“My favorite fajitas!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #140 of 802 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“My favorite fajitas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Senor Burrito is a tiny little place in a tiny, run down strip mall in an unattractive part of Boca Raton. So why does this place get five stars? The food is awesome. And by food, I mean the fajitas. I always get the chicken fajitas and they are always great. If you get the "loaded" you get a wood plank with little bowls of toppings to put on your fajitas (Sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, cheese, etc.) This is not your typical "canned" Mexican restaurant. The salsa feels homemade. Of all the things that I miss about South Florida, this is at the top of the list along with Sundy House brunch and Publix subs.

My girl friend and my girlfriend both love the chicken soup which is enormous (if you get the large one). If you like chicken soup, order it. I bet it will be the biggest soup you ever got at a restaurant.

• Visited November 2013

Boca Raton, Florida
“DELICIOUS FOOD IN A LOUSY AMBIANCE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The rave reviews about the food is what brought me here, for lunch. This restaurant's exterior is very unattractive, being as it's in a strip mall. Nothing that compels you to want to walk in. Once inside I found myself in a small dining area with limited seating. An L-shaped bar with high-back stools was squeezed into the diminutive space. The name of the restaurant bespoke of a Mexican dining experience. But I sure didn't see it. The only thing Mexican that my eye picked up was some sepia photos, supposedly of Mexican scenes, on the walls. Nor did I hear anything remotely Mexican. A Sirius XM station was, inexplicably, pumping out American rock music, in English. No Latin sounds. And no Spanish spoken that I heard. A faux Mexican meal it seemed I would experience.

The most charitable description of this hole in the wall I can come up with is "quaint." It certainly wasn't classy. Nor charming. And it didn't have character.

Service was very good from the friendly waitstaff. My waitress had chips and salsa on my table the moment I sat. The chips were crisp and fresh. The salsa was thick and very tasty.

I ordered the Mole Verde. It seemed to take an inordinate amount of time to get out of the kitchen considering that there was only one other diner in the place. When my entrée f-i-n-a-l-l-y arrived, it had great eye appeal. The refried beans were topped with melted cheese. The rice was the yellow variety, not the vanilla white stuff. And it came with peas and diced carrots mixed in. Unlike a previous reviewer, I liked this added touch to the rice. The burrito was smothered in a green sauce, and was so, so delicious with its filling of pulled chicken breast. The sauce was not spicy hot, which was just fine for me. And there was plenty of food. I walked out with a doggie bag (disclosure: I don't have a dog).

Essentially, delicious food at reasonable prices, with no atmosphere.

Get rid of that incongruous rock station and replace it with Mexican music, then make the interior of this restaurant look like I'm in Mexico instead of a neighborhood diner in the Midwest somewhere, and I'll jack up my rating to a 5.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bunmaster2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“Best Mexican restaurant I have ever been to!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Let me just start this review by saying that I come to this restaurant twice a week,every week,forever. It is that good!

:The service: the waitresses that work there are cheerful,inviting, and happy to refill your salsa bowls, (Homemade Tortilla chip) bowls, and refill your drinks. They will happily chat to you and make you smile.
:The atomosphere: A quaint little hole-in -the -wall that is comfortable, family-like and welcoming. with an open bar area and the kitchen in the back, you can see all the magic that goes on in preparing your food. the booth's are comfortable and the lights are perfectly lit, the A/C is plentiful so you will enver feel the humidity of the florida climate.

The food: Fantastic! here are a few reviews of the dishes I have eaten multiple times when I come here.

Mahi salad: Delicious fresh green's covered in a mouth-watering creamy house dressing, avocadoes, tomatoe's, and perfectly cooked grilled mahi-mahi with a delectable seasoning. Yummy, healthy meal for those watching their weight. Easy to split between two, or for one hungry one.

Spinach and cheese tostada's: Two fried tortilla's topped with spinahc and cheese melted together to form a melted cheesy,spinachy heaven. A perfect appetizer for two or light meal for one.

Mahi-Mahi fish taco's: DELICIOUS! Me and my brother split these most of the time when we come here. Do not be decieved, the portions are huge and filling. with a side of yummy veggie rice and three fish,cheese,lettuce,dressing stuffed corn tortilla's and four spinach and cheese nacho's ( so delicioso I wish they had more of those) it is perfect to split or for a hungry patron.

Fajhita's (veggie,steak,chicken,both): I have sampled all of these and they are downright fantastic. you have to get the loaded version that includes guacomole,salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream,lettuce,cheese. It comes with a plate of smooth refried beans with cheese and yellow rice. The fajhita's come served in a hot plate, steaming with your order of skirt steak,chicken breast, pepper's and onions or all of them. By far one of the best things I HAVE EVER ATEN.

Veggie burrito: meh, it is delicious but slightly bland and too hot. I was happy they did have a vegetarian option but with the refried beans in a lettuce cup and the burrito steaming hot to the point where it desentized your tastebuds it was kind of three-star's.

House salad: Fish salad without the fish. Fabulosity.

I give this restaurant five stars, with its wonderful staff, delicious budget friendly food and wonderful ambience, it is definetly a winner everytime, make sure to check it out!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Skye M
Norwich, Ohio
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was. The restaurant is in a hard-to-see place off of federal highway, so my expectations were not very high. But, the food was great. Chips served as soon as I sat down, delicious salsa, and my burrito was pretty good. Would recommend for a budget lunch.

• Visited April 2014
Miami, Florida
“Señor Craprito”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Just had dinner at this place.

First thing that needs to be said is that if you don't see well in the dark; you are out of luck in this place in the night. They are taking electricity conservation to whole different level, the place is just too dark. I had to ask the waitress to help me read the menu.

I ordered a speciality burrito, it arrived on the table in ( I am not kidding) four minutes . This should have sent off alarm bells for me, but blinded by hunger, I began to eat.
Just of quickly as I began to eat, I stopped .

The burrito came with Mexican rice, refried beans and what must have been a pound of cheese.

The rice was tasteless, the beans old, and the cheese which was obviously nuked, stiffened up in three minutes upon reaching the table.

And the burrito, well that was bad, just plain bad. The beef tasted like it was boiled, and it was suppose to be in some "spicy" chili sauce. The only thing that was hot was the plate cause I could neither find the heat or the taste in that burrito.

This has to rank as one of the worst Mexican meals I've ever had.

But I'm giving this place two stars for the following;

The waitress was really kind, and the free chips and salsa was really good. Oh, and the portions are enormous; not sure that's a plus given how bad the food is.

"Dude, how could make Mexican food that badly? "

Think twice before you eat here.