“Better than imagined!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Salvador
“Better than imagined!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

The afternoon started very slow as my wife and I found out upon arrival to Towneplace Suites in Boca Raton that our reservation had a little follow up problem and what we had requested was not available and we were lloking to over 10+ days in an unit smaller than what we had in mind and honestly, I was ready to leave and loose a portion of my credit card deposit but this "angel" came around and came to our rescue and she took instant action to resolve this unconfortable situation and did all that it was possible at the moment to give an adequate solution and she did; this "angel´s" name is Ana Maria and she works in the front desk of this faccilite. I sincerely hope that the Marriott top brass has somebody reading your Tripadvisor material and reviews as she , along with her colleague, Ing. Louis, turned out a sour lemon in a sweet sejour. The installations were adequate for our ocassional cooking needs "in house", the ammenities were also as expected and the overall rating for a stay of 12 days, making a special mention of the well known "Marriott beds" were excellent. I must mention that nowadays, with so much alredy made food in the local supermarkets for take out with a great flavour and quality (try the Chicken noodle soup from the Publix supermarket on Military Road and you will certainly look for the "grandma" that cooked it).
As usual, Marriott has contributed with their installations and this great service team that I just mentioned, for a memorable 12 days vacation in this West Palm Beach area with many many surprises and great eating places and specially, nice people.

Room Tip: Corner suites are spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TownePlaceBocaRaton, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Hello WalkerSanSalvador!

We would like to start by thanking you for your review and thank you for your kind words for Anna and Louis. We know they will be pleased to hear your kind words and we will be sure to share them with the entire team!

We take great pride in our service levels and to really treat each of our guests as if they were part of our own family. Thank you for staying at our TownePlace Suites and we hope to have the opportunity of serving you again in the future!

John Barone General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Netanya, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

We always stay in a self catering apartment accommodation when we travel. We have always stayed in Residence Inns and mostly we have been satisfied. This experience has been a little different. The accommodation location was exellent and we took a 2 room apartment as there was one available. We were delayed in New York and only arrived at 3 am and were welcomed warmly.
We were warned about the noise of the trains so it was no surprise. It is disturbing even through I wear earplugs to sleep with.
The windows are all sealed and can not be opened. I understand that this is a hurricane area but to be living sealed in with no fresh air has been really difficult. The weather here in Boca is wonderful and there is no possibility to switch off the air-conditioning. The worst part is the apartment has a closed in stuffiness. I eventually bought a perfumed candle to try and freshen up the place. The cleaning is very rudimentary and the whole cleaning process takes les than 15 mins. They are very generous with towels, toilet paper and salt and pepper. There is coffee and tea in the entrance area, together with 2 computers for the use of the guest. The laundry was clean and the front desk has lots of change.
Dispite the exceptional front desk staff, I don't think that I would stay here a again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank luckyducky16
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

TownePlace was an exceptional option for our large group. We had a group of 15 students, who were traveling down to South Florida for a service immersion. TownePlace provided above friendly service, high quality staff assistance, and great rooms at an amazing price.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Boca Raton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

The rooms offer big space, ask for a 1 or 2 bedroom suite, very affordable, beds comfortable, cleaning staff helpful, great location - near everything -Sals italian restaurant nearby as well as Publix(grocery store), fast food options, Starbucks, Panera Bread. Close to beaches, has small pool area for lounging, Front staff Andrew, Kim, Jessie, Carlos, Hope all very helpful and professional. Ask if anything is wrong and they will fix it right away kitchen is functional for all meals. rooms are quiet. Mall short drive away as well as movie theathers. the extra TVs in the bigger rooms are fantastic for letting everyone watch what they want, good desk area for working, complimentary internet service was very appreciated. Nature park in walking distance, good fitness center for keeping in shape. Well maintained. breakfast is a take away with cereal, pastries, instant oatmeal, fruit, juice, lobby has a map and table, with computers & printer, free faxing

Room Tip: ask for a room on the second floor and you can use the stairs
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
BOCA RATON, FLORIDA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

I am a local business owner,single mother of 2 girls 11 and 17, and a full time. CAre giver for my father who is 85 with stage 3 Alzheimer's. my rented house was being tented for termites. It has been exhausting and it is a 3 day/2night out of the house situation. My landlord rented us a 2 bedroom/1 bath handicap accessible suite. Well, I am finally relaxing. I brought my own food so my Dad would not be out of place, I shipped the girls off to their father and after dinner last night......I watched t.v. On the comfy couch with the most plush pillows from my bed. My Dad and I relaxed in so much comfort. The room is clean, the kitchen perfectly compact with everything necessary to make a nice dinner. Breakfast was offered in the a.m. (oatmeal, 5 cereals, fruit, milk (fat free and 2%) blueberry muffins, 24 hour coffee/tea). I was so impressed
How stress free everything was, once I got here. There is a big cart for luggage/food. Everyone was so helpful with my Dad who can walk. It slowly. The shower is handicap accessible with a huge shower chair attached to the wall, flat floor so need to step over to get in, big, big, wheelchair accessible bathroom. I recommend TownePlace Suites for anyone but especially with handicap options. I have a nurse that helps with showers/dressing and she was equally impressed.

Room Tip: I was too close to exit doors, a little noisy, but I have stayed at the boca resort for $1,000 a nig...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Placida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

And during my re-location, I may need to. What the other reviews did not mention was the GREAT location, right off of I-95 (No, I was not kept up with the highway noise). And the
Boca Raton Tri-Rail Train Station is right across the street - it connects to the airports; big play if you want to economize. Also across the street is a high-end restaurants and services center/plaza where you can choose cheaper or more expensive. The property itself was very well kept and I felt very safe and secure. The lobby has really good coffee in the morning and the breakfast is right next door at the "sister" property- SpringHill Suites. The room seemed "roomy" the way that the pull out sofa, bed, TV and work station/breakfast area were configured. The kitchen had EVERYTHING you would need to store, cook and eat. The room and linens were clean and comfortable. The entire hotel smelled "fresh" without a "cleaner" smell. If you have a pet, it is a $100 fee -not bad considering that's what you pay sometimes for just 1 night in a hotel. One last thing that impressed me was the friendly, informative and helpful staff. So, - this is a much nicer extended stay hotel then I expected.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Ferndale, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Was booked at the Towneplace Suites for a business trip and had to be moved within days. First day the closet door kept coming off the track. Then the oven would not heat up, it took over an hour to cook a pizza. They did repair the door. Next day... Long black hair in my bed under the sheets. I have very short hair, needless to say, not mine. Next day... Blood stains on the sheets. Oh and more long black hair this time in the towels. Next day... Holes in the bed sheets. I was done at this point. I called my corp office and requested to be moved. In all, four of us were trasferred to another property, all for similar dirty rooms. This is not to mention the people camped out front every night with their chairs and tables smoking all night. Even the security guard joined them. There are no grocery stores near by. And they suggest yo use the hotel next door for a hot breakfast, pool, or gym.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Dobby829
WashDCHotels, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Hello Eric M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We take our guests feedback very seriously so that we can always strive to improve the experience that our guests have.

I would like to start by apologizing for the substandard cleanliness of the linens as this is something that we know is one of the most important things for our guests. We would like to assure you that your experience isn’t typical and we have already taken steps to assure it is correct. We are also in the process of replacing all of our ovens over the next few months to provide our guests with an even better experience. We certainly don’t want to make someone wait an hour for pizza! We are also addressing the other issues with the closet door and the security guard’s behavior.

We hope that you will give us a second chance the next time you are in the Boca Raton area so we can show to you that we can do it right!

John Barone