“Cheap but Nothing Special”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Valley Forge
“Cheap but Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

I flew into PBI that night and was leaving for a cruise the following day. I wasn't looking to spend a lot of money and wanted someplace where I could get a good night's sleep. Anything else was a bonus. There are many nicer hotels in a couple mile radius (I like Hilton Suites on Glades but that's a lot more money.) For the price, it was OK but, even by Fairfield standards, nothing special. Room was small and dated. If you need a cheap place to crash, this is OK but certainly not a destination.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, 26 December 2011
Dear Phillygwm,
I hope you had a great time on your cruise. Thank you for staying with us before your vacation. I also appreciate the time your took to write this review. We are in the process of updating the property. Please try us out again the next time you are in the area. Thanks again for your business and the review. Happy travels.

Hospitably,

Kaitlyn Reim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Spring Hill, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

Booked this hotel on line for a weekend getaway looked nice on line. When we got to our room it was terrible. Room smelled, carpet was very dirty liked they rent for the hour not the night. I told the person at the front desk that this won't work I was showed three diffrent rooms and they where all the same. I talked again the the front desk and was told that if I stayed I would get 10.00 dollars off . I would sleep in my car first before I stayed here. Good luck better off getting a tent it would be cleaner................

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Dear Mark,
Thank you, for taking the time to express your comments. I apologize that you did not find the hotel up to your standards. I have some great news. We are in the process of updating our rooms. We are doing it in a step by step process. Our lobby has been completed. This week we are updating the rooms with some brand new great amenities. We will have a few more steps after this week, but we are in the process of completing it. Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused for you. We hope you will try us again in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

Pleasant service. Dated rooms. Very close to the airport.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Greetings Wanderlus,

I am so pleased you received pleasant service. We strive to go above and beyond for all of our guests. Great news we are in a process of updating our rooms! Please come back and check out our latest updates! We are the closest hotel to FAU campus and the Airport. Thank you for your review and your business. We would love to be able to have you stay with us again.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

The airconditioner in this hotel clicks on and off so loud that it woke me up continously all night. This is the second Fairfield Inn that I have stayed in and got no sleep all night. This is the last Fairfield Inn I will ever stay in....

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Thank for your review. I am so sorry that the air conditioner was loud in your room. I truly apologize for the inconvenience. We have checked out the room that you stayed in and did maintenance on the ac unit. I apologize you encounter this problem when you were with us. It has been fixed and if you ever travel back to the Boca Raton area we would love for you to give us another try. Thanks again for your review and your business.
RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

This hotel is just of Route 95 and next to active railroad tracks so ask for a quiet room. They have them. The suites are a fair size and 4 people can be comfortable. The room we had was very clean and had sink. refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom had an external sink and mirror which made it easier to use by more than one person. The view was of the parking lot from the fourth floor but it was very quiet. The beds were comfortable and the A/C worked very well. The rest of the hotel was similarly clean and comfortable. They provided a free breakfast which was average but they had plenty of fruit and yogurt as well as cereal and good coffee. You could sit outside by the pool to eat which was very pleasant The pool was small but had lots of nice vegetation around it. If you are a jogger or walker there is a nice walking path form the parking lot that paralleled a canal. The hotel is in the middle of an office park so expect to drive everywhere. The staff was very helpful with suggestions about places to eat and some gave discounts if you showed them your room key. Overall a pleasant experience that I would repeat.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sergio D
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
Greetings! Thank you very much for your business and taking time to write a review about our facility. It is always wonderful to hear when we are able to make your stay with us comfortable and pleasant. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our suites, pool area, and breakfast. We would love to have you stay with us again soon. Thanks again!
Saintfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

I am getting increasingly frustrated with marriott letting their properties go down hill this was another example. Rooms need to be modernised look at what holiday inn has done. Pool ok reception and breakfast ok. Staff quite helpful. Air Con noisy.

Room Tip: Stay well awayf rom lifts and ice machine sounds like a 747. Also rooms overlooking i-95
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
Thank you for writing this review and thank you for your business. We are very pleased to announce that we are in our final planning stages for our renovation. This should be happening shortly and would love for you to try us out again. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the future.
Parkland, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

Nice front desk staff. Cookies at 4-5. Bed pretty comfy. Free breakfast. Quiet pool. No on site restaurant or bar. I didn't know they allowed pets when I checked in and actually called the front desk as I could hear a dog whining in a neighboring room! Overall the hotel needs an update, but it has been maintained the best it could be for (likely) 6-7 years of use. Just not typical Marriot grade, but also not Marriot price. Most rooms have old school round TVs. The beach is a short drive as are numerous great places to eat. As long as you pay under eighty a night then you are in the general population. I stayed about a month and only problem was a group of dancers practicing loudly in the hallway above mine--for hours--even though I complained about the time. But one bad day out of 30it isn't bad! I would rent there without hesitation again.

• Stayed April 2011
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
Thank you, for writing a review for us. We really enjoyed having you stay with us for one month. You became part of our family and we are happy to hear that you will return to our property. Thank you for your business. Each day our team strives to be better and go above and beyond to make sure our guests enjoy their stay. Please stay tuned for some exciting news about updates on our facility. Thank you for your business and support and we would love for you to stay with when you are in the Boca Raton area next.