“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Marietta, Georgia, USA
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular guest here, and I'm always welcomed warmly by the staff. They are helpful and courteous...even when securing a 5AM cab to the airport. The rooms are what you'd expect from Marriott. But the restaurant downstairs is probably better than you'd expect. All in all a great hotel for personal or business travel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Mr. Jeremy F.,
It is always so nice to receive such so nice reviews from our returning Guests. Thanks for sharing your last experience with us, I will definitely share your moments with our Team. Thanks for choosing the Boca Raton Renaissance while visiting the Palm Beach County area,
Bruce Siegel / General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Okeechobee, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed for one night. Place is clean, all employees are friendly and say hello. Decorated very nice. Outside pool area is pretty, alot of greenery. Had a tiki bar outside open until 11pm. Breakfast buffet is alittle pricey..15 a person. Stayed at a beach resort in Jupiter for over $200 dollars and this hotel is just as nice or maybe even better. Will def stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Ms. Sarah,
We appreciate your taking the time and sharing your most recent stay with us. Your Kind words are appreciated and will be shared with the staff. I also appreciate your comment on our price on the buffet. We look forward to your return visit and exceeding your expectations even more.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Since 1999, I have only stayed at Marriott properties world wide and because I am so loyal, I am also very critical. I just returned to New York after staying at the Renaissance at Boca Raton. I had an amazing time and was very happy with my experience at this property. Even before I arrived, I received an email from the front office supervisor, Jackie. It was the first time ever that I received an email that wasn't an auto generated Marriott reminder. Upon my arrival, Jackie was present and she was very helpful and gracious. The staff was amazing and I want to give high praise to Peter, Henry and Ferdinand for their above and beyond approach to customer service and guest relations. The only thing that prevents me from giving this property an excellent review is that all of the computers were unable to print and no one was able to correct this network configuration. However, they did print my boarding passes for me at the front desk. I am glad I stayed here and upon my next visit to Boca, I will certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Pay extra to stay on the Concierge (club level) floor. It is well worth it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Marriott Maniac,

Thank-you so much for taking the time and sharing your most recent stay with us. Your Kind comments are greatly appreciated and will definitely be shared with the entire Team especially the Ambassadors (Team Associates) you mentioned. It is always so nice to hear when our Ambassadors go the Extra Extra mile for our Guests.

On The Water
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very nicely appointed and VERY clean. We were pleased. Yes, the TV was small and the WI-Fi service was timing out so, it did miss the 5 star mark for business travel.

I called twice to correct the internet issue. To no surprise, they did not know how to refresh the hotel's signal. The second representative I spoke with did comp our bar bill $22.50.
Still, did not correct the issue.

VERY clean so- 4 solid stars! Clean puts it over the top,

We stayed in the executive suite, clean again and very nice amenities.
Outdoor pool was unseasonably cool. The hot tub was tooooo hot!

Will be back again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Dining for Digs,

Thank you very much for submitting a review references your last stay. Your kind comments both positive and constructive will be passed onto our Team to review and correct. I am always happy to hear when our ambassadors (associates) were able to assist in the correction of a problem quickly and efficiently to your satisfaction. Please note that new wireless access points are currently being installed to avoid connectively problems in the future, I realize this does not correct the problems you encountered but hopefully shows you that Guest feedback is very important to us as well as followed up accordingly.

Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I had an ok stay at hotel. My room was clean and the bathroom was updated. I noticed a cigarette smell the second night in the bathroom and room. The staff was very nice and changed my room.
I was planning on eating breakfast at the hotel with my daughter and granddaughter - the manager gave vouchers for all of us. The breakfast buffet is on the small size - but was good. In addition the pool and surroundings is really nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in renovated section
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Gloria H,
Thank you very much for submitting a review references your last stay. Your kind comments both positive and constructive will be passed onto our Team to review and correct. I am always happy to hear our ambassadors (associates) were able to correct your problem quickly and efficiently to your satisfaction. Once again we appreciate your comments and hopefully the next time you are in the Boca Raton area you will visit us again so we can exceed all your Expectations.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This is really a lovely hotel with a nice pool and outdoor seating areas. The room was a good size and nicely furnished. The TV seemed too small for the room and I was very disappointed to find no room service menu in the room when I arrived. I called and asked for one and they brought be a photocopied sheet of paper with very few selections. The hotel has a nice restaurant on site, so I don't know why the room service menu didn't reflect the options available in the restaurant. As a business traveler, I'm on my own and don't generally want to go sit at a bar or at a table by myself. I expect to have decent in-room dining options and was disappointed that this hotel didn't offer them.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Pdx Julie,
Thank you very much for submitting a review references your last stay. Your kind comments both positive and constructive will be passed onto our Team to review and correct. As the General Manager I always appreciate feedback so I can take the proper steps of correction to avoid from happening in the future. Once again we appreciate your comments and hopefully the next time you are in the Boca Raton area you will visit us again so we can Exceed all your Expectations.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2013

First time at this hotel and we had a great time. The pool area is so nice and a fun place to kick off your sandals and relax. The Valet team were excellent and the Front Desk followed up with
great expectations. Rooms are standard but clean and that's what matter's the most to us. Our friends are getting married and they choose your hotel for their room block. We will be back in
February and look forward to having another Great Great Great Stay!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ms. Jennie A,
We greatly appreciate and thank you very much for submitting a review references your last stay. Your kind comments about our Team are very kind especially about our Front Desk that they “followed up with
great expectations”. I am always so happy to hear that our Guests enjoy their stay especially when they have the time to enjoy our “Hidden Gem, the Oasis Pool area and Bar”. We look forward to your return visit in February to your new “Home away from Home”.