“Highly Disappointed”

Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I heard the hotel was recently renovated so I thought I would try it. The lobby is very nice and the staff responsive. It was impossible to get a good night's sleep. The bed was uncomfortable. The air conditioning unit was loud. We could hear everything in the other rooms-toilets flushing, water running, even a mere sneeze. The housekeeping staff were loud in the morning and, even though I had a late checkout, they knocked on my door 3 times and once came into the room! The room was "renovated" but the toilet was old and dingy and very loud when flushed. The pillow cases had black marks on them and the windows were not sealed properly so you could hear lots of traffic noise. The cost of a movie was almost $20.00 which I purchased because my daughter really wanted to see it.

Upon my arrival, I received an email from their general manager indicating that my complete satisfaction a priority and to let him know if I needed anything during my stay. The email even offered a cell phone number. I responded to the email with the same comments included here and received a very short received a short "thanks for your feedback" response. I certainly will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank M J
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I do remember your communication and did rectify the situation and compensation. Not clear on your comments. That being said you have given us some valuable feedback so that we can improve. Without your feedback we cannot improve. Thank you once again

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The best thing this hotel has is the staff. I went there for a wedding on October 2013 and the price was reasonable, the staff was always very helpful and kind. The rooms are clean and spacious.
I definitely recommend this hotel. Also, they offer fresh cold water in the lobby which is very much appreciated.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for your review from October 13. So much has changed since you were here in October. We have a new management team/staff - newly renovated rooms. If you thought we were good before then you will love us now. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel is one of the most beautiful I have seen! The customer service is excellent and all of the employees are friendly and very professional....it felt like home! Hayley at the front desk was exceptionally helpful and we really appreciated her going above and beyond for customer service!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for your review. We hope you had a chance to catch our RLIFE LIVE on Saturday with the one man band (steel drums) and cookout by the pool. I will certainly let Hayley know you mentioned her by name as she will be thrilled. Thank your for your kind comments and hope for a quick return. If I may be of further service please don't hesitate in reaching out to me directly.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Hotel is clean and smells great!! staff welcomes you with complimentary water every time you leave or come. The pool was clean and we were always able to grab chairs even when there was about 10 of us. Food was god poolside and brought directly to your chair. On Saturday there was a one man band playing steel drums (great entertainment!) There is a local restaurant to gran food almost all night but I would defiantly order in! Would stay there again!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Fabulous! Thank you for the amazing review. I am personally thrilled that you enjoyed the entertainment at our RLIFE LIVE event on Saturday. We just started doing those and this was the second week. Please come back soon. If you have any suggestions for us to be better please reach out to me directly. Thank you once again

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Impeccable service from the staff.
Front desk stars : Peter, Dantes, Melissa and Hayley.
Bellmen: Joe and Bill
Pool: Shane
Restaurant : Angela and Joe
Shuttle driver : Steve

Clean rooms, updated decor.
Great little tropical oasis of a pool with warm water..... None of that cold water shock.

Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Hidden Gem is a good description and one we appreciate. The team is honored to have had you as our guest and hope for a timely return. We have started with our RLIFE LIVE program and will have another this weekend. Carribean music by the pool with an amazing pool side cookout (BBQ Ribs - Chicken - Corn on the Cob) etc. We will have drink specials and amazing atmosphere. We have you plan your next visit soon. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

After spending a few days a bit down the coast at the beach, we needed to move North to be closer to Boca town center. We were not looking forward to spending the last few days away from the beach, but this hotel delivered, and over delivered to tbe point where we enjoyed it as much as the beach. The interior must be new as it is fresh, warm, and inviting. Our room was well appointed and the bed was excellent. The conceirge lounge was well appointed with full breakfast. Parking is free. And finally the grounds and pool area are wonderful, better than many of Marriott's resorts. The location is great near central Boca and only 5 minutes from the upscale Oceanfront Boca.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

We are glad you chose to review our hotel and thrilled you enjoyed yourself. We want to make sure your stay is always as good as this one and look forward to your return. Please reach out to me upon your return as I would like to meet you and assist in any local fare possible.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Enjoyed a well run, maintained and staffed facility. Personnel were friendly accommodating and efficient. Pool is a quiet oasis away from the beach. Food and service at the pool bar/café was well done. Concierge staff very efficient and presentations well done. Definitely a return when next in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Great news! Amazing review and so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I will share this with the team as we always do and this will go on our success board. I say this quite often but there is nothing our team loves more than the satisfaction of our guests. Thank you for your review and we look forward to a quick return.