“Unexpected great stay”

Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 7 nights while visiting my daughter in the area. I had booked on Priceline and had worried about the quality of my room based on some previous reviews. However, I couldn't have been happier with my stay. I took the advice of another reviewer and called ahead to ask if I could have a fairly nice room since I was staying 7 nights. It wasn't until the next day -bascially because I was jetlagged from flying in from Europe -- that I realized I was upgraded to the 11th floor. Not really sure how it happened but I am very grateful. The room was huge, the view spectacular and the added advantage to being on the 11th and 12th floor, made my stay. The hotel does not have in-room safes and I did mention this when calling ahead. I was assured that they had lockboxes you can use and I did use it daily for my computer. They say they will remedy this when they rennovate the rooms and I hope that is true. Although the staff was extremely friendly and courteous, it was a hassle to drop it off each day. Other than that, the location is good and as I said, the staff could not have been more responsive or helpful. However, the highlight of the stay had to be the fireworks display that I was able to watch along the coast from my high vantage point in the hotel room. Definitely priceless. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: I would say the rooms overlooking the shops have the best view -- and the higher up the better.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, nice location. Right off I-95. Stayed for a couple of night on way home from Key West. Very friendly staff and great restaurants right out back (Roco's Tacos, Brio) If you get a chance go see Mike, bartender at the lobby bar - friendly guy with a lot of helpful information - makes a great drink too!

Stayed: July 2014
BocaMarriottGM, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so glad that you had such a great experience with us on your last visit. It is a nice amenity for our guest’s to be able to walk right out back and enjoy all the wonderful shops and restaurant the BocaCenter has to offer. Our staff here aim to always be brilliant hosts and to make sure we provide you with all you are looking for when you come to relax and enjoy all Boca has to offer. We hope you come back again and we can provide another memorable and enjoyable experience.

Sincerely

CathyZ/BocaMarriottGM

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here with my wife and 2 year old son for 2 nights and the hotel was excellent. The rooms were a good size with more than enough room for the 3 of us. They had a nice modern decor to them and the lobby bar was great for a night cap. There was a great area with both sit down and fast food restaurants, a market area and a selection of other shops right outside the doors. The pool area was more than sufficient with a nice relaxing atmosphere surrounded by palm trees. Overall, we loved our time at the Marriott at Boca Center and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable option in Boca Raton.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Boca Marriott for two days to attend a family gathering. The hotel was very nice inside and the staff were very friendly. My biggest complaint is the parking and the open hotel access. I recently had back surgery and walking can be difficult. There are only four handicap parking spots for this very large and busy hotel. Both nights we were there, hotel functions filled up the entire parking and all the overflow lots. On the Saturday night it tool over 45 minutes driving around to find a spot. The parking lots were full of cars for the people attending functions. One night i went out around 11:30 PM to see if I could move car to a closer spot. I used the door that leads to the pool and found that it was not locked and that there was a steady stream of people coming a going. This door is right by the elevators and not in view of the lobby. There is a key card reader by the door, but was not required. I do not believe that everyone coming in through this door at that time was a guest.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
BocaMarriottGM, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Ron,

We sincerely enjoyed taking care of you and your family while you were guests of ours and that you recognized that our staff like to provide a high standard of service during your stay. I apologize that our parking area was a challenge for you with limited access to be closer to the front area. I have shared with our entire Front Office team to ensure they are more attentive to letting our guests know we would certainly be more than happy to provide valet assistance for all of us to be proactive in providing an area of our parking lot dedicated to those guests staying over night. Our side doors do automatically lock during the overnight hours for out guests safety and I will double check on the timer to ensure all is properly functioning. I cannot thank you enough for this valuable feedback so we can improve on delivering a brilliant experience for our guests.

CathyZ/BocaMarriottGM

Reviewed 26 July 2014

For the value can't beat it!! Nightlife for adults and kid friendly within walking distance, literally outside the door. Shops and restaurants walking distance. Staff very friendly and courteous. Pleasure to have Julio as our server at the awesome breakfast buffet they offer!! Rooms can use a bit updating but was told it is in the works!! Will definitely be returning!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had a super stay, after a long journey from London and the airline losing our luggage we felt at ease upon arrival. The receptionist provided us with the essentials we needed to get us through the night and the room was spotless and comfortable. We stayed on a bed and breakfast package which was excellent value and the breakfast product was the best I have seen in the US. The breakfast team were excellent and could not do enough to please. Food was always hot and fresh. The pool and gym were great and parking was plenty fall. Public areas were spotless too and the hotel was as welcoming as they come.

Please note I am a hotel general manager with a competitor brand and we could not have hoped for anything better. We'll done Marriott Boca Raton, without doubt this is the based hotel in town.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had to travel to Florida for a family emergency and needed to be in a central location. Having been to Boca Raton many times through the years I remembered the Marriott and how convenient to everything it is. We arrived around 9pm afer a long flight and were warmly greeted by the gentlemen at the Reception desk. He even came around the desk to shake our hands! That is surely something you don't find these days. Our room was everything we needed, quiet, comfortable and spotless. We were asked what time we preferred our room to be cleaned every day - again, not typical of other Hotels where it's always a mystery as to what time the cleaning staff will show up! I would highly recommend this fine Hotel for it's accomodating staff and excellent location near all that Boca Raton has to offer (lots within walking distance, too).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family