“What a DUMP!!!!!!”

Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The worst experience ever!! Filthy hotel the amenities are so worn out replace your pillows, linens, and duvees. The front desk staff is down right rude someone needs to wip them in shape and your housekeeping staff needs some additional training. The outside courtyard from the restaurant is not appealing and your fitness center needs new equipment and to top it off we paid over 299.00 for a hotel not worth more than the prices of a Motel 6.

4  Thank ron s
BocaMarriottGM, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us. I am disappointed to hear that your experience was definitely not what you have come to expect from our Marriott hotel. I would love the opportunity to speak with you in person so I can personally apologize to you and to also gain more details of what you experienced. I take these reviews very seriously and will continue to work on the areas you mentioned to ensure this was indeed an isolated experience and I have also shared these comments with my Department Leaders for them to continue to commit to delivering the highest level of both service and product our valueable guests expect from us on each visit.

I do hope to hear back from you and again do thank you for sharing your comments and would hope you would provide us another opportunity in taking care of you and for you to see the improvements on your next stay.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The Marriott had a nice pool and jacuzzi open in December...a set of great restaurants just out the door, and was just 2 blocks away from a huge , and really nice Mall...The rooms and reception were very nice and recently updated...Coffee makers added to the pluses...however, the cost and quality of the breakfast buffet was just adequate, the gym average and with cardio machines in need of repair, the bathtubs were far too low sided to actually take a bath if you weigh more than 200 pounds, the wine list average with OUTRAGEOUS prices....They failed to give me wake up call on my early flight morning, but the service was super friendly and across the board, excellent...The highlight was the awesome pillow top mattress.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
BocaMarriottGM, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your comments from your stay last month. We take these reviews very seriously and we will continue to work on delivering what our guests expect from us so we exceed all your expectations while you are travelling both on business or pleasure.

We appreciate you staying with us and we hope you provide us another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Been staying at this location on and off for years and have never been so disappointed until my most recent visit. The iron in my room was so stained that I didn't want to take a chance to touch up my clothes. The pillows are so worn out and the pillowcases were heavily stained that I used the towels in my room to put over the pillows. There was hair in my sink and someone's used dental floss disguisting. When your rates are over the top your product and service ought to
match also. I will never stay at this location again if I want to visit Boca Center I will get in my car forget the convenience I want peace of mind when I am traveling.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank john_cU3237ZY
BocaMarriottGM, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I certainly appreciate the time you have taken in sharing your feedback from your recent stay. I am also disappointed that you had such a negative experience in both our rooms product and also how you felt our lack of service delivery was during your visit. I would love the opportunity to gain further information and details on this past stay so we can continue to have you come back and show you this was an isolated experience but more importantly get back to exceeding your expectations as you have come to expect from our hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The only thing this hotel has going for them is the location. Their rates are absurd 299.00 and up for nasty pillows, tired linens, and a dirty hotel. The front desk staff are not friendly and sound like they are reading you a script. Do not waste your time in making a reservation go someplace else.

Room Tip: Before going back to this hotel they would have to spend lots of money in revamping this property.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank shane e

Dear Valued Guest

I am sincerely sorry about what you experienced while staying at our hotel. I do review all of the valueable feedback we receive from these sites with our entire team to ensure we learn and improve on all of our product and service delivery standards that our guests expect and should receive when they arrive at our hotel. There are no excuses for any guest to feel this way and I would love the opportunity to speak with you if and when you have a chance to contact me directly.

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your comments and I hope to speak to you in the near future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed at the Marriot Boca Center for 5 nights. The room smelled of room deodorizer when we checked in but thought nothing of it as they were oversold last week. Today I received a bill for $250 for smoking in the room along with a letter. I am a Marriott Gold Rewards member and received this terrible treatment. We never smoked a thing! When I called the response by the manager was to tell me another manager will call me sometime. No deletion of the charge yet. They didn't bother to call me before sending me a bill. Terrible customer service and terrible handling of the problem. I booked my stay for next month at another hotel.

Room Tip: find another hotel!
2  Thank Michael W

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from the "non smoking fee" charge you had on your account. I believe we did communicate that we did indeed take off this charge and I look forward to having you back when your plans bring you to Boca Raton.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

My wife and stayed here for three nights 1/10 thru 1/13. Service was excellent, as we were upgraded to a suite upon check-in. The pool attendant was very nice, too.

The room, while large, was close to filthy. Snack crackers from a previous guest were on the floor, and soda stains were on the counter. There was make-up on the door frame in the bathroom, and a left-behind fingernail clipping on the bathroom counter. At least there was no sign of hair in the bathroom or in the bed!

Room Tip: Request a clean room!
2  Thank 82-Ag

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit. I am sincerely sorry that we failed to deliver the high Marriott cleanliness standards our guests have come to expect from the Marriott Brand. I take these reviews extremely seriously and I am working with our Housekeeping team to ensure they deliver the highest level of cleanliness detailing and to continue to re-inspect the product before allowing a new guest to arrive in the room.

I would love to invite you back in the hopes you give us another opportunity so please contact me directly and I will personally handle your reservations and ensure you get our usually high standard of room experience on your next visit.

MarriottBocaGM

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The Boca Raton Marriott is newly renovated with a lovely lounge area. It is quiet, and centrally located to a shopping promenade with upscale boutiques and restaurants. I feel this is definitely the hotel to stay in Boca Raton. My son stayed 2 nights over christmas break and commented on the cleanliness and the bed comfort of the room. He stayed at a 5 star resort the previous night, and preferred the services and amenities of this Marriott.

The front desk reception is exemplary. The 2 gentlemen working at the front desk on December 28, 2013 ( Peter Dantes and Barry Zack ) were helpful, polite and the Marriott Inc. should be privileged to have 2 such wonderful people working at their hotel.
Having gone from hotel to hotel looking for a room( all Boca Raton hotels were 100% sold out for this weekend ) for my son who has dog allergies and could not sleep at our relatives home, they made it their business to find him a room.

The Marriott is comfortable, very clean and staffed with real people.. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family