasant. In fact I would not have written a review if we had not gone back one month later.

But my wife and I returned the following month along with a couple with whom we frequently dine out ... so our banter and chatter was a bit more relaxed and calm ... allowing us to be more aware of the dining experience. The service was embarrassingly poor! After choosing a selection from the wine menu, we waited ten minutes before the clueless young (very young) server returned to report that they did not have the bottle we ordered. The situation was repeated a second time ... a different selection requested, bottle not in the wine cellar. Meanwhile, the meal itself was a disappointment ... one undercooked, all not hot (suggesting the dishes had been waiting a while for pickup by the server).

Given the vast selection of restaurants in all price ranges and cuisines in the Boca Raton/Delray Beach FL area ... we suspect that this place, like others which have come and gone, will be "gone" in due time.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I ordered large stone crab claws dinner which costs $29. 5 claws were presented to me. I ate two which were sweet and good; the third one was stale and tasteless. I returned the other two, they were stale. The waiter brought me two more claws; they turned out just as stale and tasteless as the ones I returned. Husband was also disappointed with the ribs he ordered.

2  Thank Marnie C
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Service was not organized and servers were not well trained.
After asking for food without garlic but with a sauce with flavor the food was served bland, no seasoning.
There were charges on the check that were wrong (over by $13 with four errors) and was corrected after complaining to the manager. His explanation that the menu was new, was unacceptable. They need to train their servers better.
We do not plan to return

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We recently visited this restaurant with a group of friends. (This restaurant is the same owner as Snapper's in Boynton Beach.) The service here at Wave 2700 was far too slow, and when the food did arrive, it was lukewarm at best. One of our friends was not given the correct count of shrimp, and another had his meal sent back because it was wrong. The food quality was only so-so. Sorry, I would not return and I would not recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank KarenCD840