“Do upscale hotels have towel bars? This one does not.”
Review of Wyndham Boca Raton

Wyndham Boca Raton
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
New Jersey
“Do upscale hotels have towel bars? This one does not.”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The first sentence I read on our confirmation says this is an upscale hotel. It got me thinking about what is upscale in a hotel, catering to affluent people who want more than most. There are yoga classes, Enya type soothing music playing around the lobby hotel and pool and a health oriented restaurant that is Whole Foods oriented, The rooms are nice sized and the beds are very comfy. The pool area is exceptional and clean. The staff I have interacted with over the last few days has been consistently courteous. We stayed on the 5th floor with a view of the pool. The grounds are beautiful and the atrium lobby is very attractive. My only major problem is the lack of a place to hang the thick , fluffy towels after my shower.

Room Tip: The 5th floor is quiet. Get a pool view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ken K, General Manager at Wyndham Boca Raton, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for your very nice review from your recent stay at the Wyndham Hotel - Boca Raton. I am glad you liked Farmer's Table restaurant and Yoga Journey as well as the pool and courtyard area. I hope you will try TrendTea on your next visit. I will look into the rack or an additional hook to hand your towels for our renovations this summer. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have been at this Hotel for 11 days. Everyone has been GREAT...I plan on coming here once a year, since staying at the Wyndham. It was so relaxing and beautiful pool area. Every employee that I encountered was helpful and wonderful to me. After 11 days I think I saw all of them.
The food was very reasonable and delicious...great trip all around!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
I am glad that our associates took such great care of you on your recent visit to the Wyndham Hotel - Boca Raton. The Farmer's Table is our new restaurant that you enjoyed so well. We look forward to your next visit!
Elizabeth, Colorado
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed at this property for 3 weeks total in March on a fantastic negotiated corporate rate - note that if I had paid rack rate my review may be a little lower.

Staff - everyone was very friendly and accommodating, from the front door man, shuttle driver, front desk staff - I did not encounter any negativity or bad attitudes and everyone seemed very pleasant. Mark in sales was very helpful in setting up my accommodations.

Dining - I LOVE the Farmer's Table restaurant and will be leaving a separate review for that. But you should definitely try this restaurant while staying there. And the bar team is great!
There is also a Tea bar on the second floor. Super nice folks there and great (unique) tea service - coffee too.

Rooms - This is the odd part. For all 3 weeks I was on the curve - the half of the hotel that is a curved shape around the pool. these appear to all be suites and the rooms are quite large. I believe that the other side - the straight side - are traditional double and king rooms.
While my room the first 2 weeks was large, it was very dated. The doors don;t close well, the paint is odd, dark colors and the lighting is bad. Yet the room was still comfortable. It had a full balcony with table and chairs. There is a wet bar, microwave, mini fridge, big sofa, 2 TV's, comfy lounge chair in the bedroom... the bathroom sink is in the bedroom, separate from the toilet/shower room. The carpet was old and worn. The bed was comfortable.
My third week I was on the 2nd floor, same side and I expected the same suite. What a surprise! The suite was the same size but had been remodeled. Nice tile floors, light fresh paint, better lighting, new doors to the balcony that actually seal closed. But I think this was the only room with this remodel - not sure why, but all the other rooms seemed to still have carpet. Maybe this was a test model? I don't know but it is HUGE improvement.

Overall, this was a pleasant place to stay for business. There are numerous hotels and bars within walking distance. But nobody walks in Florida (it's not even that safe - because there are so few ped's nobody really looks out for them when driving!) But you can easily (and safely) walk to the shops and restaurants to the west.

Room Tip: Try to get a room (suite) on the south (curved) side.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share such a thorough review of our hotel. I am glad that you like all of our associates and Farmer's Table our newest restaurant. We started renovating our suites last December and will be completing all of them this June. Following that we will begin renovating the rooms in the main tower. Even though we are convenient to many shops and dining, our shuttle is also available to give you a lift if you desire within a three mile radius. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Boston Ma
Reviewed 9 April 2014

we stayed here while visiting colleges in the Boca Raton area. the rate was fabulous (university discount) and the property is lovely, well kept and very comfortable. great healthy choice/tasty restaurant on premises, beautiful quiet swimming pool and hot tub. only complaints were poor wifi reception and somewhat noisy airconditioner

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent visit to the Wyndham Hotel - Boca Raton. I am glad that you found the hotel comfortable and well kept. Also glad that you enjoyed Farmer's Table our new three meal a day restaurant. I hope that you decided on one of the fabulous local colleges, so that you will be visiting more often. PS - our owner is from Boston!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boca Raton
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,325 reviews

Been to Wyndham Boca Raton? Share your experiences!