Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
US$159
US$146
Hampton.com
Hilton Boca Raton Suites(Boca Raton)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$129
Hilton.com
Best Western Plus University Inn(Boca Raton)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$91
Hilton Garden Inn Boca Raton(Boca Raton)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$118
US$172
US$150
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton(Boca Raton)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$134
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham Boca Raton(Boca Raton)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$137
Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites(Boca Raton)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$686
US$562
  • Pool
1,013 results
All reviewsfront deskpool areathe concierge loungepoolside barrestaurant stafftown center mallthe entire staffsouth floridanice poolhousekeeping staffhaleyumbriabocarenovationrefrigeratortikibellman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I had a 2-night stay at the Renaissance in Boca Raton. First impressions matter, and I was struck by the sleek, modern, well-decorated lobby. I was greeted at the front desk by Peter who couldn't have been more pleasant and charming. The hotel is currently undergoing renovations, and I stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms. The room, like the lobby, was spacious and modern with all new furniture and a comfy looking bed. I hadn't been in the room more than a minute when the phone rang. It was Peter from the front desk, who was checking to see that the room was satisfactory. I'm not sure if I got the star treatment because I was a Platinum Elite member or all guests are treated like this. Either way, it certainly had the desired effect by making me feel welcome and special. Kudos to Peter.!!

The hotel gym is pretty standard and typical for a hotel of this size. Same for the pool, however, there is an aesthetically pleasing rock formation at poolside that gives one the impression of being in a tropical wonderland.

The hotel is located right off I-95, and it's within walking distance of the huge Boca Town Center Mall. The girlfriend spent an entire day at the mall trekking from Nordstrom's to Nieman-Marcus to Bloomingdales to Macy's to Sears to Saks and all shops in between..... You get the picture. Also, within walking distance of the hotel is the Cheesecake Factory. We had a great dinner there.

The hotel staff couldn't have been friendlier from check-in to check-out. I enjoyed my stay so much that I've already booked my stay at the Renaissance for my next trip to Boca Raton in January.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Benson50
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

My team and I are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Believe me when I say that satisfied guests such as yourself are the exact reason we love what we do. With our team, there is nothing more important than ensuring each and every guests satisfaction. I will share your comments with our team. Thank you once again and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

As we were departing our cruise which began with us leaving the Midatlantic in a snowstorm, we found we were going to be heading home into yet another storm, so we decided to extend our stay one more night in the warm sunny confines of south Florida to give the storm time to pass. So as we were getting off the ship, we began our search for a decent yet affordable hotel in the Fort Lauderdale area for one night and found this property through one of the discount travel sites. We found this property to be less expensive than some of the much lower rated properties in the greater Fort Lauderdale area, so we gave it a try. We arrived after making our reservation well ahead of the normal check in time, and as expected our room wasn't ready. However the staff made every effort to get us in our room as quickly as possible, and in no time we were getting a call as we sat by the pool enjoying the winter warmth.

The room was what one would expect from a smaller convention hotel. Quiet, comfortable, clean, efficient. The bed was particularly comfortable, especially after 5 nights of a less than comfortable bed on the ship. Other than the elevator sounding like it was on its last leg, everything else about the facility was quite nice.

However, as it seemed to be the theme of our complete trip (see my review of Carnival Freedom), we were once again unable to enjoy the complete hotel experience due to the smoking policy of the facility. The hotel itself is nonsmoking, but smoking is allowed by the pool. There were only a couple people by the pool, but they decided they were going to subject those of us who are non-smokers to their stench, which shortened our stay in the outdoor area to a very short time. I guess I'm going to need to call every property before we go to see what the smoking policies are or be subject to using only certain parts of the hotel and it's facilities.

Beyond that, the hotel is, once again if booked through a discount source, quite a good value.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tubaman77-CTC
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest - Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your most recent stay. We are proud of our hotel (recently renovated) and the service levels we provide. I thank you for your kinds comments on the hotel as well as how comfortable you were with our beds. The elevator challenge you spoke of has been taken care of. As far as the smoking out by the pool, thank you for your feedback as that is something I will take a close look at and adjust accordingly. Thank you once again for your time and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Lobby very nicely decorated and comfortable. Room was very spacious and clean. Bed very comfortable. Every staff member in the hotel that I encountered was friendly, sincere and helpful! Breakfast was excellent and the service was efficient

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Believe me when I say that your satisfaction makes what we do so worthwhile. Quite honestly it is what we live for. Thank you once again and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We were in this part of Florida in November while taking our grandson to look at colleges. Our travel agent had booked us here because it was a logical place to stop for the night and it was a Marriott property. We arrived well after the usual dinner hour. We had called ahead and were told that the hotel restaurant was still open. It was, and this is probably the only good experience we had at this hotel. The people working in the restaurant were very polite and accommodating to us. When the three of us went in, although the restaurant was totally empty and I'm sure the workers were ready to go home, they gave us menus and willingly took our orders. The food was very basic and institutional, not up to Marriott standards, but I give the restaurant staff credit for their patience and graciousness.
The best way to sum up our experience here is to say that the hotel is undergoing renovations and should have closed until this work was completed. We had a suite with a sofa bed for our teen aged grandson. The sofa bed did not have sheets and was not made up, although we had booked the room for three people. The layout of the suite was terrible because a person using the sofa bed had to walk through the other bedroom to get to the bathroom- no privacy!
The room was very out dated and not clean. The decorating seemed to have been done in the 70's and was very offensive. The elevators were not working correctly. The entire floor we were on smelled badly of cigarette smoke, although we were told it was a non smoking floor.
We ended up moving to a Marriott hotel nearby that we had passed coming in. It was very basic, but we did not encounter any problems such as we had here.
I don't know what should be expected from a Renaissance hotel, but the name will not hold a glamorous image for us!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit feedback on your most recent stay. I can tell you that we are almost complete with a full room renovation. Upon your next stay I can assure you that you will be placed in a new room with updated décor. I thank you once again for your feedback as any and all feedback is welcome in our goal to provide the best guest service and satisfaction possible. Thank you

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed here for one night; as I was driving my elderly parents through the state. (They wanted to visit a few family members and see some museums.) We stayed here on the night of November 27th (Day before Thanksgiving.)

When we first drove up; we wondered if we were at the correct entrance; since there were absolutely no signs of a bellman or any other hotel staff. My father and I decided to get out of the car and check inside. He found the reception desk and I found an abandoned luggage cart. So, as my father took care of checking us in; I used the cart to unload all of our bags. Just as I finished with the last bag; the bellman magically appeared to offer us assistance.

As Marriott Silver members; we had a complimentary upgrade to the club-level floor. We soon discovered that this was the first day that the floor had been re-opened; after an ongoing hotel remodel.

Upon getting into my room, I wanted to recharge my iPhone & iPad; but discovered that the power ports on the desk (and desk lamp) had no electricity. I located an electrical cord designed to power everything on the tape; but it was unplugged. The only nearby outlet was for the TV; and both out its plugs were occupied by the TV and Cable Box. I ended up having to scoot the work-desk a bit closer to the TV, unplug the cable box, and plug in the Desk power-strip cord. Fortunately; the cable box had a long enough power cable; so I was able to plug it into one of the available outlets on the table.

Without going into details; by the time I finished the above, I had been up for 34 hours straight. The only thing on my mind was catching a couple of hours sleep; prior to getting ready to have dinner with local relatives. My sleep was interrupted almost immediately by a call from my parents; wondering if I had trash cans anywhere in my bedroom, since they did not have any. I quickly checked and found the same to be true for my room. My father said he'd call downstairs and have cans delivered to both of our rooms; at which point I asked him to simply have any cans for my room delivered to his; so that I could get some sleep. 15 minutes later (after just falling back to sleep) I heard a loud knocking on my door. It was housekeeping with the trash cans. I told them to take everything next door to my parents room (I gave them the room number) telling them that I was trying to sleep and that I would get the cans for my room later. They went away & I had just begun to doze off again; when the phone began ringing. I tried to answer; but it was apparently a 2-line phone, switched to line 2; with the call coming in on line one. In the dark, half asleep; I ended up finding the switch to go back to line one, just as they hung up. (I later confirmed that my parents were not the ones calling.) Once again; I attempted to get some rest before I had to drive my family around for the evening. About 10-15 minutes after the phone call (just as I had fallen asleep again) housekeeping was once again knocking on my door. I stated in very clear terms (polite but firm) that they were supposed to be delivering the trash cans next door and that I was in bed, trying to sleep. I emphasized that I would be very grateful if they ceased knocking on my door or calling my phone. FINALLY. I was able to get about 40 minutes of rest; before my alarm went off - altering me that it was time to get up and take a shower. The only problem was that when I went into the bathroom; I realized that while I had a rod for the shower curtain; the hotel had neglected to actually install the shower curtain. Short on time; I attempted to squeeze my just under 6' tall body into a standard sized bathtub.

I managed to get ready with some time to spare; so I chose to stop into the executive level lounge for a light snack. They had a long self-serve food-bar; which was sparsely stocked with miniature chicken satay, along with some cheese, crackers and fruit. At the end of the bar; there was a selection of a few wines and a couple of liquor options. I decided to pour myself a very small (1/4" deep) glass of wine to accompany the cheese, crackers and fruit. At about the same time; a member of the hotel staff came in from the back and asked me how I wanted to pay for the wine. When I inquired what she was talking about; I was informed that there was a $5.00 charge for the wine. (a 1/2 oz serving). I was told this was a bargain; since they charged $10.00 in the downstairs bar. I inquired as to why on a complementary snack buffet (for executive level guests) they were charging for wine (and I assume for beer and liquor); when there wasn't a single sign posted about alcoholic beverages being extra. (I have stayed on the executive / business level of several Hilton & Starwood properties; where there was no additional charge for these.) I was told that they had just reopened this particular lounge area and did not have their new signage ready. (Apparently; a temporary sign typed up on Word and printed on a laser printer was too difficult of a task.) I was informed that if I didn't want to pay; they could take the glass back and simply throw it out. Out of principle alone, I gave it back to the hotel staff.

On my way out for the evening, I informed the front desk of my guest room problems; which they did resolve while I was out.

The following morning; I decided to have some Coffee; while getting dressed for the day. I was preparing to use the brand new coffee machine (in an attractively styled coffee-bar section of the room); when I realized that there wasn't an electrical outlet anywhere near the coffee bar. I looked high and low; but no outlet. (I did find an outlet elsewhere in the room; where I guessed the coffee bar had been located prior to the remodel. Unfortunately, there wasn't a single outlet within reach of the coffee maker. I ended up moving it into the bathroom to brew my coffee. (Later, I checked my parents room & they had the same situation.)

I mentioned this to the front desk at the time of check-out (at which point they confirmed my conjecture of the previous location of the coffee maker) and stated that they would have to inform engineering of this oversight in the remodel.

It appears that the hotel management has never heard of the concept of preparing a check-list to verify that all aspects of a guest-room are properly equipped and ready for occupancy. Nor did anyone contemplate the fact that moving electrical appliances might require them to make sure they had an electrical outlet available in the new location.

Overall; even if the rooms had been properly equipped from the beginning; they were overpriced for their level of quality. I found this particular Renaissance to be more on par with a Fairfield Inn (Not Suite) and certainly not worth the high price charged.

Room Tip: Until the remodel is complete; I'd make sure that you are 2 floors away from whatever level is currently undergoing renovation. I'd also hesitate to pay anything close to standard rates for these rooms. ($232 / room per night for me).
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank barrySW

Thank you for your feedback. My sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay. As the new General Manager here for 10 days, I can assure that each and every challenge you have communicated has been addressed. Your feedback goes a long way in our commitment to provide the best level of service possible. The coffee pot location has been changed. I will tell you that it is a Marriott policy to charge for Alcohol in the Concierge Lounge. I look forward to your return and ask that you reach out to me upon your return. Thank you again for taking the time to provide welcomed feedback. Thank you.