“Mothers's Day” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bistro Gastronomie - CLOSED

Bistro Gastronomie
Cuisines: French, American, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Mothers's Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was our fifth trip to Bistro. As always the service (our waitperson was Samuel) was impeccable. The sommalier recommended an absolutely wonderful Sincere which was one of the better I have experienced. Our mother's day dinner was absolutely fantastic from the escargots to double salmon and mussel appetizers. The shrimp and avacado salad was one of the best I ave ever had. My wife and son had the crab cake dinner which was prepared and presented the way it should be. No filler just wonderful crab cake with an outstanding red pepper coulis. I enjoyed the reisling coq au vin which was a very interesting twist on the original. This restaurant is the best thing to happen to Baca Raton since La Vielle Maison closed! For a special occasion, Sunday Brunch and dinner are terrific values for the total experience. This has become our destination restaurant!
Prof H

3 Thank lunachief
Gourmetguru67, Owner at Bistro Gastronomie, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you immensely for taking time to post a review about your Mother's Day experience in our restaurant. We always strive to exceed your expectations and as the Chef, I am happy that you praised the cuisine. We take great care in the kitchen, with a consuming passion for excellence. Our waiter is wonderful and thank you again for commenting on the good service. Good service makes all of the difference. Merci Beaucoup et A tres bientot!

“Best in South Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

On another visit last evening to this wonderful restaurant, we introduced it to some friends from East Boca. Again, this proved to be the best food and dining experience that we have had in South Florida since moving here 30 years ago. It compares with the best restaurants in NY, Phila. Washington DC and San Francisco. The design and inside decorations cause many folks to go WOW! on their first visit. Although we live in a community nearby, our guests agreed that it is worth the trip from the ocean vicinity. We looked over the new luncheon menu - as they just started serving lunch last week - and again, the attractive offerings command our attention and desire to try this as well. I recommend this experience to every one I meet when the subject of dining is prevalent.

3 Thank CharlesBerky
Gourmetguru67, Owner at Bistro Gastronomie, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you immensely for your wonderful review of our restaurant! We always strive to exceed one's expectations and we are so happy that you have enjoyed yourselves immensely. We take so much pride and care in our cooking and presentation. We can't wait until you join us for lunch. Please try the Chef's Surprise..........I will not disappoint. Merci Beaucoup et A bientot!
Chef William Walden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Phenomenal Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

On two separate occasions my husband and I & other couples had dinner at Bistro Gastronomie. Upon entering we were amazed at the subtly beautiful ambience. To say we were immensely impressed by the fine service and exquisitely delicious food is putting it mildly. I can honestly say this was the best dinning experience I've had in a long time. I told my husband "guess where I want to go for Mother's Day". You got it - Bistro Gastronomie. As the saying goes "Once you've had the best, why try the rest".

1 Thank Marge F
Gourmetguru67, Owner at Bistro Gastronomie, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you immensely for taking time to post a review about our wonderful restaurant! We appreciate your patronage immensely and look forward to your return visit with much enthusiasm! Your place at Your table will always be ready for your imminent arrival, be it Mother's Day or any occasion. Warmest Regards and until shortly. Executive Chef William Walden
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great food and dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

A new restaurant has just opened in west Boca Raton, Fl. Bistro Gastronomie, 9101 Lakeridge Blvd in the Doris's Plaza, is quite different than any restaurant in West Boca. If you feel like a special night out on the town this is definitely a place to consider.
We have dined there three times and have immensely enjoyed ourselves. The decor shows the expense and effort put into a complete remodel from the subfloor up. The atmosphere in the two dining rooms (one has a full bar in it) is somewhat formal but relaxed and comfortable. The service is professional and friendly (not always found together in most restaurants). The food is the highlight of your experience. Both unusual and down-to-earth items are featured. Dinners are available either ala carte or prix fixe.
On my three visits I have had three different entrees and various appetizers, salads and desserts. All were excellent.
Having retired after 40 years in the restaurant business in San Francisco it is always a pleasure to dine in a top notch establishment, especially one in west Boca which is where I live, particularly after having a few libations and wine with dinner. We were tired of driving east of I 95.
My wife and I wish Bistro Gastronomie success and are looking forward to dining there in the very near future.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Tip C
Gourmetguru67, Owner at Bistro Gastronomie, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you immensely for taking time to write a review about Bistro Gastronomie! Much appreciated is your emphasis on the understated elegance throughout and the food and close proximity to your residence in West Boca. We look forward to having you soon and often in our establishment. Merci Beaucoup et a bientot! WW
McLean, Virginia
“Fabulous place to celebrate a special event”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife Diane and I celebrated my birthday with Chef William Walden at his new restaurant. What a wonderful evening. We knew his wonderful cooking from his restaurants in Virginia. He's now outdone himself. Our food was absolutely delicious. We tried so many of his dishes and shared each one to test as much of his menu as possible. Each dish was better than the next. We loved our attentive wait staff and the ambiance of the restaurant. It was wonderful seeing William so happy in his new home. We'll make this trip again and again. So wonderful to receive a "good value" for a nice evening out. Best to you, William!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank James N G
Gourmetguru67, Owner at Bistro Gastronomie, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you James for taking the time to write a review about your recent birthday celebration. It was such a pleasure to have had you in the house and I am glad that you enjoyed yourselves immensely. Your red carpet will always be waiting here and your place will always be reserved....Best to you and yours and until shortly. Warmest Regards, Chef William Walden