“Not the Best Value or Stay in Boca”

Hilton Garden Inn Boca Raton
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Some improvements are needed. The room wasn't in the best condition (the lock to the adjoining room - not occupied by someone I knew - was broken) nor was it clean (found raisins scattered throughout the room on the floor). The service was okay - the restaurant staff was extremely friendly and helpful. However, the front desk attendant who checked me in was not helpful at all and wasn't able to answer questions about room service and dining. The menu sounded very appetizing but the food quality really wasn't great. Overall, my stay was a below average experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Erica L

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I was here for 7 days and booked this hotel as I thought it would be close to my friends who were in downtown Boca Raton. It is on the very fringe of Boca Raton and you need to drive about 15 minutes to find any shops and restaurants. However the hotel is very comfortable and the staff are lovely. There was a flat screen TV, a frig, microwave and coffee maker in the room along with 2 queen size beds. There is a business centre with free use of two computers. The lobby area is very nice if you are having friends visit, as there are nice sitting areas, and a large table and chairs if you were hosting a meeting. The restaurant serves breakfast, which is buffet style and @ $12.95, I feel is expensive if you would just like a continental breakfast. A pool is onsite.
You can catch the "Palm Bus" to Delray Station and then the Tri Rail into Miami and all stops.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed for 4 nights with our toddler. The lobby seating areas and hotel room looked new and inviting, and were very clean and well maintained by housekeeping. It's not a resort, of course, but a "home away from home" type of place to stay with plenty of business travelers as well. It's easy to access 95 for driving in the region to/from airports.

While the hotel property was great as is, what really made the Hilton Garden Inn amazing was the people. From the minute we arrived, everyone was so nice to us and to our son. They treated him like a rockstar, always taking a minute to smile and say hi to him, or play games and spend a little time with him.

We ate breakfast at the hotel every morning. FYI, this hotel serves a hot buffet breakfast, but also offers cooked-to-order items, such as omelettes and pancakes, as part of that buffet price.

The first morning we ordered french toast for our son, and the cook drew a happy face in chocolate syrup on his plate. He loved it! Another morning my husband was stuck in the room working while I came down with our son for breakfast. Our server noticed he was not there, asked if he was coming down, and when I told her he was on a work call, she suggested we make him a to-go omelette, so he wouldn't miss breakfast! He really appreciated that.

I hope these examples illustrate that we felt very welcome and cared for, and that everyone we interacted with at the Hilton Garden Inn were professional, but also kind. I don't think I've ever stayed at a big name hotel with people who were so nice. It was almost like staying with family. We would definitely return here when visiting Boca Raton in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jdjc
Reviewed 4 December 2013

For this type of hotel our experience was very good. My wife, two adult daughters and their grandmother were in the area visiting family but spent time at the beach and in Delray. The lobby and bar staff were very friendly and engaged. We made good use of the pool, fitness center and business office. Ten minute drive to Delray attractions and a short walk to a nature center.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Edward C
Reviewed 2 December 2013

awesome, everything was great. loved the hotel. would recommend this hotel to anyone. great place to stay. exceeded all my expectations. could not ask for a better place. all amenities were great. best place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is a nice property...a little above average for a Hilton Garden Inn. It's a large property. The rooms are nice and well maintained. The lobby and bar a little nicer than most. I was most impressed by the service, particularly one young man, Giovanni. He was exceptionally polite and helpful, and that's what I'll remember. Because of that, I'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dollyamas
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My fiance and I stayed here for the Chargers at Dolphins game. I loved our stay at Hilton Garden Inn. The room we stayed in was nice, clean, and up to date with the new renovation. The keurig in the room was a plus! We did not have to go downstairs for coffee. Overall, we had a very comfortable stay at the hotel and will come back if we are n Boca Raton again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple