“vacation for 3 weeks”

Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Boca Raton, Florida
“vacation for 3 weeks”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Room was very comfortable and clean. housekeeping staff were very pleasant and accommodating when asked for extras. The pool is clean and staff at Tiki bar are great. My stay was excellent and I will definitely go back.

Room Tip: I prefer a room with a balcony or patio because I enjoy sitting out there with coffee in a.m.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Hello!

Thank you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I am happy to see you had a excellent stay with us! I see that you stayed in our Majesty Palm Room with the private balcony, that is a great choice and is probably the best value we have considering how large it is and the private balcony make it very comfortable.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again when you are back in the Boca Raton area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Every time we go to Boca Raton we stay at the Boca Raton Plaza....we keep coming back because we love the great location...it's near beaches and shopping as well as casinos...the price fits well into our budget... the staff is welcoming and very accommendating....looking forward to many more stays.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Mitchell!

Thank you for being one of our many loyal guests of the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I'm happy to see you enjoyed your stay as always. We will continue to provide the top notch service that we are known for along with being the BEST VALUE in Boca Raton! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you come to the Boca Raton area.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 14 December 2013

12/2013
I frequent the palm beach area of Florida pretty frequently and have tried several hotels in the area. The Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites has become my favorite. The only time I don't stay there is when I've forgotten to book ahead and they were full. It fits my budget without having to compromise on cleanliness and service. It has the convenience of a casual restaurant, pool, computer with printer, and tiki bar. I have read a couple unfavorable reviews, but have never experienced any problems, and I have stayed there many times.
see you again in a few months!!!
Lynn Fowler Miller

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Hi Lynn!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and being such a loyal guest of the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I very happy you were able to experience all that makes us the BEST VALUE in BOCA RATON! We just finished our renovations to the exterior of the hotel and it looks beautiful!
Thank you again for making us your hotel of choice when in the Boca Raton area. We look forward to seeing you again when you come back in a few months!
Trinity, Florida
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The front desk manager was uncorteous, very rude and did not provide me with a well located room since it was an area under construction. Next day Phylis gave me an excelent service and and also apologies because I was dizsatified. My comoliment to Phylis de fornt desk representative..

Room Tip: The room was under an areao of contruction. I was located ther wothoout any explanation and apology.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Hello!

Thank you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I really appreciate you providing your feedback.
I apologize that you did not receive a welcoming greeting. This definitely is not something of the norm at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. We are known for our great customer service and we will continue to get better each day!
I am happy to see that Phyllis provided the service to be expected while staying with us. We hope to have you stay with us again soon. The renovation has finished and the building looks beautiful.

Thank you and have a great day!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the hotel. The front desk staff were very nice and the restaurant had delicious food. We would definitely stay again. We didn't use the pool, we headed to the pier and the beach instead. Beds were also very comfortable. I would request a room on a higher floor for view purposes. Parking was tight due to the restaurant being so popular.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kim L
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Hi Kim!

Thank you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I am so happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed staying with us and that you will come back to visit us again. Our #1 goal is to provide clean & comfortable rooms along with top notch service at affordable rates that fit every budget. I'm glad we reached our goal during your stay and you were able to experience the BEST HOTEL VALUE in Boca Raton.

Thank You for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Bill
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We booked it through Priceline, came as a surprise for the money, a true rundown, and I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

It is a hangout for the locals, and we weren't looking for a company. The only Tony Bahamas feature was a door into bathroom, closet style with shutters- zero privacy.

We dropped the second night for much better hotel for the same money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BBQe
Hello!

I appreciate your feedback, however I would like everyone to understand that the hotel is not run down! We have been doing some much needed renovations to the outside of our North Building which does not effect our rooms in any way. I am happy to report that the renovations are coming to the end with only painting left to do and should be completed by next week. We really appreciate everyone's patience and understanding during this process.
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last year and found it clean with personable staff.
This time I had the opposite experience.
The front clerk did not tell me I was staying on a construction site with the facade covered with scaffolding, black mesh covering the walkways, dust everywhere, cracked and broken walkways along with very poor lightning.

Had my 3 yr old grandson not been sound asleep, I would have left immediately, but such a departure was hampered by the fact that no one and I mean no one, answered the front desk ,even after I rang in from cell phone using the main phone number. I tried for over 2 hours.!

Seriously lacking in transparency and effective management.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank DublinD_11
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. We greatly appreciate your business as well as your feedback. We'd like to offer you our sincerest apologies for your stay not meeting your expectations. Recently part of our property has undergone renovations and with us being a hotel a business that never closes, we have been doing our best to relocate guests to better rooms. Unfortunately the night you stayed we happened to be facing a sell out and could not offer you a free upgrade. We hope that you will come and stay with us again so we may make it up to you.