“Meteoric Ribs”
Review of Shane's Rib Shack

Shane's Rib Shack
Ranked #238 of 855 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I just tried Shane’s for the first time today via take-out. I had a craving for barbecued ribs, but was not expecting much after all the other four so-called barbecue places in Boca that I tried so far were extremely disappointing.

My hopes began to soar when I parked and smelled the aroma that only comes from genuine smoking, but still I held back my expectations because sometimes that can be deceiving. After rushing home and digging in, I was absolutely blown away by these ribs. They had that exquisite, unmistakeable flavor of genuine slow wood smoking, rare these days. The ribs from most places taste like they are simply baked in an oven and made passable only by being smothered in barbecue sauce, which is what I would do with them.

These are a completely different story. With this kind of smoky flavor, they could have been mostly bone and I would have still enjoyed gnawing at them. But, on top of that, they were huge, meaty, and lean, not quite lean enough to chomp on completely guilt free but almost.

The sides are secondary at a barbecue place and I would gladly forgive mediocre sides for ribs like these. I can’t speak to the other sides, but the cole slaw and potato salad were top notch, among the freshest and best that I’ve had in a long time. They added immensely to the perfect rib dinner.

The only disappointment was not having corn bread on the menu, but that mattered only a little to my girlfriend and even less to me. I do wish they had delivery or at least online ordering, but ordering by phone was as fast and easy as it gets, and the order was ready and waiting by the time I arrived there about fifteen minutes later. Besides, I might be a little outside their delivery area even if they had it.

I moved here from the keys a few years ago and these are the best ribs since the now defunct Meteor Smokehouse in Key West that had been next to the legendary Blue Parrot bar for many years.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Worked late and needed something to eat my favorite place was closed. Thought I would give them a try, it was okay. The ribs were a little over char broiled and dried them out just a bit. The coleslaw and potato salad was perfect. The toast was only on one side,that took away from the taste.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stopped in for a quick bite to eat around 8:30 PM and took forever to get waited on.....appeared they were short on help....looked over and there was an older gentleman sleeping at the end of the bar....found out a few minutes later it was the owner....interesting! BBQ was tasty. Was kind of taken back that I spent almost $20 and was given plastic utensils. Very difficult to cut food with plastic. They indicated that they don't have regular silverware. Don't think I will be returning.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The pulled pork sandwich is delicious! Not fatty at all and the Beef Brisket is also delicious! French Fries are crisp and hot! Service is fast!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is a place for fast food BBQ. Not much flavor to the meat and the sides are just ok. Their salads are much to be desired. Hope they can get better lettuce to make fresher salads.