“Great Experience- Outstanding Staff”

Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is my first time staying at a Renaissance property and we came away VERY impressed.

It all started with a very nice email a few days before my arrival from Jackie Schwank: Front Office Supervisor. I am a Gold Elite member and this was a rarity for me at any Marriott property.
This gave me a very good impression and the front desk continued with the good vibe upon my late afternoon arrival.

The front desk made sure to note my Elite status and had us on the concierge floor. They made sure we knew that since we would be staying over into Saturday morning, the concierge room would be closed. They gave us a comp form for the breakfast buffet on Saturday AM.
Very nice buffet with lots of fresh food along with an omelet station.

The pool area is superb. Very quiet and easy to order drinks and food during the day,and a nice place to relax. The grounds give the feel that you are secluded in a tropical oasis- although in reality you are not far from Rt 95. (convenient for the business traveler)

The staff throughout my entire stay rivaled that of some of the JW Marriott's we have stayed at in the past.

Kudos to Teresa Hess who is there from the corporate side to work on the upgrade of the hotel.
We met her on our checkout and she was very concerned with our feelings on our stay.
We assured her it was top notch, and she made sure to let us know all the rooms are undergoing renovation.
Our room on the 5th floor (concierge level) was up to date and the complimentary WIFI throughout the entire property worked very well. Better in fact than most hotels I have stayed at in the last year.

All in all- superb hotel, and I would highly recommend it for families as well as business travel.

Room Tip: If you are Marriott Elite- be sure that they get you to the concierge floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
BocaGM, Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for all your kind comments, its guest like you that remind us that we love what we do and it is great to hear that we got it all right, thank you~

Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I enjoy properties with great grounds, landscaping and a "good feel".
This is one of those properties. Excellent staff and location. Loved walking around this hotel! Our room was very nice and the bar was very social. We enjoy reviewing properties that are worth our time. This is one of those!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobby k

It is always so nice to receive such a nice review from our guests. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I will definitely pass it on to our team. Thank you for choosing the Boca Raton Renaissance, and come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I was expecting so much more given my stays at other Renaissance properties but this one was by far the least nice. The pool and lobby were great but the rooms were dated and smelled wet. The AC unit was loud. Rooms were clean minus a disgusting trash can and the beds were comfortable minus the old lumpy pillows. Free internet and parking but no amount of lobby renovation will disguise the fact that the building is old and needs a complete renovation. Close to a mall and many restaurants.

Stayed: November 2013
BocaGM, Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Renaissance Boca Raton is currently under renovation, new updated rooms are coming!
Please come back and see us to enjoy our renovated rooms.

We appreciate all your feedback.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The property has a mixture of good and bad. First, the property has a nice pool area and courtyard. It would be appealing to sit back and have a drink after a long day of work. The room was decent enough, but the carpet was showing wear and tear. Same for the furniture. Hallways in the guest areas felt a litle damp as if the A/C couldn't keep up. The workout facility was small for the hotel size. In the morning it was full and I was unable to get in a workout in the hotel (I elected to run outside).

The purpose of my stay was to host a meeting using the conference facilities. The room worked well but the staff was continually coming into the room banging plates, cups, etc throughout the morning. I understand coming in to check up on us (and I appreciate that) but to do set-up and tear-down during the actual meeting was disruptive.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Renaissance Boca Raton is currently under renovation for all our guest rooms and we plan to be done by December 31st. New updated rooms are coming!
Please come back and see us to enjoy our renovated rooms. Our Banquet department is aware of your frustrations with room set up, and will adjust accordingly.

We appreciate all your feedback.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Pros: staff was friendly
Cons: staff didn't follow their own protocol, gave me the run-around, bunch of lip-service, basically blew smoke up my [--], and ruined my opinion of their credibility

Explanation: i've been staying at the boca renaissance for a few weeks, despite the questionable condition of their carpet and couches. stupidly, i left some shirts in the dresser. i called them about it a couple of days later, but they said that their cleaning staff totally would have found the shirts, but never found them or put them in lost-and-found, per their protocol. i went back to the hotel, and everyone promised me that they would "look into it", and "check around", to no avail. granted, i'm a dummaz for leaving my gear in the first place, but was the weeklong [--] circus really necessary? just say "sorry, we didn't think you were coming back and threw away your stuff", if that's what happened.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

It is disappointing to hear we did not handle lost and found research to your expectations; we will take all this information and pass to the appropriate departments, we will take a look at how we can improve this process.
Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This hotel has great service and is in a great location.. It is a hidden gem..Pool is wonderful to relax in. Rooms are comfortable and clean and the restuarant has friendly service with quality food..

• Stayed: October 2013
BocaGM, Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thank you very much for submitting a review references for your last stay. Your kind comments are appreciated and will be passed on to our Ambassadors.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I brought my Mother to Boca Raton for medical treatment; her right arm is paralyzed, she can't speak, and she was very weak from a recent hospital stay. There are not enough superlatives to describe the staff at this hotel. I had to buy a wheelchair which was unassembled, and Eric from Engineering was happy to assemble and refused a tip. I could not lift my Mother out of the tub, so the front desk sent three angels (Lemny, Adriana, and Vesna) who got her out in a minute; they, too, refused a tip. Without these angels, we would have missed our scheduled doctor's appointment. No matter what, the front desk was willing to help out in any way (Peter, Jackie, Phil, Ferdinand, Beatrice, Patricia, and Joe). I have traveled world-wide and have never encountered hotel employees like this. Our suite was perfect, and it overlooked the pool -- we will be back!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Zasha2013

Thank you very much for submitting a review references for your last stay. Your kind comments will be passed onto our Team.