“great little spot”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 1 block N of Clint Moore off Military Tr
“great little spot”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a great little spot. The food is fresh and excellent. The service was attentive. It seems like a small owned business and they really go out of their way to provide great service and make you feel welcome. Everything was so fresh on the menu I was very pleasantly surprised. Not one person in my group could stop saying positive comments about our food, and believe me we are a very discerning group. You'll be happy if you go here.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ucfsteven

“A foodie's paradise”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The special summer menu drew us here. We had dined here almost a year ago but since then the head chef changed (for the better I should say). First I had onion soup and since I cannot have gluten I ordered it with no croutons. It was so tasty. I did not want to finish all that gooey cheese as I was feeling guilty. Next the rack of lamb was done perfectly. Desert was 3 scoops of gelato-wow!!
The other dishes served were equally delicious.
Please keep up the superb cooking.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank shelly w
“MOTHERS DAY”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

we had reservations for 4.30 when they opened.was seated immediately with a waiter that was named Paul. He asked if we wanted bottle or regular water. we chose the pre prepared dinner with an apitizer, main dish and desert. my wife ordered the stuffed shrimp (3) which did not amount to much. I ordered the french onion soup. I have had better. not much bread or onions but tasty. my main dish was the duck which was excellent. My wife had the goulosh, made of veal.she ate it all. and then the desert. I had the best and biggest piece of cheesecake that i ever had, while she had a choclate tart.
during the course of the meal, we were visited by the hostess twice asking if everything was allright.We even had the owner come over and introduce himself.
the odd part of the meal was the delivery of the appitizer and the desert by two waiters,but the main dish was brought by our waiter. I inquired and they told me that is their policy. They had a large selection on their menu and the prices were slightly high but they were in a neigborhood surrounded by million dollar homes. We would eat there again for a special occassion.By the time we left which was 6PM the place was full included many tables outside and mostly mature type people

1 Thank allanace
Pompano Beach, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So glad I walked out and went to another restaurant!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Had a 5:30 reservation. Arrived and was seated at worst table by kitchen in the restaurant, which was less than half full of "early bird" special diners who were finishing up. When we asked for a better table the response was rude, awkward and offputting to say the least, Bye Bye Josef's Table. Even the waiter who was to serve us apologized to my wife as we left and agreed that we should not be seated at that lousy table. And we had reservations too! Check out their reviews on multiple sites...poor, poor, poor. As we returned around 8:00 pm to the Polo Shoppes to drop-off our dining companion who left her car their, Josef's looked empty, yet we just left a "Regency Court" restaurant around the corner, after a lovely, over $200.00 meal, and they were packed!

“I liked it very much!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We have been wanting to try here since hearing a buzz from many locals. As a top contributor to trip advisor, I take my reviews very serious and truly hope to help people get a good feel about someplace before jumping right in to what would be considered an expensive place to dine. We went on a Thursday night which I highly recommend. Not every table was full, the noise level was perfect, the service was perfect and the food was very good. We invited an out of town guest to join our family of 4. My husband loved his meal. I have read some of the other reviews and I simply cannot get these words out of my head, "distinctly average". I have to agree on the food aspect of this review. BUT, I sometimes love average and I really liked so many things about this restaurant. I have to say this, servers in Boca are Saints!! The age of the customers as I looked around is, let's say...VERY mature! These people are demanding beyond acceptable in my book for the most part. I watched a man ream out the server because he brought him a coke instead of a diet coke...Really? Kindly say...I believe this is not what I ordered. The jerk of a man yelled - THIS IS NOT WHAT I SAID, in a very loud voice. The server kindly apologized and got the diet coke. Anyone wonder why a server might be a little off in an environment like that? I am sorry to rant but those people need to learn manners at any age!! Entitlement never allows for rudeness at any age! So, given the circumstances that these waiters put up with, our service was excellent!! The décor was very clean and crisp looking, the drinks were very good and the food too was good. All in all a very enjoyable night and we will go again. Please note there is no kids menu but our son had a steak and enjoyed it. The place is very small and in a shopping center. Coming from PA, this is very strange to me but I am starting to get used to it. I say try it and be kind to your server - you THEN may get the best service ever.

3 Thank Loveagoodmeal