“Enjoyable”

Daggerwing Nature Center
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Nice easy boardwalk. Having a significant knee injury it was the perfect walk. Amazing how different areas house diff wildlife. Upon arrival your surrounded by butterflies. Left were birds, raccoon and an alligator, straight aromatic plants. Husband found it boring but I enjoyed the slow quiet enviorment

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Smoopyy11863

Greeneville, Tennessee
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Boardwalk Area Very Relaxing”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Nature center was closed when we visited, however the boardwalk areas are open until dusk. The boardwalk was very clean and well maintained. We saw many birds and an alligator. It was very quiet and relaxing. We had an enjoyable after dinner stroll.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Tracy W
Florissant, Missouri, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Nice small place”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The board walk was great and the kids had fun finding stuff; however it down poured and there is no shelter. Oh well that is what happens in Florida!
We saw a wild alligator which was exciting and a few water fowl.
The center is geared for toddlers that is why we chose to go because my 4 yo would have a good time but my 8 yo was kinda bored.
The skunk was cute and the other animals there were well taken cared for.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Cindy B
Delray Beach, Florida
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“I'ts always good to preserved Nature this way...”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Very nice Nature center we just came from there, unfortunately the center is close on Saturday, Sunday and Monday but the Boardwalk trails are open all the time, very nice and clean place, I'm a loving Nature person so I really enjoy things like breathing pure air.
I'll defiantly come back here...
PS: by the way is a free center.

Visited June 2013
Delray Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Pretty boardwalk, not a lot of wildlife”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Daggerwing has a very pretty boardwalk that purports to traverse swampy terrain. The park was mostly dry when I was there, and the nature center was closed. Didn't see a lot of birds, just a handful of the usual suspects, palm and yellow-rumped warbler, blue-gray gnatcatcher. I did see a kestrel and a parula warbler which was migrating through. The bird feeder at the entrance to the trail does attract painted buntings, so approach gingerly, as to not scare them away. They are always worth a look. My biggest beef with the place is that it was deserted when I first got there, and, as I was by myself, it felt a little creepy walking around alone. I wouldn't go by myself again.

Visited February 2013