“Would Stay Again!”

Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Buffalo, New York
“Would Stay Again!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the hotel. The front desk staff were very nice and the restaurant had delicious food. We would definitely stay again. We didn't use the pool, we headed to the pier and the beach instead. Beds were also very comfortable. I would request a room on a higher floor for view purposes. Parking was tight due to the restaurant being so popular.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kim L
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Hi Kim!

Thank you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I am so happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed staying with us and that you will come back to visit us again. Our #1 goal is to provide clean & comfortable rooms along with top notch service at affordable rates that fit every budget. I'm glad we reached our goal during your stay and you were able to experience the BEST HOTEL VALUE in Boca Raton.

Thank You for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Bill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We booked it through Priceline, came as a surprise for the money, a true rundown, and I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

It is a hangout for the locals, and we weren't looking for a company. The only Tony Bahamas feature was a door into bathroom, closet style with shutters- zero privacy.

We dropped the second night for much better hotel for the same money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BBQe
Hello!

I appreciate your feedback, however I would like everyone to understand that the hotel is not run down! We have been doing some much needed renovations to the outside of our North Building which does not effect our rooms in any way. I am happy to report that the renovations are coming to the end with only painting left to do and should be completed by next week. We really appreciate everyone's patience and understanding during this process.
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last year and found it clean with personable staff.
This time I had the opposite experience.
The front clerk did not tell me I was staying on a construction site with the facade covered with scaffolding, black mesh covering the walkways, dust everywhere, cracked and broken walkways along with very poor lightning.

Had my 3 yr old grandson not been sound asleep, I would have left immediately, but such a departure was hampered by the fact that no one and I mean no one, answered the front desk ,even after I rang in from cell phone using the main phone number. I tried for over 2 hours.!

Seriously lacking in transparency and effective management.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank DublinD_11
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. We greatly appreciate your business as well as your feedback. We'd like to offer you our sincerest apologies for your stay not meeting your expectations. Recently part of our property has undergone renovations and with us being a hotel a business that never closes, we have been doing our best to relocate guests to better rooms. Unfortunately the night you stayed we happened to be facing a sell out and could not offer you a free upgrade. We hope that you will come and stay with us again so we may make it up to you.
Florida
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I don't normally stay in hotels with doors that open to the outside, but I am glad I made an exception and stayed at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel. When I made the reservation, I asked for a "nice" quiet room with a balcony and that's exactly what I got. The front desk clerk was very nice and make sure my room in the newer section. The furniture looks just like the pictures and although I did not need the frig or microwave, it was nice to have them. Sound on the TV was really distorted, but I messed around with the sound controls through the TV menu and was able to fix it myself. The bed was comfortable, the AC was nice and quiet and the room had plenty of electrical outlets to recharge everything. The bathroom is pretty small, but was clean and there was storage under the sink if needed. The bathtub was leaking a little but other than that, I would give the room a solid 4 out of 5. I had already eaten dinner but went to the bar to watch the football game. The bar is really nice with several large TVs and even a poker table. Breakfast there the next morning was quite good and reasonably priced at $4.99 for 2 eggs, toast and potatoes. Would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor (4th floor) that faced the street on the balcony side and across from the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. We greatly appreciate your business and feedback. We're so delighted to hear all your positive remarks about our property. Here at the plaza we thrive to give every guest top notch service and value for a very afordable price. We look forward to doing business again with you in the near future.
Myakka City, Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This property is clean, friendly, safe, great location to the university and most importantly; reasonably priced for my frequent trips to Boca Raton to visit my son in college. I don't even bother shopping for better deals as we have stayed here several times now and each time have been pleased. Outside construction but no one has been working on the weekends when we have been there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Good Morning!

Thank you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I really appreciate your feedback and I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient to Florida Atlantic University which is under 3 miles from the hotel. We will continue to provide a great value to our guests and we look forward to you returning when you are back in the Boca Raton area.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I've stayed here several times this year. Special thanks to Ray at the front desk who has been exceptionally helpful and friendly each time! The restaurant and tiki bar also have terrific staff, and the food there is always good. The hotel is close enough to walk to the beach, and there are several other restaurants, grocery stores, and other stores nearby. It is also fairly easy to get to from the interstate. The rooms are clean, nothing special, but at a good price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Good Morning!

Thank you for being such a loyal guest of the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! Your feedback is very much appreciated! I am happy to see you had another great stay. Ray really cares about our guests and always goes above and beyond to make sure they have a comfortable stay, it's nice to see that you recognized his efforts. The Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites is without a doubt the BEST VALUE in Boca Raton when it comes to Rooms, Amenities, Location, and Top Notch Customer Service. I thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Boca Raton area.
Minnesota
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Good location, close to FAU. Got to park right by our door - very handy. Large rooms, walk out deck door to private patio with walkway to tiki bar - how perfect is that? Afordable pricing and great customer service. Decent pool and hot tub. Was able to check out decent sized pool towls. Internet service in room worked great. Would definitely stay there again! My only complaint would be that the complimentary breakfast wasn't told to us at front desk.

Room Tip: request a 1st floor room. Very convenient.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. We greatly appreciate your business as well as your feedback. I'm thrilled you enjoyed your room so much as well as our pool side tiki bar. Our internet service was recently updated and is a bit faster now, were happy it worked well for you. Please come back and see us again soon and remember to book directly with us to gurantee the area's best value!