“A Fine Hotel When Visiting Boca Raton.”

Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have visited Boca Raton many times and have stayed in my share of hotels in that region. Unlike many hotels the Mariott gives you the feeling of staying in a high end hotel without the feeling that you are surrounded by tourist/vacationers. Some of the other hotels are large bed and breakfast facilities. Not bad if that's what you want. However, you are surrounded by many people who are in various stages of undress and orderliness. The Mariott looks and feels like an adult hotel. Situated at the rear of Boca Centre and a stone's throw away from Boca's largest shopping centre, Town Centre, is has some big city amenities while giving you the benefit of the Marriott brand. Service is courteous, lobby facilities are outstanding and the local restaurant is OK. The hotel is situated at the rear of Boca Centre, a trendy shopping and eating area. If you don't want to eat in the hotel there are excellent eating facility steps from the property. The rooms are not spacious but more than adequate for a few day's stagy. The pool is functional but not for those who want to swim laps. One small complaint: most hotels have power outlets at or near the bedside for the many who use CPAP machines. I had to unplug my lamp to get a proper pug in. Another annoyance: the bath area is small. I am alone on this trip but if my wife had been with me we could not have managed in the sink area. Other than that a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Overall, there was absolutely nothing wrong with out stay at this hotel. But there was also nothing right enough to warrant the hotel's four star rating. For instance, when we arrived, there was no staff at the front door to help us with our bags, or to valet park the car. So we parked in the guest parking lot, which is free, but too small; when you finally find a spot, you are faced with a long walk back to the front door. The later in the evening you return, the longer the walk.

We got to the room, and were a little surprised to find a bathroom that was a good bit smaller than what we had seen in other, similarly rated hotels in the state of Florida. Also, the layout of the room, putting the bed and the tv at a 90 degree angle, was a little odd. Speaking of the tv: only a few stations worked properly, most had very poor picture quality, and the hotel's own selection of ppv movies had such an atrocious picture quality that reading the menu was virtually impossible.

As we were in our room, with the privacy hangar on the door handle outside, housekeeping walked in. At which housekeeping school did they teach you that?

There are also a few TLC issues that have been neglected, small things such as elevator's button lights not working, hallway carpets having bulges, or the curtains in the rooms being so crumpled that they don't close all the way, thus letting in the early morning light.

Smokers find a set of ashtrays at all entrances. Smokers better like cats, too, for there are dozens of cats (strays?) in the area that appear to be fed by hotel staff.

Overall, I had expected more given the hotel's four star rating. However, given that we did get the room for a bargain rate, had the hotel sold itself as three stars, I still think the rate would have been reasonable, but my expectations wouldn't have been raised to a point that the hotel could not meet.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
BocaMarriottGM, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for providing such valuable feedback from your most recent stay. I regret that you there was not someone to greet you when you arrived, I agree this does not create a positive first impression. We are also in the planning stages of having a complete room and tower renovation in the near future which will provide our guests a well-rounded experience throughout their hotel stay. I apologize we failed to meet your expectations on so many levels through lack of detail. I am going to address all the points raised with the appropriate departments as we take great pride in our ability to react and correct issues like you experienced. We thank you again for choosing our hotel and we do hope to have you back with us again in the near future.

Sincerely

CathyZ/BocaMarriottGM

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I am a big fan of this hotel, having stayed here almost every other week for a year, but now that I live in the area I continue to go in for drinks and dinner on a regular basis. And that is all to do with the great staff at the bar. Mike, the bartender, is always so attentive and gracious. The whole staff here are just great and I highly recommend a lovely evening here.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms are what is expected from a Marriott. They are clean and the service was good. Our room was very noisy - pounding during the night - not sure where it was coming from, but sounded like the plumbing. Room service was a disaster. Ordering was a challenge because the person on the phone did not know the menu. The order was wrong and it took 2 times to get it corrected. I'd recommend avoiding room service - too much of a hassle. BTW, the room service server said it "happens all the time."

Stayed: August 2014
BocaMarriottGM, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Buckeye12345

We sincerely appreciate you staying with us and finding both our service and product experience was a positive one for you. I will look in to the noise that you mentioned to see if we can correct this unexpected problem for any future guest so I appreciate the feedback on this. I also apologize that your in room dining experience was far from what you should have been and that we did not create the sense of ownership on correcting this issue. I have sent your review to our Department leaders to immediately re-train and correct this from happening again so we can continue to provide all our guests a most brilliant experience in all areas of service. Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your comments.

Sincerely

CathyZ/BocaMarriottGM

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Robert the doorman was amazing I'm a huge cat fan and he left me feed these cats that sleep by the hotel, the driver Matthew was AMAZING! He was so fun :)
Best hotel, all the doormen are the best, I love cats so this was an extra bonus

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Enjoyed our stay on the way to Key West. The hotel was conveniently located between FL Turnpike and I-95. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel was very clean. A very enjoyable stay after a long day of driving.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Mike at the bar has provided me with consistent exceptional service. I hadn't been back for several months and he even remembered my name. The little things make a big difference.

The front desk staff is great as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business