“Amazing atmosphere and people”

The Maui Spa & Wellness Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Boca Raton's new Hawaiian Oasis. This 7000 square foot, tri-level destination spa and wellness sanctuary offers holistic therapies to restore the natural balance, beauty and health. The Maui features an array of services including 10 private treatment rooms, a Hydrotherapy Room, a Relaxation Room, Acupuncture, Chinese Herbology, Meditation, The Orchid Tea Room and much more.
Aiken, SC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing atmosphere and people”
Reviewed 18 November 2009

One of the most professional spa's I have been to. I have traveled all over the world and been to many spa's, but this one was so relaxing and welcoming. All the treatments I had were wonderful. I look forward to going back.

delray beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't let the other reviews full you.”
Reviewed 25 October 2009

I was looking for a place for a couples massage and decided to go to the maui based on excellent reviews I read online. The initial visit with the staff started off great until they put us in a tiny dark room with 4 other people in robes with there feet in a bath. My bf and I barely had room to sit. Not exactly what I call a comfortable enviroment or 5 star by any means. As we waited I looked around the room which looked like cheap stars on the stealing with black painted walls and a bamboo thrown in the corner. We had the hanna, which I was told we would be alone in there for 30 minutes. We were taken to these showers where your supposed to take turns and then switch after the girl comes back every 3 minutes while your basically naked with no privacy ever. One shower didn't even work. Then the next room is a hot room that was so tiny and uncomfortable. If you sat back your back can get burned. I was then trying to make the best of it by hoping the steam room was good. I had asked when I booked it if there was aromatherapy steam rooms which I was told yes. Before she put us in the steam room I see her squirting a cleaning bottle. Apparently that was the "aromatherapy". After you are asked if you want to go in a "cold" tub. The tub is so uninviting we decided to pass. Our massages were good but unfortunately very rough when she had told me it was going to be swedish with mild pressure points and reflexology. They both used elbows and my bf's back is still sore. Hes never been to a spa and I thought I was gonna have a nice surprise for him and I'm a bit embarrassed. I wish I never brought him there cause he is now a bit turned off which I can't blame him. If your looking for a great place stick with the red door spa in ft lauderdale. I certainly wish I did!

1 Thank toni888
mauispa, founder at The Maui Spa & Wellness Center, responded to this review, 17 November 2009
We take all comments very serious since customer service is top priority to us. I am surprised to hear the dissatisfaction of this client since most everyone who walks thru our doors experience a feeling of total bliss. I realize that everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect hers, thank you for your input.
The relaxation room has fiber optic light system that creates twinkly stars and our clients can't wait to return to the "room with the stars" in it. As far as our foot baths (that we offer complimentary with every service), this is the first time I have heard your feet couldn't fit and will look into larger foot baths. Our Hana experience is one of a kind and usually only offered at "resort spas". I would say, it might not be for everyone but definitely for people who like hydrotherapy. Infrared Sauna is made up of ceramic tiles that create an infrared ray which penetrates deep into the tissue of our bodies so we can detox from the inside out which is different than regular saunas that have coals heat the room and then the body temperature rises to start the detoxification process. As far as massages, our signature massage includes deep work utilizing forearms and elbows. I would suggest a swedish massage for you and BF in the future. Once again, mahalo for feedback, it keeps us on our toes.
Florida
“Maui Spa has 5-star service the experience is awesome”
Reviewed 18 September 2009

Just finished my 1st visit to Maui Spa, Boca Raton, FL. I have been a Spa Manager for 7+yrs. From the moment I checked in the staff was very professional and nice. I arrived early so I could get a tour of the facility. The massage rooms and facial rooms are very roomy and have a great ambience feeling to them. I really felt I was was back in Hawii. They did a wonderful job on bringing Hawaii indoors for our S. FL. enviroment. I entered the changing area and locked up my belongings. Slipped into my comfy robe, entered the relaxation room with a wam foot soak awaiting. I was given a cup of hot tea and just relaxed prior to my massage. On time, my massage therapist intoduced himself and off to the best massage ever!! The therapist and I spoke about what I was looking for in my massage and all areas were targeted. After my massage I was greeted at the door by my therapist with water and fresh fruit slices to enjoy back in the relaxation room. So much more to experience and I will be back.. booking my appointment now!

Boca Raton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic spa”
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Went to the Maui Spa today for a few treatments. It was fabulous. First of all, it is beautiful inside. Warm and comfortable and relaxing. We started with the Hana Experience which is in the Hanna Room, a water oasis. It was just wonderful to experience the shower and water deluge, sauna, steam room and cold plunge. Loved it. My massage by Nikki was amazing. Then a pedicure. We had lunch at The Orchid Tea which was perfect. Barbara had the best tea I have ever had, a white tea ambrosia with coconut. Delicious. Unfortunately, today was The Orchid Tea Room's last day at the Maui Spa. Big mistake. Our lunch was a perfect fit with the rest of our time there. But we will still be back to the Spa, just not for lunch.

Detroit
“THE ORCHID TEA ROOM IS A MUST!! BEST SELECTION OF ORGANIC FOODS AND TEAS.”
Reviewed 16 April 2009

This was a wonderful surprise. This gem of a store has a great selection of teas and organic food. Barb was such a delight. Her knowledge and peacefullness made my day. There is not to many places that have such a great selection of organic foods. I felt healthy and happy . My advice skip the food at the spa and eat at the Orchid tea room.