“So glad I walked out and went to another restaurant!”
Review of Josef's Table

Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 1 block N of Clint Moore off Military Tr
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Had a 5:30 reservation. Arrived and was seated at worst table by kitchen in the restaurant, which was less than half full of "early bird" special diners who were finishing up. When we asked for a better table the response was rude, awkward and offputting to say the least, Bye Bye Josef's Table. Even the waiter who was to serve us apologized to my wife as we left and agreed that we should not be seated at that lousy table. And we had reservations too! Check out their reviews on multiple sites...poor, poor, poor. As we returned around 8:00 pm to the Polo Shoppes to drop-off our dining companion who left her car their, Josef's looked empty, yet we just left a "Regency Court" restaurant around the corner, after a lovely, over $200.00 meal, and they were packed!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We have been wanting to try here since hearing a buzz from many locals. As a top contributor to trip advisor, I take my reviews very serious and truly hope to help people get a good feel about someplace before jumping right in to what would be considered an expensive place to dine. We went on a Thursday night which I highly recommend. Not every table was full, the noise level was perfect, the service was perfect and the food was very good. We invited an out of town guest to join our family of 4. My husband loved his meal. I have read some of the other reviews and I simply cannot get these words out of my head, "distinctly average". I have to agree on the food aspect of this review. BUT, I sometimes love average and I really liked so many things about this restaurant. I have to say this, servers in Boca are Saints!! The age of the customers as I looked around is, let's say...VERY mature! These people are demanding beyond acceptable in my book for the most part. I watched a man ream out the server because he brought him a coke instead of a diet coke...Really? Kindly say...I believe this is not what I ordered. The jerk of a man yelled - THIS IS NOT WHAT I SAID, in a very loud voice. The server kindly apologized and got the diet coke. Anyone wonder why a server might be a little off in an environment like that? I am sorry to rant but those people need to learn manners at any age!! Entitlement never allows for rudeness at any age! So, given the circumstances that these waiters put up with, our service was excellent!! The décor was very clean and crisp looking, the drinks were very good and the food too was good. All in all a very enjoyable night and we will go again. Please note there is no kids menu but our son had a steak and enjoyed it. The place is very small and in a shopping center. Coming from PA, this is very strange to me but I am starting to get used to it. I say try it and be kind to your server - you THEN may get the best service ever.

3  Thank Loveagoodmeal
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We attended the popular annual Josef's Table Passover traditional foods dinner ($39/person). It included three courses. We declined the included bottle of very sweet kosher wine and ordered glasses of Merlot ($12 each). Our chopped liver appetizer and salmon entre were excellent. Our matzoh ball soup had an incredibly dense matzoh ball and our brisket was served cool (very good when reheated). The gifiltre fish looked strange. The charoset was good (small portions with matzoh). Service was enthusiastic, but a little overtaxed by the full house on a weekday. The room was pleasant if undistinguished. Our total bill was $112 plus tip. Overall, the dinner was enjoyable but we will probably seek out another alternative to try next year.

1  Thank Neil F
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We dined here last week with friends and it was distinctly average. Service was enthusiastic but not necessarily efficient. The special fish entree, sea bass, was finished so they gave us grouper which I think had been frozen, it wasn't great. With so much great local fish why import from chile and panama?

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We have dined here several times, including lunch and dinner, and the restaurant remains consistently inconsistent. With friends we all ordered the prix fixe 39.95 dinner. Here's the report, A-Z. Waitress had to be asked to bring bread (brought a small basket, finally), had to be reminded to bring lemon, had to be reminded to bring pepper mill...and this came directly afer she brought salads and simply walked away, leading to 2-3 minutes of trying to get her attention. So you get the picture about the "service". On to the food:Three of us had filet mignon (about a 6 0z. cut). Meat was just OK, rather dry, one diner's was overcooked. Vegetables accompanying were way undercooked, almost raw, and barely warm. And for those who don't enjoy noisy dining rooms (which we observed on our very first visit, and commented on), the noise was so bad I and my wife had hard times conversing with our friends. Bare floor, big open room, bad combination. The restaurant has apparently undergone a significant change in management, from the chef to the hostess, and not for the better. Sadly we will bid Josef's adieu.