“Awesome I-95 access hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 April 2014

While this hotel was further south than I would have liked from where I needed to be, the rates were friendly and the 20 minute drive was worth saving the money! This Fairfield is sandwiched between a small plane airport and the I-95. It also has a sprawling movie theatre next door, and an entertainment complex next to that. The hotel was surprisingly quiet seeing as I was right in front of an airport. Area wise, you're a short drive away from the beautiful Boca Raton Towne Center Mall and University Commons. Both offer lots of choices to keep you busy if you'd like to eat or shop. The hotel is also about 15 minutes away from the beach and route A1A which takes you up and down the shore. The grounds and rooms were clean, and the staff was friendly. And, if you are ever planning to visit FAU, this hotel would be a good choice to stay it. It's right around the corner!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Just stayed here one night on business. Won't do that again. I stay at Marriott properties all the time - I've come to expect a lot from them. This place did not seem like a Marriott - more like a motel.

The lobby was OK, although the desk was kind of messy, sort of a clue I guess. There was a nice pool, common areas were clean. My room, as soon as I walked in had a huge dehumidifier roaring. The AC, an under-window unit with no thermostat was also roaring. Not sure why they needed a separate dehumidifier - this is not a seaside place, but they did. I settled in and went to the sink - no cold water, just hot water. Tough to take a pill with hot water.

I went to the desk and told the clerk that there was no cold water in my sink. "Sorry, my maintenance guy is gone." She seemed confused that this didn't satisfy me. I asked for a bottle of water which she did get me, and seemed distracted after that - why was I still bothering her? No offer of a new room, no apologies, no nothing. I'm sure I could have insisted on a new room, but just didn't feel like it - my bad, I suppose.

So I brushed by teeth with the bathtub water, and got an OK night's sleep soothed by the white-noise roar of the dehumidifier/AC combo. Noticed a few hairs in the bathroom - not filthy, not particularly clean. On the plus side, WIFI was fine, breakfast was OK.

This place was $240 bucks for a Fairfield Inn, Boca prices I guess. It was one of the worst Marriott properties I've stayed in. I do expect a lot from Marriott - this place did not deliver. I'm usually a pretty easy grader on hotels - this place gets a D+.

Room Tip: Make sure the plumbing works - ask if you can get a room that doesn't need a dehumidifier.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank DaveTheL
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Feb 10th couple post cruise still traveling by beaches, stopped in, honored hotel saver coupon, girl at desk, Erin, fantastic, multitasked, polite, knowledgeable. Laundry was only 1.25 to wash and same to dry. Breakfast was good. Coffee good. Pool and hot tub the best temperature I have ever been in. Perfect. The room was nice, they have to use dehumidifiers (we live in a humid area, I understand this) they do not have to run all the time. All the guests were kind, and beds were comfy. This may have been where the TV actually had some channels on it. If I was ever in boca again, I would def stay here. Good location too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
sofloguy1970, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Rainbow022,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete your survey on Tripadvisor. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us & hope you will continue to choose our hotel when you come to Boca Raton in the future.

Thank you again for the kind words and positive feedback regarding our hotel and our staff.

Alan Koplo

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed here 1 night in December. Nothing bad to say about my stay at this specific property. Location was good, just 5 min from mall and a few minutes to the Glade Rd I-95 entrance. Not walkable to anything so you need a car. The room was clean, bed was fine and plenty of self parking. Only downside is the breakfast situation. The dining room cannot accommodate the guests, especially when a bigger crowd shows up at peak times. There are not enough tables or chairs and guests had to take their food outside to the pool area so that they actually had a place to sit. Also, the staff never came around to clean the tables. Overall, I would stay at this property again for a night when in transit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
sofloguy1970, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for completing a survery on Tripadvisor regarding your most recent stay with us. We appreciate the time you took and will use your comments and feedback to consistently improve our product and the level of service we can deliver to our valued guests.

Thank you again for completing the survery and we certainly look forward to having you as our guest in the neare future.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My extended family needed a place to meet and stay for a sad funeral of my elderly aunt. Her two elderly sisters in their 90s were with us. The manager, Favio, could not have been nicer or more helpful, getting us rooms on the same floor and letting us bring in dinner to the breakfast area tables so we could spend family time not in a noisy restaurant. Favio continued to check in to see if we needed anything or if he could help in any way. He is a wonderful asset to Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the highway
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joel G
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Located right off 95 and Glades it's a good location for the activities on the east coast. Rooms small but comfortable; include fridge and coffee maker. Self serve breakfast and modest pool. We stayed 3 days and enjoyed. Front desk staff were pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel is typically for 1 night stays, in the center of Boca., by the Boca airport, stayed here on New Years so we would be closer to our destination, we live 5 miles from here but cab rides woulda costed the same as the room, so why not stay in a comfy room on a mini staycay to have friends meet at and caravan from there. Bed was great, customer service as well, room(suite) was great even tho the price skyrocketed and changed 4 times within 10 minutes when we were booking, thanks hotels.com for getting us in at a great rate.. The only issue I had was the dehumidifier was very loud, and the airplanes coming and going were also, and the room didn't have central ac, still using the old style outdoor acs (it's 2014!!) , but if you're in town for business or a random stop, this place is perfect.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple