“Great hotel in a convenient location”

Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed for a long weekend in early November. The Marriott was well located for our needs in the area and had plenty of dining/shopping attached and nearby. The hotel staff were friendly and efficient and provided us the exact room and location we requested. The rooms were nicely appointed and large (we had a king facing the courtyard). The bathroom consisted of a tub/shower with curved curtain rail and toilet. The vanity was located outside the bathroom and had a granite top and large mirror.
The king bed was very comfortable with numerous pillows to choose from. Our room faced north onto the courtyard which has entertainment nightly (on weekends) and jets landing at the nearby executive airport…but no problem for us as the room was quiet.
Lobby area had a couple of computers for general use and one computer dedicated to airline check-in with a printer (free). Rooms had free, fast wi-fi. The lobby also had a bar and restaurant, which we didn't try.
Just outside the hotel at the rear are many upscale restaurants/bars including Morton's Steakhouse, and also contained a Total Wines store and McDonalds (two minute walk). Ten minute walk to Town Center Mall (Cheesecake Factory, Grand Lux Cafe), which has many upscale retailers and anchors such as Macy's, Saks, etc.
Large pool/hot tub/bar area with lush landscaping and lots of free self park or valet($) parking.
Overall, we enjoyed our time at the Boca Marriott and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a south facing room (front of hotel) which are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank scott9Caledon

Reviewed 9 November 2013

On the plus side, the exercise facility is new, well equipped and includes free water and towels; reception area has been updated and given a modern, open feel; and the hotel offers free, fast Internet. On the negative side, the rooms are dated and bland as are the hallways on the room levels and the location is uninteresting. OK for a night or two if you're on a business trip (as I was), but wouldn't choose for a vacation stay.

Room Tip: Surprisingly I was on the 2nd floor, and my room was very quiet. As there's not much to see fro...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank betsy1224
BocaMarriottGM, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback from your recent stay. I appreciate all the positive comments you shared as we take these reviews very seriously and are always looking for ways to improve our guest's experience!

We hope to have you back to our hotel in the near future and we wish you and your family a great holiday season!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed here for a week as part of a business trip. Overall hotel is pretty good. Rooms are dated but comfy enough and the lobby and bar are well presented.

Breakfast in the morning was good, plenty of choice and as ever the waitresses were very friendly.

Location is on top of several decent resteraunts and bars which is great on a business trip as you do not need to go far for a good drink and a bite to eat.

Also very close to the mall which was good for after work relaxing.

Overall would recommend the hotel, reasonable price, good location and friendly staff if admittedly the rooms are a little tired and dated (which to be fair can be said about a lot of the Marriott Hotels nowadays).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Marriott Boca Raton with my wife for a 3 day stay. As with my other experiences with Marriott hotels, the stay was excellent.
Friendly staff, great room amenities (they don't nickel and dime you like the Hilton).
The free breakfast, parking and Wifi was a nice touch.
I will definitely stay here again when I'm in area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Enjoyed another weekend stay at this hotel. Rooms are great, being large, comfortable and clean. No mold or musty smell, which is common in Florida hotels. Beautiful lobby and facilities. Pool is nice for this business type hotel. I would not consider this a resort, since the pool area is minimal. I was going to the beach,so outdoor facilities were not important. Fantastic bar and restaurant with many restaurants attached to mall adjoining hotel. Even a gourmet grocery next door if you want to bring food to room. Good parking areas and secure lighting. Major shopping mall several blocks away.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We checked into the Hotel and found the porters to be very nice and friendly. Went to the front desk and a young not very warming staff tried to help up..Mind you check in time is 3:00 its now 4:13 and we were told our room is not ready.. Wow mindblowing.. We sat in the lobby waiting for our room. We walked around only to find a dirty washroom.. We were told the hotel was renovated but I really didn't see it.. Maybe I thought the Boca Raton Marriott was not in the same league as Motel 6 but it IS..After waiting for what seemed like forever we got our room which was the wrong type we had to go back and correct it. All that waiting for a Old Tired Smelly room Wow... Thank God it was only a one night visit or we would have left....

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere...Best tip of the year!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindsay T
BocaMarriottGM, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback from your short stay with us. We take these reveiws very seriously and I sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered recently with us. I would love the opportunity to get more details from your stay. Would you be so kind to contact me directly so I can use your feedback to ensure our entire team provides the most efficient, friendly experience and deliver both product and services that we are accustom to doing for all our guests.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Jeff the bellman was great helping me with packages and shuttling me around. I would have to agree with Colleen (Luxury Rates) the front entrance looks horrible and the pool area also is not appealing. Housekeeping could use more on the job training and the public space could also use a little more attention. The lobby/restaurant area is nice but your rooms need a lift. I was checking rates for January 2014 and are way out of line the Renaissance across the street is $40.00 less for the same time and their pool area is really nice. Angela and her team deliver outstanding service in the Café 5150 for breakfast and they are so warm and friendly it is a great way to start the day trust me you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time and providing us the valueable feedback from your recent stay. I also want to thank you for your positive comments on our team as we do share all the reviews with our staff to ensure we are delivering a positive service and product experience. We recently have done our yearly upgrade to both the front entrance and pool area with landscaping and other additional items for our guests to enjoy. I do apologize that you did not feel like we provided more attention to our product in both our housekeeping team and lobby area. I have reviewed all the items so we can get back on track and provide all our guests with the high level of service you have come to expect from the Marriott brand.

Please let me know when your plans bring you back to the Boca Raton area and I will personally handle your reservations and welcome you back. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.