“Bar service-poor.”
Review of The Rebel House

The Rebel House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Rebel House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 855 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: http://www.southfloridafoodandwine.com/2012/06/a-pictorial-first-peek-at-rebel-house-boca-raton.html
Reviewed 29 July 2014

First visit, sat at bar, server was more interested in "boyfriend' sitting at bar than her customers....she had to be told by me that my food was ready for pick-up, not attentive, ..food was good, if visit again, no bar for me.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We went to this restaurants with friends. We had seen the menu online and were very excited to give it a try. First, we were confused when we got there and the menu was totally different. The waitress explained that they change their menu every 6 weeks so the online version was probably old.
The current menu wasn't quite as exciting. However, we ordered the meat tray, a burger, and the duck. Very hit and miss. The meat tray was good. However, the other food was mediocre at best. The burger had so many fried onions on it that you couldn't taste the actual meat. The duck was extremely bland and under seasoned (which is unacceptable at that price!)

Overall, this place is overpriced and were less than impressed.

1  Thank floridamom4
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Rebel House offers a cutting edge, creative menu with impressive food and ambiance. I had the best brussel sprouts and burger with a fried egg of my life. I can't wait to return!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

If your own house had rotating flavored popcorn, eclectic furniture, great art, drink, and food you could be home. Don't look for the name outside. Just look for the people eating. The only downside was when they decided to roll up the garage door and let the beautiful weather and nasty smoke come in was there a disconnect.

Try it, you will love it. Do not miss out on the Brussels sprouts!!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Started out well. This is not the type of restaurant I would usually frequent, but I'd read the reviews on trip advisor and it's a mile from my home. Why not go? It has a young vibe, loud music, servers are all dressed very casually and almost grungy. Not a complaint, despite her attire, our server was friendly and capable. Had to ask for a wine list though. For some reason they have a drinks menu for beer and cocktails, why not put the wine in there too?
Food.........I ordered caramelized onion tarllet to start and duck Kiev as an entree. My husband went for the soft shell crab and gulf snapper. The tarllet was superb, every bite was savor end. Hubby really enjoyed the crab and all was well with the world. Timing was a bit off with the delivery of sides and entrees but that was ok.
Snapper was good, a lot of different things and favors that were new, but we expected that. What we didn't expect or appreciate was that my duck was RAW and very obviously so. It was cut in half so any chef checking food before service would be able to see that. Obviously no checks. Our server handled it admirably and immediately asked me if I would like it cooked more or to order something else. The sight of all that raw meet had put me off the duck, so I opted for the soft shell crab. When it finally arrived, 25 minutes later, it was ok but not really to my liking. No complaints from me, I just ordered the wrong stuff. And we would have left it there had our server not mentioned that she told the manager about the duck. So where was he? Wouldn't you think that he would want to come over and apologize for the duck? Keep the customer happy? Make 'me come back for more? No sign of him so I asked to speak to him.
I have gone on long enough so will not give a blow by blow account of our conversation. Suffice to say that he is totally ill equipped in the area of customer service and satisfaction. All I wanted was an apology and acknowledgement that his restaurant had not met my expectations. Any self respecting manager would have offered a free drink at our next visit. It's called service recovery Rebel House! It's called making a regular customer out of me. But no, so take this bad review and multiply it. I am a year round resident of Boca Raton, I am your bread and butter. I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

4  Thank Katy E